AMIIBOS..............preorder at best buy with GCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're up on AZ too. I'd rather preorder there and forgo the 10% savings to avoid a revolving charge

Edit: Appears Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are OOS on AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
They're up on AZ too. I'd rather preorder there and forgo the 10% savings to avoid a revolving charge

Edit: Appears Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are OOS on AZ
don't forget gamer unlocked savings essentially 30 %. total savings.

I've never been so excited for a Nintendo product since Reggie announced the Wii Wheel.

Oddly enough the Pit and Zelda figures revealed earlier are nowhere to be found.
yeah I would want both of those.

oh well I at least preordered link, samus, and pikachu for now. not sure I will keep them but I don't feel like gamers club should work on these (they are accessories not software) so I locked them in before they figure that out.

zulux21 said:
yeah I would want both of those.
oh well I at least preordered link, samus, and pikachu for now. not sure I will keep them but I don't feel like gamers club should work on these (they are accessories not software) so I locked them in before they figure that out.
Eh - GCU has worked on Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters since the beginning so I don't see why they would shut these out unless they change the policy for all 3.

Smash Bros better be the greatest game ever. You need a converter, a new(old) controller, and now compatible amiibos to get the full experience. 

Eh - GCU has worked on Skylanders and Disney Infinity characters since the beginning so I don't see why they would shut these out unless they change the policy for all 3.
ah good to know, never tried ordering those or followed those :p

My advice would be to wait buying these.   Anyone who's grabbed Skylanders or Disney Infinity knows that they'll ALWAYS do Buy 2, Get 1 or B1G1 or other variations all the time later.

Paying MSRP or grabbing all of them with just the GCU will be a mistake if your patient.

Pre-ordered Link and Fox from Amazon and Marth from Bestbuy. I don't expect the whole roster to be released as Amiibos, but it would be nice if they came out with more down the road.

My advice would be to wait buying these. Anyone who's grabbed Skylanders or Disney Infinity knows that they'll ALWAYS do Buy 2, Get 1 or B1G1 or other variations all the time later.

Paying MSRP or grabbing all of them with just the GCU will be a mistake if your patient.
I second that!

What exactly do these do in Smash Bros, do we know? And I agree, wait to buy. It's the same story every time with both Skylanders and Disney Infinity. If you buy at full price (with a very few exceptions) you're throwing away money.

I'd be interested if we had any idea what these do. We know that they will do something in Smash Bros and something lesser in Mario Kart, but I don't want these without knowing what they do for these games.

According to someone in the amazon questions, here's what was listed for usage:

the figures will work in the following way:
- They can be used in multiple games (some that are as of yet unreleased or even announced)
- In Smash Bros. for the Wii U you will be able to place the figure on the GamePad to pull that character into the game. When you do so he will become a computer controlled fighter
- You can fight this fighter with your currently selected character, or place him on your team to fight along side you
- The more you use a particular figure the higher his/her level will be (up to 50)
- When the figures level up they become more powerful and can even unlock new abilities (some of which can be customized to your style of play)
- The data of the character in game will be stored within the physical figure itself and can be brought to a friends house, where you can challenge him to beat your custom character
- The figures are NOT playable in Smash Bros. and you will not be able to use it within particular modes (specifically online, but I'm not 100% sure about this)

I'm a little confused about functionality. The New 3DS isn't supposed to come out this year in the U.S.? Amiibos come out at end of this year? If they come out, no way to use on Wii U or 3DS at this point? Something has to happen...

My advice would be to wait buying these. Anyone who's grabbed Skylanders or Disney Infinity knows that they'll ALWAYS do Buy 2, Get 1 or B1G1 or other variations all the time later.

These are Nintendo products so I doubt there will ever be much of a sale.

I'm a little confused about functionality. The New 3DS isn't supposed to come out this year in the U.S.? Amiibos come out at end of this year? If they come out, no way to use on Wii U or 3DS at this point? Something has to happen...
Amiibos communicates with the wii u gamepad, so it should work fine with the wii u. 3ds compatability will be delayed. The old 3ds doesn't have NFC compatability, so it will require a special adapter that won't come out until next year (along with new 3DS I assume, which has built-in NFC)

Oddly enough the Pit and Zelda figures revealed earlier are nowhere to be found.
From Joystiq a few days ago:

The first wave includes 12 figures, among them many that were initially unveiled at E3 2014. Metroid's Samus, The Legend of Zelda's Link, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Pikachu, the Animal Crossing boy villager, and Super Mario Bros.' Mario, Princess Peach, and Yoshi populate the line. There are also figures of Marth from the Fire Emblem series and the Wii Fit trainer. Some figures shown in prototype form at E3 2014, including Princess Zelda and Kid Icarus, are not included in the first wave.

So basically anything you can use gcu on is considered a deal now? Some people have a strange idea of what a deal is.

who the fuck wants a wii fit trainer amiibo

also on amazon if you use citicard there is apparently a $10 promo if you spend at least $20 ($25?), i bought mario, peach, and pikachu for kids and it applied automatically.  don't wanna deal with best buys crappy "lets put a credit preauth forever" on preorders either, even with GCU.  i'm sure plenty of these will be in store at release too.

I pre-purchased all 12, worst axes I can return if a better deal is found. I just don't want to miss out on the possible rare one.

You could wait but as big as this game will be heading to Christmas , these amiibos will be hard to find..just a heads up
I doubt this. I doubt Nintendo will under produce these, and with so many competitors in this businesses there will be plenty to go around.

I pre-ordered all 12.  Thanks to the 50% TIV bonus I had a $113 gc so that covered most of it.    I'm going to be really interested if they do the skylanders thing where TRU, Target & WM have their own exclusives.

I for now preordered Link, Fox, Mario and Samus. I will wait on other figures to see if they have any deals in the future. I guess now I should eventually preorder Smash Bros but will wait for some of my rewards to come in from other preorders first.

Alternatively, preorder the whole set, and cancel if you feel like it later.

That way you won't miss out if for some reason they sell out or folks figure out which ones are "rare".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back