Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Megaman Battle Network 5 Double Team and Dragon Quest V Hand of the Heavenly Bride DS $24.99 at Gamestop. Reprint.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Eternal Session

Eternal Session

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:56 AM

So it looks like Gamestop has reprinted more games. These never appeared anywhere near me, and now practically every location has them.

It's $24.99. If you can get it complete, it's a pretty good deal. The birthday coupon or a B2G1 makes it even better.

Megaman Battle Network 5

Dragon Quest V

#2 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Not a deal.

#3 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Was this game rare?  I've had it forever and never knew.

#4 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Looks like you missed the boat.

#5 ChuckyDJ

ChuckyDJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

It appears they also reprinted Mega Man Star Force 3 - Black Ace. 

#6 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hmm...my 2 closest locations don't have any copies.  Never played the previous games, do I need to play them in order?  Same with Mega Man Star Force series order matter?

#7 Mr_hat

Mr_hat

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

So it looks like Gamestop has reprinted another game. This thing never appeared anywhere near me, and now practically every location has it.

It's $24.99. If you can get it complete, it's a pretty good deal. The birthday coupon or a B2G1 makes it even better.

http://www.gamestop....uble-team/39439

It appears they also reprinted Mega Man Star Force 3 - Black Ace. 

Yes its a reprint. Gamestop has a secret underground printing facility in the wymoning mountains where they manufacturer the game plastic cases, print the stickers for the game, machines to encode the games chip, assemble it all, have a team of lawyers that negotiate the licensing of said products from the companies that own the rights and the developers who made the games originally and so on. Just so they can reprint an old game for a defunct system that would only appeal to a small percentage of gamers, all so they can make almost no money off of it. Because as we all know every single gamestop stocks in its stores and online that are out of print "must be reprints" because there is no way possible for them to have those games otherwise unless they actually made them themselves.

6eb505263f8d4154daaf540ccfc288ab.jpg

#8 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yes its a reprint. Gamestop has a secret underground printing facility in the wymoning mountains where they manufacturer the game plastic cases, print the stickers for the game, machines to encode the games chip, assemble it all, have a team of lawyers that negotiate the licensing of said products from the companies that own the rights and the developers who made the games originally and so on. Just so they can reprint an old game for a defunct system that would only appeal to a small percentage of gamers, all so they can make almost no money off of it. Because as we all know every single gamestop stocks in its stores and online that are out of print "must be reprints" because there is no way possible for them to have those games otherwise unless they actually made them themselves.

https://games.yahoo....-170023206.html

Gamestop has been doing this since the PS2 days when they worked with Namco to reprint Xenosaga III and Tecmo to reprint Fatal Frame. This is nothing new for them.

#9 thekoolkurt

thekoolkurt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

Yes its a reprint. Gamestop has a secret underground printing facility in the wymoning mountains where they manufacturer the game plastic cases, print the stickers for the game, machines to encode the games chip, assemble it all, have a team of lawyers that negotiate the licensing of said products from the companies that own the rights and the developers who made the games originally and so on. Just so they can reprint an old game for a defunct system that would only appeal to a small percentage of gamers, all so they can make almost no money off of it. Because as we all know every single gamestop stocks in its stores and online that are out of print "must be reprints" because there is no way possible for them to have those games otherwise unless they actually made them themselves.

If you got one of the "reprint" games you'd know you're incorrect.

#10 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

Has anyone seen if they're cart only or in the box? They seem to be doing a lot of disc/cart only reprints lately.

#11 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Another article talking about Gamestop working to reprint some games.

http://venturebeat.c...physical-games/

#12 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

I have this game in my collection for years and it still SEALED. I think i paid $10 while back.  I can't believe it getting RARE.  :)  NO One buy Old DS game for $25 (Only Cart) unless is POKEMON :)  

"Evil is Funs"

#13 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

I really doubt this will be a complete copy. It will be just like Cave Story 3Ds were it was cart only.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#14 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

Man it's a good thing because now it's affordable, but good thing I never paid retail for it. Now j can finish my star force collection too.

#15 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#16 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

I ordered star force 3 black ace from their site last week and it came complete with the case without a gba cart holder...wonder why they bothered to reprint these 2 can't imagine the demand being very high.

#17 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hmm...my 2 closest locations don't have any copies.  Never played the previous games, do I need to play them in order?  Same with Mega Man Star Force series order matter?

Battle Network has quite a bit of continuity.  You'll be half lost jumping in at 5. 

#18 Rozz

Rozz

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

At least no one has said that this "isn't a reprint, Gamestop just found all of these copies in their warehouse again" yet.

#19 jon94m

jon94m

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Think they reprinted chrono trigger ds also. All my gamestops around me have complete copies.

#20 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Both Battle Network 5 and Star Force 3 Black Ace were complete (or at least in the original case) at my local store. Today was the first time seeing them there.

#21 MSU_DVM

MSU_DVM

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

If anybody finds a complete copy of this, please PM so I can buy it from you. All my local stores have it cart only.

Currently Playing: :ps3: Tales of Grace :vita: Persona 4 (plat run)

miamiheatfan1121.png

heatfan1121.jpg

#22 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:57 PM

Dude, please shut the Fuck up, all you ever do is troll and it's funny that you spend a good portion of your life doing it.  :rofl:

#23 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

I have this game in my collection for years and it still SEALED. I think i paid $10 while back.  I can't believe it getting RARE.  :)  NO One buy Old DS game for $25 (Only Cart) unless is POKEMON :)  

You would be surprised what people go after once things go "rare." Do you remember My Japanese Coach? I couldn't believe some of the prices that game was was fetching at one point. The DS had a lot of good games but a lot of people skipped the boat or jumped on the 3DS, that's when I noticed a lot of other titles getting a littler harder to come by.

#24 argyle

argyle

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

Both Battle Network 5 and Star Force 3 Black Ace were complete (or at least in the original case) at my local store. Today was the first time seeing them there.

Same here.  My store also had complete copies of Kirby's Mass Attack & Ghost Trick.  I bought Ghost Trick and it looks brand-new, even has the Nintendo safety & warning pamphlet in it.  Not saying it's necessarily a reprint too, just throwing that out there since it IS also a Capcom DS game. 

Posted Image

#25 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:23 AM

Is CAG16 & Savers the best combo?

#26 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:44 AM

Another article talking about Gamestop working to reprint some games.

http://venturebeat.c...physical-games/

What's the point? You know he's going to post the same crap every time someone finds a new GameStop reprint. He treats everyone like a moron without realizing he's the moron, but we all know so let's stop politely showing him he's wrong because he obviously won't get it.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#27 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:53 AM

Think they reprinted chrono trigger ds also. All my gamestops around me have complete copies.

Cool, a friend of mine loves that game.  It was definitely memorable that's for sure.  Not really that much of a role playing gamer.

I don't mind reprints, especially of games worth the time.  Well, maybe the price is kind of high $25-$60 on them.

#28 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hmm, I'm tempted...

I played 1 and 6 and enjoyed both.  They're RPGs with an interesting battle system.  Not really much like Megaman, but still good games.

I skipped most of them though only because they came out so often at the time (until they completely stopped making them lol)

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#29 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

I ordered a copy - came to $20.12 after PowerUp Rewards and CAG16 discounts.

Posted Image

#30 therealdeal19

therealdeal19

GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:01 AM

Picked up both Megaman Battle Network and Starforce. They didn't have them out on the floor but the employee was kind enough to check and they had both games complete and mint in the drawer.

Very happy used both birthday coupons and rewards as well.

516078.png
TheHolyPickle.jpg