Investor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
PS4 Controller $35 at Rakuten via Buy.com Free Shipping New Customer Only

Codes:

NEW10 for $10 off new customer.

LABORDAY10 for free shipping.

Credit to Slickdeals.  Hurry before they're gone like the last time, but with the unsecured Visa Checkout on Red Dot instead of Buy.com here.  You can checkout with Paypal if you are worried.  It's safe, effective and convenience.  

Get this just in time for Destiny, which is out on September 9th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
God I wish Sony would release the official PC drivers for this already... the unofficial ones aren't that great. 

Saw this on Slickdeals and grabbed one.  Great deal.  Now I'm prepared for long gaming sessions of Destiny where I will inevitably need to swap out controllers once one of them dies and I need to charge it.

God I wish Sony would release the official PC drivers for this already... the unofficial ones aren't that great.
For those looking to pair their PS4 controller with their PCs, try this. Works wonders. You can even turn off that annoying light bar on your DS4. No more reflected light off the TV while you're playing.

Seems like a crazy deal. Especially when it's almost matching the cheapest price for a PS3 controller.. in some way. I would probably grab one if they had another color as an alternative to my PS3 controller to use on PC.

I would buy one right now but I read that it's easy for people to steal your info on Rakuten :/
Not on this deal. It's through Buy.com, which has been safe so far. Check out with Paypal if you have, and you don't have to worry.

Not on this deal. It's through Buy.com, which has been safe so far. Check out with Paypal if you have, and you don't have to worry.
Ah, cool! I'll just use PP then, thanks. I tried checking out through paypal but it seems it won't let me put the promo code...I don't want to accidentally check it out for $45

I thought is was buy.com which had all the credit problems before they merged with rakuten. All should be safe at this point.
It's safe if you purchase it from the Buy.com seller. The last deal was by Red Dot, and when people use the Visa Checkout option for it, Rakuten saved their credit card information on their website, which is not safe. In general, you don't want any website to save your card information, including Amazon, even if you use an anonymous credit card. One should check out with Paypal whenever possible to minimize people from stealing your card information.

R4L: Try it again. No one has any trouble checking out with Paypal so far. You put in the 2 codes on Rakuten first, then use Paypay at the checkout screen.

Anyway. I think I've spent enough time on this deal and post. I just wanted to let everyone here and fellow CAG members know of this great deal. You guys can figure the rest out from reading my posts above. Get in before the Slickdeals peeps get it all...again. Good luck guys!

-----------------------------------------------

In for one. Not going to open it, just keep it, then do a no receipt exchange at wal mart for an eventual color one.
The only Walmart I tried something like this at absolutely refused this and didn't allow "electronics" (which meant videogames and prob. accessories for them), but if you know you can at the one you go to then more power to you.

What is this Rakuten site? I have seen it posted a few times before, but I am always wary when purchasing from a site I do not know.

The only Walmart I tried something like this at absolutely refused this and didn't allow "electronics" (which meant videogames and prob. accessories for them), but if you know you can at the one you go to then more power to you.
There is no such limitation stated on their website. You must've just been unlucky.

I was in but cant figure out how to input the coupon code. All I see is a gift certificate option

Edit- nevermind, paid with paypal over mobile and the promo applied. No free shipping code needed.

I was in but cant figure out how to input the coupon code. All I see is a gift certificate option
This is from a post on Slickdeals. This poster got them to work, and was showing everyone there how. Check the highlighter part below. Good luck:

Quote from NedHead :
Tried it with a new account, used NEW10 at checkout. The price did not change. I entered the code again and it said that the promo had already been applied. Still showing $45 + tax at checkout.

Quote from cbaty08 :
I can't seem to get the coupon to stick either.
frown.gif

Look below the cart listing, should say whether or not the coupon has been accepted or if there's an issue. I had to create my account, then log in, check out, then select PayPal at the payment method selections screen. After I authenticated to PayPay it took me back to the site and the coupon was applied.

For those using paypal you have to click "submit" while you're logged into paypal (I thought it would complete the order originally) but it'll take you back to rakuten and that's where you put the promo code

Anyone else having trouble staying logged in to their site? It seems to log me out after the paypal submit and won't apply any of the codes and if I try to log back in just takes me to the main cart page

I still never got my DS4 I ordered from Buy.com through eBay on the 22nd. I'm quite disappointed.

Thanks OP.

Placed an order for a second DS4.  Hope this comes in handy with D3 or NBA 2K if it actually turns out good this year. 

Anyone get a confirmation for this? Ordered 5 min ago and nothing. No charge to paypal, no email confirmation and through their website my order shows as "processing"

Update:  Got an email from them now

Keeps telling me I need to login (also the top keeps going from logged in to not) after I've entered my info for Paypal then sends me to the cart again.

Keeps telling me I need to login (also the top keeps going from logged in to not) after I've entered my info for Paypal then sends me to the cart again.
It sends you back to your cart again, LonelyBacteria, so that you can enter the two codes and complete your checkout. You're doing it correctly.

Thanks. I ended up using the mobile site this time and it was much more obvious.

Anybody know who they use for budget shipping to Tampa? I stopped using Amazon the first time they used laser ship or whatever it's called.

One of the posters from Slickdeals said that his was sent by aUPS service that transfers the package over to USPS for delivery.

People are blowing this site's reputation up for no reason. They had a hack incident no different than Sony, Target, or any other big sites. It wasn't them being particularly unsafe.

And no way am I switching to PayPal only because I get 5% back at Rakuten, Best Buy, Apple, and Tiger Direct if I use the Discover Card links and input my Discover card info. Maybe I just need to get burned by theft before I'll be that cautious, but frankly, I just don't think it's as unsafe as you all suggest. Then again, I check my online bank and credit card charges daily out of habit so maybe that's why I feel less like I'd get unwanted activity.

Got a check in the mail for $45, broke down and bought another one so I'll have 2 controllers for the PS TV, and 4 total.

Thanks for the post! Just picked up one for $35, there was no tax charged on mine for shipping to NC
You're welcome! $35 shipped is an amazing deal. I'm glad there's no taxes there in NC.

People are blowing this site's reputation up for no reason. They had a hack incident no different than Sony, Target, or any other big sites. It wasn't them being particularly unsafe.

And no way am I switching to PayPal only because I get 5% back at Rakuten, Best Buy, Apple, and Tiger Direct if I use the Discover Card links and input my Discover card info. Maybe I just need to get burned by theft before I'll be that cautious, but frankly, I just don't think it's as unsafe as you all suggest. Then again, I check my online bank and credit card charges daily out of habit so maybe that's why I feel less like I'd get unwanted activity.
Do you really check your banking statement daily? That's a very good habit to have. I check my bank statements online every Saturday or Sunday. It's quite a chore with multiple banks and such.

You're welcome! $35 shipped is an amazing deal. I'm glad there's no taxes there in NC.

Do you really check your banking statement daily? That's a very good habit to have. I check my bank statements online every Saturday or Sunday. It's quite a chore with multiple banks and such.
I have one bank and two cards, but one of the cards is linked to that bank. So it's just two sites and thus I find it easy (plus I have mobile apps to check both sites as well, which are even quicker to log into, though I probably use them a little less than the main sites which have way more data and have all the extra 5% shopping links for my credit card).

bread's done
Back