SIMS 4 Limited Edition PC Digital Download - 24% OFF

harrywilson045

CAG Newbie
Origin: $57.85
Link: https://www.origin.com/en-in/store/buy/sims-4/pc-download/base-game/limited-edition?utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=origin-aff-us-ls-aff&sourceid=Origin_AFF_LS315&c=CAqD7bLWUPI&LSsiteID=CAqD7bLWUPI-aRMzS.ipSb9UXn3pWsyvwQ

Amazon: $59.99
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EFRN2IQ/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00EFRN2IQ&linkCode=as2&tag=knnpl-20&linkId=L5JBSFKTVCWW2ZOZ">The Sims 4 Limited Edition

Direct2play - $46.97 and around $44 after using the code
Link: https://www.direct2play.com/origin-drm/686-sims-4-limited-edition-origin-cdkey.html

Get 5% more off by using this code NSBAGARF

Best Simulation Game Ever! The SIMS 4
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone else confirm that this coupon code works?

I am currently not registered with the site in question but the coupon does appear to work for me. When I have time on a non mobile device ill register, try again, and report back.

I think it is out of stock. Anywhere else have it on sale? It seems like the GMG coupon codes don't work for it either. 

I think it is out of stock. Anywhere else have it on sale? It seems like the GMG coupon codes don't work for it either.
The GMG loyalty voucher for 23% off will work if you received that one. That one says it works for ANY GMG game, but I don't think it was sent to everyone. It is different than the Labor Day one.

Coupon code did not work for me. Also price went up to $48.97. Still better than MSRP. Girlfriend will enjoy this.

How is this game if you have 3 already? Girlfriend wants the game because she likes 3, but I know nothing of the Sims games, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

How is this game if you have 3 already? Girlfriend wants the game because she likes 3, but I know nothing of the Sims games, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I ain't played it - but from what I've been reading around, it ain't pretty.

I've heard a "meh" reactions going from both gamers + critics w/ early impressions of Sims 4 around - namely w/ the game having cut content + features from previous Sims games (no pools, no toddler stage, Create-A-Style was removed; smaller-sized lots; loads times to go to another house even w/in the same lot (when they ain't neighbors); no cars; some jobs are gone (Law Enforcement); and other things...

...I'm probably passing for a quite a while on Sims 4 - unless it's VERY cheap.

More so than anything - this game just sounds like it needs some Expansions + DLC's FAST.

EDIT:

You know something's up, when EA didn't start giving review code of Sims 4 out to critics like IGN until like yesterday. When a game's good and they know it, unless it's a MMO - often, companies will make sure they send out review-code versions of the game a week or so ahead of time.

From someone who owns it and has briefly played it. It's okay. It's really similar to 3, but graphically it does look better (which doesn't really show so well in stills but I feel like it's noticeable in game). There's a some new features like moods and and multitasking but really it's more or less the same with a couple of important points for me.

One being the visuals and that it's easy to just roll a random Sim that looks halfway decent without spending a ton of time with sliders fussing over them or feeling like you need to get mods.

The second point for me is that it runs really smooth and fast and the loading times are quite short. Part of it may just be that it doesn't have a ton of expansions and DLC yet admittedly, but for me even on a high end rig that runs most AAA games on ultra without blinking Sims 3 with all the expansions is just slow as molasses in January going uphill sideways and I get tired of it.

I know it's cool to jump the on the Sims 4 haterade bandwagon right now because the internet but I think it's okay, but just okay. It's not anything revolutionary. You lose some things and gain somethings over the last game but it's a similar experience. Still, I think any Sims fan who isn't blind with rage over their pet feature being removed would enjoy it if they spent some time with it.

I would say I mildly recommend it if you're a huge Sims fan but until they can get some expansions out it's also not a hugely different experience.

From someone who owns it and has briefly played it. It's okay. It's really similar to 3, but graphically it does look better (which doesn't really show so well in stills but I feel like it's noticeable in game). There's a some new features like moods and and multitasking but really it's more or less the same with a couple of important points for me.

One being the visuals and that it's easy to just roll a random Sim that looks halfway decent without spending a ton of time with sliders fussing over them or feeling like you need to get mods.

The second point for me is that it runs really smooth and fast and the loading times are quite short. Part of it may just be that it doesn't have a ton of expansions and DLC yet admittedly, but for me even on a high end rig that runs most AAA games on ultra without blinking Sims 3 with all the expansions is just slow as molasses in January going uphill sideways and I get tired of it.

I know it's cool to jump the on the Sims 4 haterade bandwagon right now because the internet but I think it's okay, but just okay. It's not anything revolutionary. You lose some things and gain somethings over the last game but it's a similar experience. Still, I think any Sims fan who isn't blind with rage over their pet feature being removed would enjoy it if they spent some time with it.

I would say I mildly recommend it if you're a huge Sims fan but until they can get some expansions out it's also not a hugely different experience.
I am still on the fence about it... I picked up my in-store order at BB earlier today but haven't opened it yet. Still kind of bummed about the whole toddler stage missing and that I can't have any pool parties :D. Will probably open it sometime this week and try it out. I haven't really been following the whole Origin discussion, I assume my physical edition has to be registered on Origin and then will also be available to download for me?

There may be actual data on the disc so it may save you some of a download (minus any post release patches) but either way it requires Origin, yes.

The toddlers thing doesn't really bug me but a few other things do. No Create a Style is annoying and the cynic in me says they did that so they could sell you a bunch of recolors of stuff later on down the line. There's no family tree UI which feels odd. It also suffers from that typical first episode syndrome where you are so used to being able to do a ton of stuff from the last game all decked out with expansions that you find out you now can't do.

Although that last point also happened with the release of 2 and 3 so that's just kind of par for the course now that they leave things for expansion.

They essentially cut a lot of content that was already there in sims 3 simply because they will release it as paid dlc down the line, same thing they did with sims 2. I want to buy it, ive been watching people stream it all day on twitch, but it looks like a better looking, feature lacking version of sims 3. 

Id say wait until its cheap and theres some DLC behind it, as its a bit barebones right now. As much as i want to play it right now, i know it will get uninstalled until there is more actual content.

I am still on the fence about it... I picked up my in-store order at BB earlier today but haven't opened it yet. Still kind of bummed about the whole toddler stage missing and that I can't have any pool parties :D. Will probably open it sometime this week and try it out. I haven't really been following the whole Origin discussion, I assume my physical edition has to be registered on Origin and then will also be available to download for me?
Origin is like steam. You buy the physical game really for the cdkey and then the disc becomes useless because you need to open origin to play it first and its added to your account. Ive installed games off the disc after registering it on origin and then origin turned around and automatically downloaded the entire game and installed it again.

And dont worry about your pool parties. Im sure they will sell them to you in a future expansion pack.

bread's done
Back