When does Best Buy start selling cancelled pre-orders?

vickers500

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just curious, as the Destiny launch date approaches, when do they start selling copies of games that were pre-ordered, but later cancelled?  A day before, a week before, the day of?  Anyone have any experience with this?  Or do they just keep the cancelled online pre-orders at whatever store they're at?

I placed a pre-order for the destiny ghost edition, but later decided it would have been a waste of money for me when there are two systems I still really want to buy (vita and xbox one) and a ton of games coming out for those and all the systems I do have.  Unfortunately by the time I decided to cancel, the limited edition for ps4 was already sold out there, so now I have to either pay the extra 20 and buy it from amazon or gamestop (if those are even still in stock by then) or go with the regular edition + buying the inevitable dlc without getting any of the cool extras.

I have gamers club and want that discount, but I don't live in an area that has a best buy, so I probably wouldn't be able to go to a best buy and pick up an extra cancelled one at launch.  So does anyone know if/when there might be a chance to get it there again?

I think you have a week to pick up the preorders   i dont think you can cancel preorders  ( no way to removed them  from system so i think it would be locked up for a week) 

maybe not but im not sure  but i still say  a week, someone could cancel and then say   HEY I NEVER CANCEL and they sold my game the next day  and bitch about it   so i would say  a week 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine that if you weren't able to cancel the order before shipment you could either refuse it when it arrives or return it to a store.

I'm talking about people who ordered online, but were successfully able to cancel their pre-order.

Okay, I don't think I'm making myself clear.

So lets say someone wants to buy Destiny Limited edition online, they can't go to a store because they don't have one near them.  So they go online and place a pre-order to have SHIPPED TO THEIR HOUSE, NOT store pickup.  A few weeks later, this person realizes he doesn't want this version at the time, for whatever reason, and decides to cancel this order successfully online.

Later on, this person realizes they want the limited edition again, but the problem is, they are now sold out at that store.  What happened or WILL happen to that persons cancelled pre-order?  Has it been transferred to someone else?  Will it just be shipped to a store as an extra copy to sell in-store, or will it later appear online near launch at bestbuy.com for pre-order again?  And if it will, when does this usually happen?

Basically I'm wondering if there's any chance at all that I will be able to pre-order the Limited Edition copy of Destiny (ps4 version) online AT BEST BUY?

I'm talking about people who ordered online, but were successfully able to cancel their pre-order.

Okay, I don't think I'm making myself clear.

So lets say someone wants to buy Destiny Limited edition online, they can't go to a store because they don't have one near them. So they go online and place a pre-order to have SHIPPED TO THEIR HOUSE, NOT store pickup. A few weeks later, this person realizes he doesn't want this version at the time, for whatever reason, and decides to cancel this order successfully online.

Later on, this person realizes they want the limited edition again, but the problem is, they are now sold out at that store. What happened or WILL happen to that persons cancelled pre-order? Has it been transferred to someone else? Will it just be shipped to a store as an extra copy to sell in-store, or will it later appear online near launch at bestbuy.com for pre-order again? And if it will, when does this usually happen?

Basically I'm wondering if there's any chance at all that I will be able to pre-order the Limited Edition copy of Destiny (ps4 version) online AT BEST BUY?
Okay if someone orders it online and says I dont want it they have 2 things they can do

Ask for a return label and ship it back (have no clue what happens to the item then)

Return the item in store for a faster return. The store will then just put that item on the shelf

Okay if someone orders it online and says I dont want it they have 2 things they can do

Ask for a return label and ship it back (have no clue what happens to the item then)

Return the item in store for a faster return. The store will then just put that item on the shelf
Hmm, that might be the answer then. I'm not looking to return something, I already know how to do that. I just want to know what happens to ONLINE orders being SHIPPED to someones HOUSE, that was cancelled BEFORE the product launched, before it was actually SHIPPED to the consumer. What happens to those copies?

There are probably people who pre-ordered Destiny Limited Edition online the day it was announced, but as it drew closer to launch, they realized they didn't want it or didn't have enough money for it, so they cancelled their online PRE-order, so at this point, nothing would have been shipped anywhere, and if the original location where these online orders are kept are say, some sort of distribution center, then theoretically, if they ARE kept a a distribution center, they would still be there today, and since Best Buy has been sold out of that item, that means they would have to sell the cancelled order again right? Since someone cancelled it? I'm asking if anyone knows if they re-list that cancelled consumers item back on their online site or if they just ship it to a best buy retail store to sell in the actual store, in person.

Until the item actually arrives at Best Buy's fulfillment centers, orders don't have product associated with it.  If you had a pre-order on Destiny and you canceled it today, the order hasn't shipped out yet since Best Buy hasn't allocated the product to your order.  It just goes out of their number of pre-order allocation and that's it.

The line of "they didn't have the money for it" doesn't apply because you're agreeing to have Best Buy either withdraw the money immediately (Paypal or gift card) or have a repeated rolling authorization on your credit card that takes away available funds for the purchase. 

bread's done
Back