Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

PS4 Infamous Second Son Flash Sale PSN

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:35 AM

Second Son has it's own flash sale at $39.59 right now. Not too bad for people that want to go digital.
bleedingwicked.png

#2 tearsintherain

tearsintherain

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

Its really not worth going digital on this game, you finish in under 20 hours and there isn't much of a reason to do more than 2 or maybe 3 playthroughs - game doesn't change much and its pretty easy at even the hardest setting.  It is definitely a decent game, but not really the kind you are going to say 2 years from now "man, its time to go replay some infamous SS!"

I wish they put out a GOTY disc edition though with SS and the DLC on one disc, i'd buy that in stores and then trade it in when I'm done.

#3 icarusmight

icarusmight

What it do!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

Thanks OP. Though I wish this was around $20 for digital.

#4 vickers500

vickers500

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

Its really not worth going digital on this game, you finish in under 20 hours and there isn't much of a reason to do more than 2 or maybe 3 playthroughs - game doesn't change much and its pretty easy at even the hardest setting.  It is definitely a decent game, but not really the kind you are going to say 2 years from now "man, its time to go replay some infamous SS!"

I wish they put out a GOTY disc edition though with SS and the DLC on one disc, i'd buy that in stores and then trade it in when I'm done.

I'm a huge fan of the first two inFamous games, but even I have to agree with you on Second Son.  The game was clearly rushed to launch, not so much in terms of technical issues, but content.  Way shorter than the first two.

#5 yayowonder

yayowonder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Gamefly has it used for $25.

#6 LonelyBacteria

LonelyBacteria

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:25 AM

Am I the only person who likes this game <_<

#7 Lumas101

Lumas101

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:30 AM

Anyone able to offer a review for First Light? I'm looking for a short but fun game . I've played a bit of Second Son, but not all of it.

#8 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:31 AM

I liked it, but the first two games were far superior. I beat the game twice, got the platinum and that was it, there was obviously nothing else to do. I'd say it's worth $30 or less, but like I said, you'll want to sell it as there's not much to do once it's over.

#9 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

I loved it, can't wait to get started on First Light.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png710791.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Madden 15 & NBA 2K15   :ps4: Evil Within & Sleeping Dogs DE    :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Nada    :3ds: Nada    :vita: Sound Shapes

#10 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

It's an entertaining enough game but I think my price point would have to be $20-25 max due to lack of extra content. 

I mean you can waste time hunting all the drug busts and graffiti art if you wanted.

:3ds: : ---   :psp: : Minecraft

:br: / :dvd:  : Shaun of the Dead/Zombie Land

:pc: : 

:wiiu: : Hyrule Warriors    :xb1: : ---   

:ps4: : Destiny/TLoU/TWD S1/Minecraft

#11 LonelyBacteria

LonelyBacteria

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

I mean you can waste time hunting all the drug busts and graffiti art if you wanted.

Which I'm totally not doing  :-

#12 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

More replayability in First Light because it has the arena score attack mode.  I loved Second Son, but it's more of a play once kind of game.

#13 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

I liked it
Kinda short if you don't do all the side missions but a still a fun ride

Will get first light when it's on sale

#14 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

It's a good game. It's not a great game. I platinumed it in around 12-13 hours.

#15 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

Thanks, but I wiill definitely wait for the $20.00 mark on this one. Just havent heard very good things about this one. Everyone I know that has played it says its definitely the weakest Infamous title to date. 

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#16 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

It's a really good game, but the story was blah. A real technical marvel as well, the best looking game I've played.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#17 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

This game will be one of the first PS4 games to hit the $20 mark.

16Z462z.jpg

#18 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:27 AM

It's a really good game, but the story was blah. A real technical marvel as well, the best looking game I've played.

Really? I thought the graphics were just okay. Killzone looked better but it played like watching paint dry. RYSE looks a lot better as well. Heck, I'll go so far to say Tomb Raider, Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, TLoU Remastered and even Destiny look a lot better.

#19 mastaspy007

mastaspy007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

Price isn't that good and Cole's Legacy is still not for sale on the PSN. :wall:

Cole's Legacy was such a total disappointment. If you go in with any sort of expectations you will be burned. I bought the Limited Edition just for that DLC and it definitely wasn't worth it.

#20 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

Price isn't that good and Cole's Legacy is still not for sale on the PSN.  :wall:

Selling it in my trade thread here on cag.

As far as the deal, I'm still waiting to re-buy a physical copy near the $20 mark around Nov-Dec

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#21 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

no.  the internet is full of squeaky wheels. 

#22 thesuzukimethod

thesuzukimethod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

Really? I thought the graphics were just okay. Killzone looked better but it played like watching paint dry. RYSE looks a lot better as well. Heck, I'll go so far to say Tomb Raider, Battlefield 4, NBA 2K14, TLoU Remastered and even Destiny look a lot better.

i would get your eyes checked.  

TR is an up-rez and it showed.  NBA2K14 looks good, but c'mon.  BF4, LMAO.  TLOU:R and Destiny sure.  

Say what you will about the game, but I:SS was one of the first games where my wife stopped and watched, and was like "wow, this game looks different" (till that point, she basically saw the ps4 as equivalent to the ps3)

#23 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

i would get your eyes checked.  

TR is an up-rez and it showed.  NBA2K14 looks good, but c'mon.  BF4, LMAO.  TLOU:R and Destiny sure.  

Say what you will about the game, but I:SS was one of the first games where my wife stopped and watched, and was like "wow, this game looks different" (till that point, she basically saw the ps4 as equivalent to the ps3)

I liked the game, but everytime you'd get a new power and it showed him doing his O face thingy, the screen would go near black. It did that on the Vita I had as well as my 55" Bravia. I didn't think the graphics were bad at all, but nowhere NEAR the best. And yeah, I guess it was better than BF4.

#24 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

Probably, but price rarely reflects game value, it's more often a result of pricing strategy from the publisher and how well it can monetize at a bargin price.

#25 cannon

cannon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

It's a meh game. Another accidental B-movie. The franchise just lives in the shadow of Uncharted forever. Wasn't even worth a second playthrough for me.

#26 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

PS4 games have already reached the $20 mark

Posted Image

#27 whodoneit

whodoneit

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

The only console games out now that are on the same level graphically as SS are KZ & Ryse. Looking at the rest of your suggestions I also agree that you shoud get your eyes checked. 

#28 elcucuy707

elcucuy707

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

Was going to jump on this since the only game I have on my ps4 is metal gear and I've been wanting to get this and/or watchdogs but everyone keeps saying how bad they both are. Guess my ps4 will still be used watching movies.

#29 elcucuy707

elcucuy707

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Was going to jump on this since the only game I have on my ps4 is metal gear and I've been wanting to get this and/or watchdogs but everyone keeps saying how bad they both are. Guess my ps4 will still be used watching movies.

#30 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

SS isn't a bad game by any means; it's just much shorter than the first two. If ~12-20 hours of gameplay for two playthroughs is worth $40 to you, go for it.