Nintendo Wii U 32GB Console Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle $299.99 @ Best Buy

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
SWe3Mj6.jpg

Nintendo - Wii U 32GB Console Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land Bundle - Black

$299.99 9/15/14 release date

At this point, is there any reason to buy any console before the holiday? Black Friday is 3 months out.
To sum up what others have said, if anyone took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promo like I did (I got 2 games, some got all 4), the code to actually redeem the game to your system expires at the end of this month I believe. Since my other codes I had never expired before in the past, this was surprising to me. So unfortunately, I couldn't wait and that's one reason I bought the console. Also going deluxe would grant $5 times however many games you got in eshop credit as well.

And of course, you get to play some exclusive games earlier like Hyrule Warriors which I'm actually looking forward to..

But otherwise if you didn't do the promos and don't care to play the games now, there really is no point.if you're a backlog gamer like many CAGs are.

I would love a Wii U now but not going anywhere over $200 and want a Deluxe Edition. The Nintendo Store refurb is a great deal but I want to spent my Walmart credit before I do anything.

To sum up what others have said, if anyone took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promo like I did (I got 2 games, some got all 4), the code to actually redeem the game to your system expires at the end of this month I believe. Since my other codes I had never expired before in the past, this was surprising to me. So unfortunately, I couldn't wait and that's one reason I bought the console. Also going deluxe would grant $5 times however many games you got in eshop credit as well.

And of course, you get to play some exclusive games earlier like Hyrule Warriors which I'm actually looking forward to..

But otherwise if you didn't do the promos and don't care to play the games now, there really is no point.if you're a backlog gamer like many CAGs are.
Same here. I've got 4 game codes that need to be used. I'll probably wait for this bundle and use my gamestop points for a discount.

I don't see why any gamer would not already have a Wii U. I own all the consoles new and old (minus xbox one) and have thought of selling everything and just keeping the Wii U because I've had far more fun with it. I feel as if it's the only console that has stuck to the roots of gaming and while I like my PS4 I'm disappointed in the lack of any new ratchet and clank or jak and daxter style games just seems like everything is focused on shoot kill shoot kill with no feel of accomplishment, repetitive unimaginative depressing games seems to be the trend at the moment with these new consoles. I like a mixture of those games as well but just too much of it and nintendo seems to be the only way to balance it out. This has to be getting old to gamers with only a PS4 or Xbox One and I expect nintendo to once again be on top this console gen when these people realize the Wii U is the most underrated gaming machine ever to exist.

I don't see why any gamer would not already have a Wii U. I own all the consoles new and old (minus xbox one) and have thought of selling everything and just keeping the Wii U because I've had far more fun with it. I feel as if it's the only console that has stuck to the roots of gaming and while I like my PS4 I'm disappointed in the lack of any new ratchet and clank or jak and daxter style games just seems like everything is focused on shoot kill shoot kill with no feel of accomplishment, repetitive unimaginative depressing games seems to be the trend at the moment with these new consoles. I like a mixture of those games as well but just too much of it and nintendo seems to be the only way to balance it out. This has to be getting old to gamers with only a PS4 or Xbox One and I expect nintendo to once again be on top this console gen when these people realize the Wii U is the most underrated gaming machine ever to exist.
And currently waiting for Sly 5, R&C, and a Playstation-exclusive Ace Combat that's not an F2P model. Any of these Sony and I just might pick up a PS4 this X-mas.

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered a refurb about 3 months ago and it came brand new, dunno if its still true but the ones from a few months ago were basically unsold returned inventory that nintendo wanted to keep on the down low

even the CN reg code for the included game (nintendoland) worked

I feel exactly the opposite; I don't know why anyone would actually buy a Wii U at all. All of Nintendo's recent products have featured weak, feature-lacking hardware with a gimmick thrown in to try to elicit sales, and the Wii U is yet another such product (after the Wii and 3DS). The tablet-wannabe gimmick is very unappealing and awkward, the console lacks even the most basic of features like an ethernet port and an internal HDD, the specs are very weak, the gamepad range and battery life are poor, and the first party games are mostly rehashes of typical Nintendo IPs. 3rd party support is virtually dead, DRM is awful (Nintendo clearly doesn't trust its customers at all), and entire genres of games are just missing.

Had Nintendo actually focused on designing a solid, well thought out console and skipped the gimmicks this time, they would have done a lot better, but I think they felt that after their huge succes on the Wii, they could get away with anything. Sadly for them, it didn't work this time.

All you guys asking for a $199 price point: You are aware of Nintendo's refurbished units, right?
Good point. The price is not the issue with the Wii U because the PS4 and Xbox one are selling at $100 over and not only without the best controller ever conceived (the gamepad) but without great games bundled in for free (Mario 3d world is a masterpiece of gaming and art, programming perfection). With Nintendo it's just an image thing is all and kids today seem to be willing to sacrifice a fun imaginative challenging rewarding gaming experience in fear of appearing too much like a kid, lol. Too few think for themselves and want to follow the violent cultural trend we seem to be stuck in today. Reward nintendo for providing us with these great experiences and hop on the wii u train, trust me you won't be sorry.

I gotta admit, that gamepad needs to charge every single time I even play the thing. Depending on what game you play, I wouldn't completely pass the pad off as 100% gimmick though. Several Wii U-exclusive games seem to put it to good use from my experience (Lego City, W101, Sonic LW, etc.). It is only an opinion based on what the extra controls the pad offers so don't mind me too much. And I agree with PS2Emotions...I'm tired of shooters; let's make some old adventure games again (too bad there will never be a Monkey Island sequel with LucasArts dead *sob*). 

I honestly wish I saw the Nintendo Refurb. prices before I went to Target to use that Cartwheel deal on it...I thought it was good...

I feel exactly the opposite; I don't know why anyone would actually buy a Wii U at all. All of Nintendo's recent products have featured weak, feature-lacking hardware with a gimmick thrown in to try to elicit sales, and the Wii U is yet another such product (after the Wii and 3DS). The tablet-wannabe gimmick is very unappealing and awkward, the console lacks even the most basic of features like an ethernet port and an internal HDD, the specs are very weak, the gamepad range and battery life are poor, and the first party games are mostly rehashes of typical Nintendo IPs. 3rd party support is virtually dead, DRM is awful (Nintendo clearly doesn't trust its customers at all), and entire genres of games are just missing.

Had Nintendo actually focused on designing a solid, well thought out console and skipped the gimmicks this time, they would have done a lot better, but I think they felt that after their huge succes on the Wii, they could get away with anything. Sadly for them, it didn't work this time.
Because people enjoy good games and Wii U currently has a lot of really great games you can't get anywhere else.

But, you are a well know Nintendo Hater and nothing they ever do will make you happy so this post was just pointless to respond to I suppose.

I see where you are coming from too. I never was a big fan of the wii remote it just turned me off completely and it proved very successful for them. With the Wii U I think they've really offered the best of both worlds with the gamepad and miiverse and the pro controller. When I first saw the gamepad I didn't know how I would like it since I really liked the gamecube controller but it has proved to work with any type of game I've played so far as good if not better than the traditional controllers. I think had nintendo focused on making a more traditional system like the gamecube with a hard drive built in and trophy/achievement system with in game chat options they could have done far better sooner. The money spent on developing the gamepad and putting it in the box no doubt came at the cost of a HDD and more powerful hardware but I think this pathway will prove good for gaming in the long run. Power is not even an issue with me because I'm more than happy with the beautiful graphics on mario kart 8 and mario 3d world actually prettier than anything I've seen on PS4 yet. Nintendo could have released a $199.99 console with a 120gb hard drive and pro controller and sold millions of more units no question in my mind.

I guess it's just a matter of opinion.

The Wii U hardware is solid. The Gamepad works great, and the off-TV play works much better than remote play on the PSP or Vita has ever worked for me.

An ethernet port can be added via a USB adapter for less than $10. I would imagine most customers are using Wi-Fi these days as opposed to Ethernet, so this isn't really a big deal. The internal storage can be supplemented easily and quickly with most off-the-shelf external hard drives.

The Gamepad range is understandable due to the nature of the technology, as it's trying to have a lag-free experience, and it absolutely succeeds from what I can tell.

The battery life is short because of Nintendo's strict weight policies, but they do sell an extended battery that doubles the life of the Gamepad. (Personally the stock battery has been fine for me, as I don't really play games more than 2 or 3 hours at a time anymore.)

Nintendo still makes some of the best games in the industry, frankly, and I couldn't imagine a world without them.

But I'm not here to try to change your mind, I'm just here to offer my opinion on the matter.

I gotta admit, that gamepad needs to charge every single time I even play the thing.
You own the charging cradle, no? If not, pick one up, they're dirt cheap.

Every time you're done playing the Wii U, drop it in the cradle. That way the battery is topped off and ready to go on your next play session.

Nintendo could have released a $199.99 console with a 120gb hard drive and pro controller and sold millions of more units no question in my mind.
Say, you don't need proprietary HDDs like Microsoft with the Wii U do you? I have seen 320GB HDDs from PDP...

An ethernet port can be added via a USB adapter for less than $10. I would imagine most customers are using Wi-Fi these days as opposed to Ethernet, so this isn't really a big deal. The internal storage can be supplemented easily and quickly with most off-the-shelf external hard drives.
I've stuck custom firmware into older Wireless N routers to make them receivers. It's often faster than the built-in Wi-Fi on the 360 and the fat PS3. Not sure about the slims. So far the Wii U's built-in Wi-Fi's been pretty solid so far with my network so I didn't see the need to buy a USB adapter.

You own the charging cradle, no? If not, pick one up, they're dirt cheap.

Every time you're done playing the Wii U, drop it in the cradle. That way the battery is topped off and ready to go on your next play session.
A cradle came with my console so yeah I can charge the thing easily. I just need to stop bad habits, lol.

I'm less likely to buy a Wii U since the announcement of the "New Nintendo 3DS." The last Nintendo console I bought was the 64. Since then, I've only bought Nintendo handhelds. Wanted a Wii U for mario kart and smash but 3DS fragmentation means that I'll eventually allocate my Nintendo money on the new 3ds instead. Nintendo seems rudderless at this point. I hope their next "fusion" handheld project makes for a powerful successor. If there is a crazy sale and bundle, it's possible that I could also get a wii u.

The only game systems I even own anymore are the 3DS and the Wii U.

My 360 is more or less mothballed, I don't own a PS3, and I have no interest in the PS4, Xbox One, and PC gaming.

Nintendo has been consistent enough with releases on both platforms that I have more games than I have time to play 'em.

ah geez, another 3DS that it's games won't be BC.  Bought a bunch of special editions this gen, will have to stop unless there are must play games on the new 3DS....hope that doesn't occur....so annoying.  I still have my DSL to play my SP games.

The only game systems I even own anymore are the 3DS and the Wii U.

My 360 is more or less mothballed, I don't own a PS3, and I have no interest in the PS4, Xbox One, and PC gaming.

Nintendo has been consistent enough with releases on both platforms that I have more games than I have time to play 'em.
Wii-u but no PC or other platforms? Impossibru. Just missing too much.

ah geez, another 3DS that it's games won't be BC. Bought a bunch of special editions this gen, will have to stop unless there are must play games on the new 3DS....hope that doesn't occur....so annoying. I still have my DSL to play my SP games.
Wait, when did this thread become about the New Nintendo 3DS?

Say, you don't need proprietary HDDs like Microsoft with the Wii U do you? I have seen 320GB HDDs from PDP...

I've stuck custom firmware into older Wireless N routers to make them receivers. It's often faster than the built-in Wi-Fi on the 360 and the fat PS3. Not sure about the slims. So far the Wii U's built-in Wi-Fi's been pretty solid so far with my network so I didn't see the need to buy a USB adapter.

A cradle came with my console so yeah I can charge the thing easily. I just need to stop bad habits, lol.
Exactly, all excellent points. With Wii U nintendo really gave everyone options and it has vastly improved since launch with each update.

bread's done
Back