Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

$50 XBOX gift card when you buy an XBOX One (Valid 9/5-9/15)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 clatu6

clatu6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

$50 XBOX gift card when you buy and XBOX One (Valid 9/5-9/15)

Saw this...

"In Celebration of Minecraft on Xbox One, Microsoft Stores will offer a $50 Xbox Gift Card with any Xbox One console purchase (Valid 9/5-9/15)"

Here...

http://playxbla.com/...ng-this-friday/

#2 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Seems like its their way of doing buy a console get a game free

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#3 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

I wonder if this can stack with the $100 giftcard for trading in a PS3 or 360? That would tie the Gamestop PS4 trade in deal.

#4 ZeroNightmare

ZeroNightmare

Scumbag Cag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

Wonder if you can buy it, redeem code than return it

#5 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:19 PM

I hope you aren't serious.

644690.png

#6 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'm also curious if this stacks with the trade in program. Might trade in the my original 360 elitle towards a XB1.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#7 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:26 AM

Go for it bro that what i did with the Titanfall bundle. Got the games code then returned the Xbox One!!! Game wasn't really even worth all the trouble though.

#8 ZeroNightmare

ZeroNightmare

Scumbag Cag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

Go for it bro that what i did with the Titanfall bundle. Got the games code then returned the Xbox One!!! Game wasn't really even worth all the trouble though.

Lies, game code came inside the bundle.

#9 edstaya

edstaya

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:02 AM

I don't understand, can I buy any Xbox One from anywhere? That would be a pretty good deal for me.

#10 x360x

x360x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

I don't understand, can I buy any Xbox One from anywhere? That would be a pretty good deal for me.

It says Microsoft stores

#11 edstaya

edstaya

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

It says Microsoft stores

Ah, okay. I misread the OP. Thanks.

#12 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:39 AM

This won't work with the Sunset overdrive bundle will it?

Mattblazing78.png?5614

#13 cannon

cannon

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

The code was in the bundle. You didn't seriously take a valuable piece of a bundle out and return it for full refund, did you?

#14 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

The code was in the bundle. You didn't seriously take a valuable piece of a bundle out and return it for full refund, did you?

There is a difference between cheapassgamer and crookedassgamer.

Mattblazing78.png?5614

#15 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:03 AM

There is a difference between cheapassgamer and crookedassgamer.

well, i know at target they take back ANYTHING within the 30 day limit.as long as you have the receipt and original box.so, im sure people scam target like this all the time 

#16 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

Lies, game code came inside the bundle.

Yes i know i opened up the bundle to get the code duh... Why would i be lying dummie?

Yes i did..... So what? I returned it like two day later at BestBuy told them i wasn't happy with the purchase and didn't like the console and wanted a refund. 

#17 cannon

cannon

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

Yes i know i opened up the bundle to get the code duh... Why would i be lying dummie?

Yes i did..... So what? I returned it like two day later at BestBuy told them i wasn't happy with the purchase and didn't like the console and wanted a refund. 

But you left out the detail about taking a valuable item for keeps? "So what?" So unethical. Same thing as slipping discs out of game cases and bundles and then returning it. It's stealing.

#18 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:48 AM

The future of 'merica.

#19 wreckemtexastech

wreckemtexastech

Red Raidin' CAGer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:56 AM

But you left out the detail about taking a valuable item for keeps? "So what?" So unethical. Same thing as slipping discs out of game cases and bundles and then returning it. It's stealing.

Look at his profile pic for christ's sake. do you think he cares? he looks like pathetic white trash. Even if its not HIM himself, who does that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 ZeroNightmare

ZeroNightmare

Scumbag Cag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:21 AM

Look at his profile pic for christ's sake. do you think he cares? he looks like pathetic white trash. Even if its not HIM himself, who does that.

I thought I was a scumbag but this dude takes the cake. He's a true CheapAss

#21 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

How is it stealing when its free? Doesn't matter if i returned it or not its FREE!!!!

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

Jesus we need mods to start banning people. Shit is getting ridiculous around here with stupidity and/or trolling.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#23 cannon

cannon

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

How is it stealing when its free? Doesn't matter if i returned it or not its FREE!!!!

Brb gonna go get an Xbox One + Kinect bundle and return it without the Kinect because it was free probably

#24 guessed

guessed

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Brb gonna go get an Xbox One + Kinect bundle and return it without the Kinect because it was free probably

Exactly, it isn't free, it is included with purchase. If you return the purchase, you should return the items that came with it. It gets a little mushy with digital items that you can't return once redeemed, though. If you buy the console with the intention of keeping it, redeem the download, then decide that you don't want to keep the console, that is one thing - if you buy it with the intention of redeeming the download and returning the console, that is something else.

Also, according to the link, the $50 GC is specific to Microsoft stores. If that is the case, can the OP or a mod update the title. If it turns out to be multiple retailers (sometimes these things start out just listing one, but end up being pretty widespread), you can change it back.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#25 Verve

Verve

I got CAG4Lyfe tattooed on my chest!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

Major Nelson also posted on his blog that Sep. 7 through the 13 that you would get a free retail disc game upto 59.99 in value at participating retailers... I am willing to bet the Microsoft Store is one of them ;)

EDIT: With the purchase of an Xbox One console, Titanfall Bundle, etc... Included. Not valid toward preorders though

Posted Image

#26 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

It's no different than shoplifting. You're just doing it in a sneakier way. I hope you never have to raise kids. Jesus.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

#27 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Deer lawd, hope you are trolling. Parents must be proud either way...

#28 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Exactly, it isn't free, it is included with purchase. If you return the purchase, you should return the items that came with it. It gets a little mushy with digital items that you can't return once redeemed, though. If you buy the console with the intention of keeping it, redeem the download, then decide that you don't want to keep the console, that is one thing - if you buy it with the intention of redeeming the download and returning the console, that is something else.

Also, according to the link, the $50 GC is specific to Microsoft stores. If that is the case, can the OP or a mod update the title. If it turns out to be multiple retailers (sometimes these things start out just listing one, but end up being pretty widespread), you can change it back.

Lots of people view "gamers" as the dregs of society, that guy gives them exhibit a.

#29 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:19 PM

If this stacks with the free game offer from Microsoftstore's it seems like it would be a very good time to buy an Xbox One.

Get the Madden or Forza 5 bundle for $400/$500 and you can then get a free game and a $50 Xbox Card. Would end up making the systems roughly $300/$400 after you value the items and you'll also have the Madden/Forza code you can sell.

663892.png?17663317

#30 Jeff Stephen

Jeff Stephen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

Had a friend out in KC try this at the Microsoft store not too long ago and the store manager wasn't aware of the $50 GC.
Traded in his PS3 and is holding off till Tuesday for a free game.
BTW he was told the $50 GC is not through the MS store.