[DEAD] Xbox One with Kinect + 12 month XBL card $499 (w/$75 Rakuten points back)

SangesTheLurker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This morning only (9/4) Rakuten.com -- formerly Buy.com -- is running a promo to get back 15% in their rewards points until 11:59AM PST.

[attachment=7870:image.jpg]

So the Kinect 2.0 package price isn't phenomenal at $499 since it's MSRP, but you're saving $35-45 with the 12 month XBL card and getting another $75 to throw around on the site in Reward money.

Tax in some states. I paid $540 total after tax in NY.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/xbox-one-with-kinect-xbox-live-12-month-gold-membership/270197658.html?sku=270197658

[attachment=7871:image.jpg]

PS. I noticed ebates also offers cash back on Rakuten, I signed up to shop through them but I doubt it will be valid since I noticed in the fineprint it mentions the ebates cash back is minus any reward points you're already receiving but I figured it can't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that any points on promotional deals expire after 60 days. Well, I wanted to get the master chief collection and I see no way to pre order on this site and the chief doesn't come out until after 60 days from now. There is no chat option with them to see if an exception can be made. Such a shame, as I was tempted to pull the trigger

Has to be on of the worst console deals on here. No offense OP but you can buy 12 months from people on here for like $40. Should've went to bestbuy and get a free game etc,

Has to be on of the worst console deals on here. No offense OP but you can buy 12 months from people on here for like $40. Should've went to bestbuy and get a free game etc,
You don't read a lot, do you...? Why are you telling me that I could've gotten a year of XBL for $35 when I included that as the value right there in the OP.

I already did half of the math right in the OP, but let's do the rest for the sake of it:

$500 MSRP for the Kinect package
---
Bonus $75 in Reward points I can spend any way I want to on their site (including a game or two of my choice if so wanted)
+
12 Month Xbox Live Card, which I already valued at $35-$40 in the OP
-------
= $105-$115 in savings off MSRP

Or... I could've gotten the Target or Best Buy sales where they were offering the Kinectless system then paid $150 for the Kinect and gotten a game that I would personally value around $30 for--at best (I wouldn't get much more for trading in an FPS or a sports game that fanatics everywhere already purchased).

The next closest deal to my tastes was the Dell deal a month ago which was to buy the Kinect package at MSRP and get $100 in Dell cash which, frankly, who wants to be handcuffed into spending more money with them. Especially since Rakuten sells all sorts of things, not just electronics.

bread's done
Back