Joan Rivers, Trailblazing Comic, Red Carpet Fixture, Dead at 81

R.I.P. Ms Rivers

You did more than your share of preparing the way ahead for a successful future for women all over the world.

She lived a nice long life, though I thought she would live a bit longer. I know she was recently in the hospital, but had no idea it was that bad. RIP. 

I am just shocked by this, and saddened. She is worthy of great respect, even if her cosmetic choices were subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that people spent that last decade ridiculing and making fun of her but soon as she dies everyone lines to give up some lame knee-jerk response about how wonderful she was. Course we do that with all celebs we despise because in life we get on the bandwagon of disdain because its what everyone does but in death we all shed hollow tears as if we had a real personal relationship with that person and praise them. Its kind of fucked up.

Ill stand by my convictions of I didnt like her in life or death. Carol brunette is a far more deserving female comedian but no one pays attention because she didnt have a shit load of plastic surgery, wasnt controversial, wasnt a laughing stock and never made a spectacle of herself just for the attention because she wasnt relevant for the past 30 years.

Ill give rivers credit though for doing things her way despite everything.

Mr. Hat just hates everything. I personally was never a fan of Joan Rivers- quite the opposite- but what purpose does it serve to make a post like that? It's not like she was some evil dictator whose death should be celebrated. Just because she was annoying doesn't mean the circumstances of her death aren't sad.

Mr. Hat just hates everything. I personally was never a fan of Joan Rivers- quite the opposite- but what purpose does it serve to make a post like that? It's not like she was some evil dictator whose death should be celebrated. Just because she was annoying doesn't mean the circumstances of her death aren't sad.
you realize it's Gargus right?

The name sounds vaguely familiar, but has no significance to me. I've just seen the guy under the Mr. Hat name doing this in every thread.

Funny that people spent that last decade ridiculing and making fun of her but soon as she dies everyone lines to give up some lame knee-jerk response about how wonderful she was. Course we do that with all celebs we despise because in life we get on the bandwagon of disdain because its what everyone does but in death we all shed hollow tears as if we had a real personal relationship with that person and praise them. Its kind of fucked up.

Ill stand by my convictions of I didnt like her in life or death. Carol brunette is a far more deseorving female comedian but no one pays attention because she didnt have a shit load of plastic surgery, wasnt controversial, wasnt a laughing stock and never made a spectacle of herself just for the attention because she wasnt relevant for the past 30 years.

Ill give rivers credit though for doing things her way despite everything.
Tell me this is a joke. I'll have to check but I believe you were the same clown trolling the Robin Williams thread with the same vitriol. Give it a rest. If you're so bothered by the "spectacle" of public mourning, simply ignore it.

Edit: yep, that was you.

The name sounds vaguely familiar, but has no significance to me. I've just seen the guy under the Mr. Hat name doing this in every thread.
Well in short, Gargus/mr hat hates celebs (especially dead ones) and deals that he deems to not be a deal. If you posted Stadium Events at Msrp, he'd bitch about that.

I am not even exaggerating.

Yeah, I have definitely seen all that from Mr. Hat. I just don't directly remember the Gargus name. Seems like every time the Destiny limited editions or WWE 2K15 Hulkamania Editions are listed as available somewhere and it's posted on CAG, that guy is quick to reply. I also posted in the Robin Williams thread.

bread's done
Back