Combine XBOX ONE Promo Trade-in $100, Free Game, $50 Dollar Credit ending 9/13/14

perfectnobody

CAGiversary!
Hello Everyone, (creating new thread for visibility, as i want everyone in the same situation to take advantage) if the moderators think the duplication is not necessary, please delete)

I just got the best deal ever, imo

i got the the following at $327.00 (tax included) at the Microsoft Store

Xbox one Madden Bundle - $399

Free game of choice - $49-$59 depending on what you choose ( i chose Forza 5)

Xbox Charger Kit - $24.99

$50 gift card

I did this by trading in

PS3 Fat 60GB model - $100 credit

3 PS3 games - $26 (GT6, $23 & change, GT5, $1 & change, MGS4, $0.50) trade in value may vary but you might get more credit if you have more games, I didn't really know they did trade'ins so i didnt take many games.

I had initially called and was told they couldnt combime the 2 promo's

$50 gift card and free game

but when I went i spoke with the store clerk about it and he said he would try it and see if the system will allow it to go through, and to both our surprise it did

This is a GREAT deal for anyone on the fence with an older system because you get $100 credit on your console (Since I had the original PS3, the most of i have receive would be about $50 bucks,but the  guy said because of the promo, they were giving away $100 credit), you also get a free game of your choosing (i dont play that much games and I am mostly into racing thus Forza, I would have put it to Forza Horizon, but that comes out after the promo ends), you also get $50 credit (which i will either put to Forza Horizon, or renew my Xboxlive subscription, but point is you can use that for in store or marketplace). Lastly, I get a free madden code which I could play, or probably sell on ebay for like another extra 20-40 bucks, thats extra cash I can use for something else.

I have been patienly waiting all year for the best time to get an Xbox one, and I think I got the best deal yet, what do you guys think.

I'd encourage anyone in a similar position to get it whiles the getting is good, the double promo overlap ends Sept 13th

I got the idea about this from this article

http://www.examiner....bly-even-hotter

I have attached a pic of the receipt. The total comes to 327 at the end, but it's a little cut off in the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive the PS3 trade after I send it? I'm wondering if they'd get it before this deal ends. I don't have a store near me.

I'll ask here if the $100 trade-in can be applied to pre-ordered consoles? 

The fine print says but nothing about pre-orders:

"*Valid 7/14/2014 until 12/31/2014, or while supplies last. To be eligible for trade-in, product must power on and be in fully functional, working condition without broken/missing components, cracked display/housing, liquid damage, modification(s) or have device warranty seal broken to be considered working. Cannot be password protected, and include original chargers/accessories. To receive a $100 redemption code towards the purchase of an Xbox One, you must trade-in a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 console. Any appraised value will be determined at trade-in and provided as a redemption code Valid online only. Subject to Microsoft’s discretion and approval. All trade-ins are final. Recycle for Rewards program provided by CExchange, LLC., and other terms and conditions may apply. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Combinable with select Xbox One and Xbox Live offers. Discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Limit 1 trade-in per customer."

pretty good combo but imo the Best Buy deal is better this week.  You don't get the $50 gc, but you can apply the postal service movers coupon for 10% off and best of all you get a free 2 years GCU membership, which normally sells for $120.  everyone is giving out a free game of your choice this week so that part of the deal is universal.

GCU gives you 20% off all games at Best Buy, and lets you constantly buy new games, play them, and trade them back in for just a few bucks out of pocket (buy at $48 trade back at $40 many games come with $10 preorder bonus too making it $-2) 

If you have a ton of microsoft store credit though from the last trade in this deal is better

I like my (used) Xbox One for 250 from Cowboom. I'll sell that Kinect and BOOM! I got a Xbox One for less than 200 bucks! Oh yeah!

If I were waiting that long I could just buy one full price lol
tbh, wasnt really paying attention to the console market, just saw an opportunity and took it, and this suits me perfectly for my playing style, very casual gamer, playing once in a blue moon, so didn't make sense to purchase full price ;)

Can I trade in two xbox 360's for 100 each towards an Xbox One? Or will the promo only apply to one of them...?
you can always ask them at the store, or give them a call, actually dont call, cus thats what I did and the guy told me you couldnt combine the promo's, so i went to the store and the guy said he'd give it a try and it worked. (this is in ref to combining the free game and $50 gift card)

I like my (used) Xbox One for 250 from Cowboom. I'll sell that Kinect and BOOM! I got a Xbox One for less than 200 bucks! Oh yeah!
lol,

i think if i were to sell the free game for $50, plus the madden code for $50, and the gift card is cash money imo, another $50, i am looking at $150.

so my xbox one is 299 (399-100 trade-in) minus the 150, i am looking at around $149.99 KABOOM, Brand NEW!!!! if we are only comparing console to console only. I think i might have you beat there buddy...lol

this is all hypothetical btw, but someone might be crazy enuf to pull it off.

lol,

i think if i were to sell the free game for $50, plus the madden code for $50, and the gift card is cash money imo, another $50, i am looking at $150.

so my xbox one is 299 (399-100 trade-in) minus the 150, i am looking at around $149.99 KABOOM, Brand NEW!!!! if we are only comparing console to console only. I think i might have you beat there buddy...lol

this is all hypothetical btw, but someone might be crazy enuf to pull it off.
Yeah, that Forza game is rare, it'll surely go for $50...possibly even $60-$70 on Craigslist. Madden codes have been going like crazy there too.

Then of course the PS3 you must've gotten yours for free like I did when Target had that buy none get one free PS3 cartwheel deal...that's an easy $100 there.

Lucky for me though I bought 800 copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 at launch so I traded those in...KABOOM...free Xbox One for me.

Yeah, that Forza game is rare, it'll surely go for $50...possibly even $60-$70 on Craigslist. Madden codes have been going like crazy there too.

Then of course the PS3 you must've gotten yours for free like I did when Target had that buy none get one free PS3 cartwheel deal...that's an easy $100 there.

Lucky for me though I bought 800 copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 at launch so I traded those in...KABOOM...free Xbox One for me.
hahaha

you dont have to get Forza, I got Forza cus i like racing games.

but seriously though, you saw that deal at Target??? thought it was only me

you actually need 805 copies of MGS to pull that off, so you are a little short there buddy.

THANK YOU for posting this in a new thread, the current deal thread is a sprawling disaster of venom and idiocy. This is the exact question I would have asked in that thread, and you managed to succeed in your attempt in a NJ store as well!

I'll be stopping by the Bridgewater Commons store at lunch tomorrow to attempt the same myself. Fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you were!

I didn't know where to post this but it deals with my local Microsoft Store at the Ross Park Mall in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.

They had about 4-5 people show up for their midnight launch party for Destiny. They gave each one of us a swag bag which included 2 t-shirts a Destiny Braclet, Destiny pister and whatever leftover Madden swag they had left. They also planned on having six drawings for 12 month XBL cards but since the turnout was so low they just gave us each one. They had free pizzas and sodas and 3-4 tvs set up with different games set up on each if them.

The only thing that sucked was there was a father with his two early teenage boys there the whole time and they won the one thing they did raffle off which was some really nice Turtle Beach Headsets. Right after they won and the super nice CSR from the kiosk gave each of them one of the free live cards they left and didn't even have the game on preorder there.

[quote name="ajh2298" post="12078917" timestamp="1410266363"]I didn't know where to post this but it deals with my local Microsoft Store at the Ross Park Mall in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.

They had about 4-5 people show up for their midnight launch party for Destiny. They gave each one of us a swag bag which included 2 t-shirts a Destiny Braclet, Destiny pister and whatever leftover Madden swag they had left. They also planned on having six drawings for 12 month XBL cards but since the turnout was so low they just gave us each one. They had free pizzas and sodas and 3-4 tvs set up with different games set up on each if them.

The only thing that sucked was there was a father with his two early teenage boys there the whole time and they won the one thing they did raffle off which was some really nice Turtle Beach Headsets. Right after they won and the super nice CSR from the kiosk gave each of them one of the free live cards they left and didn't even have the game on preorder there.[/quote]destiny is not nearly as big as people expected

destiny is not nearly as big as people expected
That and it's only a kiosk at the mall that hasn't been there too long. I think the girl said they had 11 preorders for the xb1 version and 2 for the 360. I am sure if and when they do this for COD and Halo MCC they will have a bigger crowd. But I also think they should only let people there who preorder or plan on buying the game. Or at least make those the only people eligible for the giveaways.

THANK YOU for posting this in a new thread, the current deal thread is a sprawling disaster of venom and idiocy. This is the exact question I would have asked in that thread, and you managed to succeed in your attempt in a NJ store as well!

I'll be stopping by the Bridgewater Commons store at lunch tomorrow to attempt the same myself. Fingers crossed I'm as lucky as you were!
Please report back. That is the closest store to me. That gamestop is a PITA.

Please report back. That is the closest store to me. That gamestop is a PITA.
Success! Just left around quarter to 1, was able to get Madden bundle + $50 GC + Free game. Traded in my 360 E 4 GB for $100, had $150 in GCs from the $10 game trade-in. Total out of pocket was a shade under $180 with tax.

Thanks again OP!

If I'm reading this right, you didn't really get all that for $327.00. You got all that for $327.00 + a 60GB PS3 with some games, which isn't exactly a small item.

Not to say that this isn't still a good deal if you are in the market for an XBox One, but depending on what last gen system you have for trade-in, it might already be worth around $100 or more.

Does anyone know if the $100 coupon is offered immediately after registering an online trade-in?

The site offers mail-in trades, and I need the code immediately, not after shipping and evaluation of the trade-in.

bread's done
Back