Happy 15th Birthday Dreamcast! 09 09 2014

Anyone have a VGA box for their Dreamcast? I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it and I want to hear what someone who has one has to say.

I think it makes a pretty big difference for the games that support it (which is most of them, if I recall)

Anyone have a VGA box for their Dreamcast? I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if it's worth it and I want to hear what someone who has one has to say.
They are fantastic and provide a noticeable difference. I would recommend it if you find one cheap.

Some are better than others. The HTK-8100 is good but a bit high priced. I've tried the Performance and Blaze as well.

There are quite a few cheaper types out there but I would try before you buy if possible.

I'm glad some still remember the Anniversary! After 15 years you would think my collection would be complete but I still need a few more consoles! Hopefully I can start to share the collection in video form next year.

Some are better than others. The HTK-8100 is good but a bit high priced. I've tried the Performance and Blaze as well.

There are quite a few cheaper types out there but I would try before you buy if possible.

I'm glad some still remember the Anniversary! After 15 years you would think my collection would be complete but I still need a few more consoles! Hopefully I can start to share the collection in video form next year.
The official Sega one is insanely expensive ($130-160) and I'm not going to be able to buy one unless if I get insanely lucky and find one in the wild somewhere. There are two that are currently in production (by Retrobit and Tomee) and I was thinking about getting the Retrobit one ($30) since it has a similar design to the official VGA box.

51TV0jT7%2B4L.jpg

I just walked into a TRU and picked it up launch day. Got the launch shirt. They had a big table set up but no line. Of course, then you had to deal with the bad batch of GD rom disks - ugh.

I imported a Japanese system a few months before the famed 9/9/99. Then I modded it to play American games. I still remember putting in Sonic Adventure and watching my friends reaction at the graphics. It was a huge step up from the 32-bit era.

bread's done
Back