Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z PS3/360 $9.99 @ Gamestop (Price Drop)

Not sure if want but I know this won't get remaster right KOEI Tecmo? lol.

BTW there's a limited version that comes with a soundtrack, DLC voucher for DOA and some sort of comic. On the Gamestop website it shows that in stock for the 360 version but not the PS3 version.

If you look at AMazon they show an actual soundtrack disc, where as Gamestop says a voucher. My guess is It's a voucher either way. http://www.amazon.com/Yaiba-Ninja-Gaiden-Z-Playstation-3/dp/B00D9ILYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410373462&sr=8-1&keywords=yaiba

BTW there's a limited version that comes with a soundtrack, DLC voucher for DOA and some sort of comic. On the Gamestop website it shows that in stock for the 360 version but not the PS3 version.

If you look at AMazon they show an actual soundtrack disc, where as Gamestop says a voucher. My guess is It's a voucher either way. http://www.amazon.com/Yaiba-Ninja-Gaiden-Z-Playstation-3/dp/B00D9ILYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410373462&sr=8-1&keywords=yaiba
Not sure I'd trust anything the Amazon listsing says as it also states:

• Made with the Best Quality Material with your child in mind.
  • Top Quality Children's Item.

The last good Ninja Gaiden was when N.G. Sigma came out.  That was like over 6 years ago.  Everything since has been utter crap.  They should just kill this franchise and put it out of it's misery already. 

It's a shame because how do you fuck up a concept of ninjas fighting each other!?  That's like the coolest idea ever.

You add zombies other retarded monsters that should have never been in the game. Haven't liked a ninja game since ninja blade.

The last good Ninja Gaiden was when N.G. Sigma came out. That was like over 6 years ago. Everything since has been utter crap. They should just kill this franchise and put it out of it's misery already.

It's a shame because how do you fuck up a concept of ninjas fighting each other!? That's like the coolest idea ever.
I personally liked NG2 a little better than NGB.

But yeah..after NG2 it all went downhill.

If you look at AMazon they show an actual soundtrack disc, where as Gamestop says a voucher. My guess is It's a voucher either way. http://www.amazon.com/Yaiba-Ninja-Gaiden-Z-Playstation-3/dp/B00D9ILYIC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410373462&sr=8-1&keywords=yaiba
My understanding is the regular editions come with the comic, soundtrack, and I think DLC. I believe one has a physical soundtrack while one is a download code. Going to go pick one up shortly so guess I better watch some unboxing vids :)

Edit: Looks like it's a "Special Edition" but my guess is it's all of the first run copies (was there more than 1 run, LOL). The PS3 appears to have a digital code for the soundtrack while the Xbox 360 has a Physical CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the NG for the original Xbox. After that is when I thought it went down hill. I didn't even like NG2. NG for Xbox was an incredible game. Just phenomenal. How the hell they could ruin a franchise like that is beyond me. Each one progressively got worse.

I loved the NG for the original Xbox. After that is when I thought it went down hill. I didn't even like NG2. NG for Xbox was an incredible game. Just phenomenal. How the hell they could ruin a franchise like that is beyond me. Each one progressively got worse.
NG on the original Xbox was an action adventure game. NG2 turned down the adventure 100% and turned up the action 100% and I still liked it equally as much as the 1st game. NG3 turned down everything 1000% and turned up God of War 100%. Yaiba made a left turn and never looked back. Hoping NG4 will make a U-turn and return to NG1 or 2, but not very likely without Itagaki. The current lead Hayashi doesn't have a good track record with action games starting with Sigma 2.

It's really not a good game. The graphics are kinda cool, but the AI is too cheap to be fun unless you crank it down to easy difficulty.

My understanding is the regular editions come with the comic, soundtrack, and I think DLC. I believe one has a physical soundtrack while one is a download code. Going to go pick one up shortly so guess I better watch some unboxing vids :)

Edit: Looks like it's a "Special Edition" but my guess is it's all of the first run copies (was there more than 1 run, LOL). The PS3 appears to have a digital code for the soundtrack while the Xbox 360 has a Physical CD.
If you are going to pick one up, let me know if all the items are there. I might pick up a PS3 copy just for the 2 DOA costumes.

Is the game any good at all? By that I mean is it playable? Or is it like Rogue Warrior bad? Are the LE items in all the new copies? ty op

I might one of the ten people who beat this game last time GF had it for $9.99...

Something to note:

1. You cannot change difficulties on the fly

2. Normal difficulty is extremely hard. Harder than NGS and not in a good way.

3. Was going to provide some of my strategy for some bosses here in spoilers but you guys are just going to buy it and throw it in the backlog anyways -_-

Bought a new and factory sealed (not "GameStop sealed") copy for 360 just by going to the counter to ask for one. On the sticker, it says exclusive Dark Horse comic, original soundtrack CD and costume DLC for use in DOA5 Ultimate.

NG on the original Xbox was an action adventure game. NG2 turned down the adventure 100% and turned up the action 100% and I still liked it equally as much as the 1st game. NG3 turned down everything 1000% and turned up God of War 100%. Yaiba made a left turn and never looked back. Hoping NG4 will make a U-turn and return to NG1 or 2, but not very likely without Itagaki. The current lead Hayashi doesn't have a good track record with action games starting with Sigma 2.
I thought the Action Adventure suited it perfectly. Really disliked the straight action change with NG2.

They had 5 or 6 copies for 360, all were the special edition and I grabbed one. This also trades in to BB for 11.20 right now if you have GCU so it's a straight up credit mover if you need it but only for 360.

I added it to cart, was about to complete order.... just couldn't do it. This game looks so bad. Even for $10. I'd rather spend that on a pizza or something.

I have a high tolerance for most games, but man was this game was terrible. Even paying $15 felt like a rip off. I'd say 100% avoid this game. 

They had 5 or 6 copies for 360, all were the special edition and I grabbed one. This also trades in to BB for 11.20 right now if you have GCU so it's a straight up credit mover if you need it but only for 360.
It trades in for the same amount on PS3, but it's named "No Sign" in Best Buy's database: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=6274216663470380052&id=pcat17097&id=pcat17097&type=page&st=no+sign&cp=1&nrp=20&sp=buyprice%3Adesc&sc=gameToySP&newsearch=newsearch&platform=

Any differences between the 360 and ps3 versions?
Generally, Unreal engine games have less flaws on 360. The 360 version also has an actual sound track disc vs a download voucher on the PS3. If I didn't want the DOA5U costume DLC on the PS3, I'd grabbed the 360 version myself.

Yeah but this one is difficult for all the wrong reasons. And it's much harder than NGS imo.

Debated on getting this, but I already have a big backlog of games, and for 10 bucks I could get another game that I know would be better judging by the comments so far.

*Sigh* Ninja Gaiden how you have fallen.

bread's done
Back