So I bought Destiny from the Microsoft Store...

SargeSparta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
and they accidentally sent me a second copy with it. Should I worry about them charging me for the second copy? Should I sell it? What should I do? 

DENY IT HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

^If you feel like technically stealing.

Bottom line they made a mistake (life gave you lemons man) 

If they charge you for it look back and make sure you didn't accidentally buy two. I you only purchased one dispute it they will either refund or sent another copy. 

DENY IT HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

^If you feel like technically stealing.

Bottom line they made a mistake (life gave you lemons man)

If they charge you for it look back and make sure you didn't accidentally buy two. I you only purchased one dispute it they will either refund or sent another copy.
The receipt from when I ordered it and the one they put in the package said that I only ordered one. They also only charged me $64.95 (the price plus tax). I don't know what to do. Should I call their support and ask them what to do or what?

Not to sound dishonest or anything but I'd just keep it. I once had a store issue where I was given more credit on a purchase than I was supposed to receive. I spent a good hour between several different agents trying to discuss the mistake because I felt it was dishonest to do nothing about it, however every agent I spoke to pretty much didn't know what the hell I was complaining about and they weren't sure what I expected them to do. I ended up just dropping it because it wasn't worth my time to solve their mistake.

I feel like if you contact them it'll only be bad for you. They'll probably force you to ship it back or say "Okay we're just going to go ahead and charge you for that". Or they may just drag you around for awhile and nobody will know exactly what you're talking about.

I seriously doubt they'll double-charge you and if they do you have a billing receipt that states you only bought and paid for one copy.

Yeah, all that's going to happen if you call them is you will end up on the phone for hours with them asking why you are complaining you got a free game, then end up paying for the game or paying to ship it back. If they mention it later tell them to pay shipping and you will return them. When a vending machine drops 2 bags of chips do you try to stuff the extra bag back in? No it's just too much time and effort. 

Not to sound dishonest or anything but I'd just keep it. I once had a store issue where I was given more credit on a purchase than I was supposed to receive. I spent a good hour between several different agents trying to discuss the mistake because I felt it was dishonest to do nothing about it, however every agent I spoke to pretty much didn't know what the hell I was complaining about and they weren't sure what I expected them to do. I ended up just dropping it because it wasn't worth my time to solve their mistake.

I feel like if you contact them it'll only be bad for you. They'll probably force you to ship it back or say "Okay we're just going to go ahead and charge you for that". Or they may just drag you around for awhile and nobody will know exactly what you're talking about.

I seriously doubt they'll double-charge you and if they do you have a billing receipt that states you only bought and paid for one copy.
Yea, but what if they found out they sent me a second copy and charged me for the other copy?

Yea, but what if they found out they sent me a second copy and charged me for the other copy?
Then you play stupid. They literally have no proof to go off of since you receipt says your only received paid for and received one copy. In all seriousness I seriously doubt anybody is going to follow up anyway. Some warehouse worker made a mistake and I certainly doubt he'll follow up on it and nobody else probably knows about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it but don't open it or anything. If in a couple of weeks they find out that they sent you two and charge you (highly unlikely) simply send the sealed copy back. If they don't keep it and trade it in or something.

bread's done
Back