Smash Bros 3ds xl on bestbuy.com for preorder

Cause they look badass and are probably limited?
A "deal" would be when something is normally MSRP at 59.99, and then it has a coupon that makes it 49.99, or its on sale, or it has a gift card, or you get a free game, and so on. A deal is when something is LESS than what it normally is.

Looking badass is subjective and has nothing to do with price.

Probablly? So you don't know for sure and you don't know how limited. Limited to 100,000 is very different than limited to 1,000. But again, nothing to do with price.

There are also a couple other threads about this same one, plus other limited 3dsxl systems. So a redundant posting in the deal section that isn't a deal is as useless as the others already posted.

Do these even have NFC integration like the "new" 3ds will have?  I mean....  Smash Bros is the only game for which we have received any amount of Amiibo details. I think It would be shortsighted to brand a new 3ds as a "Smash Bros" device and not include that. 

Just wait for this.

20140829_062637_thumb.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these even have NFC integration like the "new" 3ds will have? I mean.... Smash Bros is the only game for which we have received any amount of Amiibo details. I think It would be shortsighted to brand a new 3ds as a "Smash Bros" device and not include that.
Nope. Nintendo's trying to milk the old 3DS as much as possible before they try and force everyone to upgrade.

Thanks for sharing! Now way I would spend a dollar at Gamestop. Haven't in years and not going to now.

Just going to wait for the 3DS 2.0 to come out then make my decision. I was an early adopter of the 3DS when it first came out and I do not agree with their decision on the 2.0. It is a slap in the face to the consumer base. Nintendo has already lost me on consoles and soon they will lose me on the handhelds. I started to pull away before and this time I am serious. The 3DS 1.0 may be my last nintendo handheld. I'm already eyeing a Vita at my local Best Buy.

All these new designs for the original 3ds XL (really the SSB 3ds xl) and their lack of built-in NFC for Amiibo and c-stick combined with SS3DS not supporting circle pad pro on the original 3ds' has instilled very much anger #1stworldproblems

farley_bus_emote_by_bewster-d4rgvpb.jpg

Honestly, the best thing Nintendo could do at this point is offer an upgrade to a New 3DS XL Smash Bros limited edition if you buy the regular now, but they won't do it.

Gonna pass on this one, likely just get the NES and Persona ones.

I feel like this will be exactly like the Red/Blue XY 3DS's in value. Though I really need to get off my Pikachu model soon before it gets damaged and loses more value

You know what's funny about the "New" 3DS?  If Apple did the exact same thing Nintendo was doing (oh wait, they DO) everyone is wetting their panties and lining up around the block to get one.  When Nintendo does it, it's "A slap in the face of consumers"  Nice double standard. 

Exactly.

Lol at all of the bitching and moaning. Don't click on the fucking thread, you know what's in here. Also, mega-threads are fucking stupid and hamper discussion. Don't like the topic, get bent and leave.

exhibit A

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Silver-Limited-Edition/dp/B00FXOP1JI/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1410568838&sr=8-11&keywords=3ds still in stock

i remember the zelda link between worlds was on clearance price for the 3ds that no one could get rid off.

these won't be very limited since everyone is waiting for the new system

You know what's funny about the "New" 3DS? If Apple did the exact same thing Nintendo was doing (oh wait, they DO) everyone is wetting their panties and lining up around the block to get one. When Nintendo does it, it's "A slap in the face of consumers" Nice double standard.
Do people who buy Nintendo products even buy iPhones and iPads? I thought those iDrones didn't think Nintendo made what they call "consoles".

Since Nintendo is going out of it's way to make this game only semi-functional with the 3DS in order to push this "updated" new 3DS, can we assume this is the New 3DS?  Or is this just pure, moronic hypocrisy on Nintendo's part?

You know what's funny about the "New" 3DS? If Apple did the exact same thing Nintendo was doing (oh wait, they DO) everyone is wetting their panties and lining up around the block to get one. When Nintendo does it, it's "A slap in the face of consumers" Nice double standard.
I'm the opposite. I switched to Android after I got tired of Apple's antics. I had two iPhones (3G and 4). The 4 was a true upgrade from the 3G, but after that I got tired of how they ran their business. I have a S3 and will not be upgrading it until it dies and my contract ends. I will give Apple and Nintendo credit though. They both still support the new and previous versions of their devices.

Didn't want to make a separate thread for this, but I was at my local Walmart this morning and noticed that they seemed to have broke the street date (19th).

They didn't have a lot of them in stock though. My guess is that the stupid people who run the gaming department saw a red and blue 3DS XL box and decided to stock them with the other red and blue 3DS XLs.

So YMMV I guess?

Pictures below

v05WwMh.jpg

fzVOwVz.jpg

They won't ring up, but it's cool to see it in the wild. As someone who has purchased most of the limited-edition 3DS XLs I think I'm going to have to tap out at this point. Anyone who is looking to have a full set of these things is going to need a lot of money.

I'm the opposite. I switched to Android after I got tired of Apple's antics. I had two iPhones (3G and 4). The 4 was a true upgrade from the 3G, but after that I got tired of how they ran their business. I have a S3 and will not be upgrading it until it dies and my contract ends. I will give Apple and Nintendo credit though. They both still support the new and previous versions of their devices.
If this is anything like the jump from DS to DSi, it's completely unnecessary.... hopefully this "new" 3DS won't see much action beyond an Xenoblade port. Either way, I'm really just pissed that they are going to let games use that tiny-ass 2nd joystick thingee yet throwing in support for the CirclePad Pro or w/e it's called is too much. Is anybody here really gonna argue that it's not bullshit that they refuse to support the CPP solely so they can push an entirely new system?

Then, they turn around and release a special 3DS for SSB, despite the fact that the controls apparently have this new system in mind.

For SSB, I'd have actually been willing to buy a CPP, but no way in hell am I buying a whole new system simply cause they can't support their own peripherals.

Last edited:
If this is anything like the jump from DS to DSi, it's completely unnecessary.... hopefully this "new" 3DS won't see much action beyond an Xenoblade port. Either way, I'm really just pissed that they are going to let games use that tiny-ass 2nd joystick thingee yet throwing in support for the CirclePad Pro or w/e it's called is too much. Is anybody here really gonna argue that it's not bullshit that they refuse to support the CPP solely so they can push an entirely new system?

Then, they turn around and release a special 3DS for SSB, despite the fact that the controls apparently have this new system in mind.

For SSB, I'd have actually been willing to buy a CPP, but no way in hell am I buying a whole new system simply cause they can't support their own peripherals.
It would have been cool if Nintendo had incorporated the second analog into the original 3ds xl system. instead of waiting so long People with the original 3ds might have even upgraded. And Nintendo could have discontinued the smaller system and just had an xl version now. Then, you wouldn't need a circle pad pro, just the nfc adapter which is coming out anyways. Of course, you still would need to upgrade to the new 3ds with the faster cpu for Xenoblade...

It would have been cool if Nintendo had incorporated the second analog into the original 3ds xl system. instead of waiting so long People with the original 3ds might have even upgraded. And Nintendo could have discontinued the smaller system and just had an xl version now. Then, you wouldn't need a circle pad pro, just the nfc adapter which is coming out anyways. Of course, you still would need to upgrade to the new 3ds with the faster cpu for Xenoblade...
I'm afraid I have to disagree with some of this.... I like the smaller system a lot more than the XL simply because the XL isn't really portable in my eyes. The standard 3DS barely fits into my pocket as it is. And I'd have been really pissed had they tried to force us to "upgrade" for that 2nd stick, though I agree it should have been built in instead of yet another CCP. The CPP seemed like a fair solution, I'm just pissed that they won't support it for SSB yet they'll support that 2nd stick on this new system. It's so damn transparent that this is a lameass attempt to push the new system for a big game, and we all know how competitive people get on smash. It's an asshole's move, certainly a giant "screw you" to anybody who bought the barely supported CPP.

I'd like to get a 3DS XL to keep at home (though I wouldn't waste my money now that this "new" system is announced), but until I can keep the few downloads I have on both systems without going through the pain in the ass system transfer each time, I'm just gonna stick with what I've got.

Last edited:
Really, the 3DS should have had dual analogs from Day 1; wtf was Nintendo thinking putting out a handheld in 2011 with only one analog? It seems like their hardware design skills have been pretty poor for a long time now, they just don't seem to be able to design gaming hardware with solid features, anymore. It's as if they are deliberately aiming for the lowest possible feature set possible, to keep their manufacturing costs at a bare minimum (thereby keeping their profits as high as possible). Their loyal fans have paid the price for this repeatedly over the last decade or so.

Unless they make the analogue sticks stronger, pass.

vukadajhhrzmz2hn7d8k.jpg
haha i made that comment in the demo codes thread. I would be willing to bet the new sticks are different. We'll probably need to wait a bit for an actual comparison of the parts (i doubt many would be willing to rip apart their brand new new 3ds)

bread's done
Back