XBOX ONE - Two consoles in same house, 1 gamertag - how seamless?

Ruined

CAGiversary!
Hi all,

So with the XBOX ONE deals I am considering getting a 2nd XBOX ONE for my media room.

But I have a few questions... XBOX 360 was quite poor for trying to use one XBOX LIVE Gamertag on two consoles, at least back when I tried it a long time ago.  It was a very cumbersome process you would not want to do every day.

So, a few scenarios:

Assuming all games are digital, all saves are in the cloud, and gamertag was initially set up on both consoles, how smooth will the following scenarios work out?

Scenario 1:  Let's say I have DESTINY in digital on both consoles.  I start playing upstairs, save game in cloud, exit game, do *not* log out of live, then move downstairs and log in there with same Gamertag - will downstairs console automatically log out upstairs console?

Scenario 2: I am watching Netflix/WWE Network/etc on my gamertag upstairs.  Someone continues to watch that upstairs and I go downstairs to play a game on same gamertag.  Will the streaming video upstairs be shut down or continue to work since it does not require live subscription?  Will downstairs seamlessly log in?

Scenario 3: I am streaming XBOX Music on my gamertag upstairs.  Someone continues tot listen upstairs and I go  downstairs to play a game on same gamertag.  Will the streaming audio be shut down or continue to play?

I haven't owned two of the same console ever but in my current situation it would make sense for games and media.  I just want to know if I can go between the two easily without having to jump through hoops as was the case with XBOX 360.  If someone could give some insight on any of the above scenarios it would be very helpful - thanks.

You can be on 360 and one at the same time. Solution for having 2 boxes and one GT is to move profile to thumb drive and move that each time.

I have two Xbones in my house. Answer to 1 is that yes, it will sign you out of the first console automatically when you sign into the second. I haven't tested the other two scenarios but I'm fairly sure the media will stop playing when it logs you out. I have gone back to console one to Netflix in suspended mode (console set to instant on), after I had signed into console 2, and it's showing an error that I must sign in to continue playing video.

What I did was create a Live account for my wife, and use that to sign in to the upstairs console unless I'm playing a game. Since you have to sign in to Netflix separately, I can still access all our Netflix profiles no matter which Live profile I'm using. I don't use Xbox Music though, so not sure how that would work.

Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back