Pirates of the Caribbean movies BD $6.99 Best Buy (1st 3 Films)

The first movie is just like the Matrix, Highlander...best to forget that the sequels happened and just appreciate it as the only one that did what it did right.

Dunno what the fourth is called, but I see the titles kept getting shorter. What's the next one called? "Arr!"?

I've only seen the first; sounds like I should quit while I'm ahead.

Dunno what the fourth is called, but I see the titles kept getting shorter. What's the next one called? "Arr!"?

On Stranger Tides. And to watch the next three flicks is like continuing on past the Matrix, Highlander, Underworld...to imagine that these movies brought something original and fun to the movie game and every sequel afterward was just a cash cow...or poorly filmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

The 4th is called "on stranger tides". Part 5 titled "dead men tell no tales" hits theaters July 2017 :D

I got the first 3 Months ago from bestbuy at this price and the 4th during blockbusters epic liquidation sale (so many cheap blu rays lol). I find It interesting that Dispite the films making tons of money for Disney that they don't keep the prices inflated like they do for the mcu/classic animated films. Why is this ?

The first movie is just like the Matrix, Highlander...best to forget that the sequels happened and just appreciate it as the only one that did what it did right.
that's what i did. i pretend there wasn't a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th, PofC movie. Just like Indiana Jones 4, Rush Hour 3, The Mummy 3, Spiderman 3, Kick Ass 2, The Bourne Legacy, Aliens 3&4, X men 3 & Xmen Origins:Wolverine never happened. It makes life easier, especially when your collector's brain tells you to buy shitty movies for completion. I CAN"T BRAIN. THEY DON"T EXIST

Aw yeah, this 100%. I couldn't believe the drop in quality between the 1st and the 2nd/3rd movies.... I can't even bring myself to see any past that. I seriously don't get it; was it an entirely different team of writers or something?

Last edited:
Aw yeah, this 100%. I couldn't believe the drop in quality between the 1st and the 2nd/3rd movies.... I can't even bring myself to see any past that. I seriously don't get it; was it an entirely different team of writers or something?
Nope, exact same writers for all FOUR movies actually. What it sounds like happened is Disney did not have a lot of faith in the first movie before it came out, so this absolutely was not viewed as a franchise. Then after COTB took all of the money, they were like "HURRY and crank more of these out!" so parts 2 and 3 were rushed into production and the results are very obvious what happened.

I actually enjoy the fourth one a lot just for the fact it booted almost all of the continuity from the first trilogy and opens up a whole new world free of eighty million subplots.

For those looking for Pirates 4 deal 7.99
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-pirates-of-the-caribbean-on-stranger-tides-two-disc-blu-raydvd-combo-1

Can probably pm it at BBY, YMMV of couse.

I personally really liked the second one, almost as much as the first, the third was definitely a let down, story kind of went all over the place. I have never watched the 4th got it of DMR in 3D, since id already gotten everything else I had cared for.
While I enjoyed the battles in the film when you think about it part 3 didn't really have a clear plot. They made lord becket seem like a punk at the end too lol

I was in my local FYE today and found Pirates of the Caribbean-On Stranger Tides DVD+BD for $5.99 with another purchase. Not sure if you can get this deal online or not, but definitely in store.

But just a word of caution...DVD+BD means it's in a DVD sized case...made my OCD upset since I had the other 3 movies in the smaller cases :whee:

...and no, the BD+DVD is full price, trust me I asked. :wall:

bread's done
Back