Paypal Need Help!

MSU_DVM

CAGiversary!
Feedback
104 (100%)
So I am trying to buy something from a guy on another site, I sent a non-gift payment, and he is saying I have to confirm that I have received the items in order for him to get the money.

I told him that I did not feel comfortable doing that, and he replied saying that even if I confirm I have received the items on Paypal, I can still fill a dispute with the seller later.

I have never run into this problem before. Is this guy telling the truth? I am getting a bad vibe that he is trying to scam me. He was really pressuring me to do a gift payment, before saying all of this.

The money is held until you confirm that you've received it OR until the end of three weeks, whichever happens first. So yes, Paypal withholds the funds if his account is new/he just added a bank account so you DON'T get scammed. And if you haven't received the item at the end of those three weeks, you can file a dispute and Paypal will typically refund you your money.

Don't mark that you've received the item. Tell him that he has to send the item, and he will receive the money when you get it or at the end of three weeks. It definitely sounds like he's trying to scam you under the pretenses that you're going to scam him. Never let the seller force you into doing something like this!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am trying to buy something from a guy on another site, I sent a non-gift payment, and he is saying I have to confirm that I have received the items in order for him to get the money.

I told him that I did not feel comfortable doing that, and he replied saying that even if I confirm I have received the items on Paypal, I can still fill a dispute with the seller later.

I have never run into this problem before. Is this guy telling the truth? I am getting a bad vibe that he is trying to scam me. He was really pressuring me to do a gift payment, before saying all of this.
when people ask me to do this i pretend i never got their email and have no clue what they are talking about.

if someone wants you to confirm you got items before you did its mostly a scam

bread's done
Back