Xbox Live deals include Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata for $5 each

Ok, OP, I'm gonna give you a bit of a hard time, but it's in good fun.  Note that you ARE trying to help and this is one hell of a deal. 

But you should prepare your flame shield and thank your lucky stars that CAG is generally a friendly community because there is a strong (maybe strongest?) thread on Xbox Live deals that is an active community on it's own.  You want XBL deals?  Go there.  So, hopefully the masses will go easy on ya.  If not......

prepare-yourself_20120427172748.jpg

I'll chime in and say that I wouldn't have seen this deal since these titles aren't mentioned in the XBL thread's long title.  That said, these are both good deals on games I already own.

I highly recommend Vesperia.  I like Eternal Sonata (but to a lesser degree) and recommend the PS3 version to those wanting the best experience with that game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll chime in and say that I wouldn't have seen this deal since these titles aren't mentioned in the XBL thread's long title. That said, these are both good deals on games I already own.

I highly recommend Vesperia. I like Eternal Sonata (but to a lesser degree) and recommend the PS3 version to those wanting the best experience with that game.
In for Metro 2033/Last Light since I'm already going hard with Metro Redux/Metro 2033 Redux/Metro Last Light Redux for achievements.

I'll chime in and say that I wouldn't have seen this deal since these titles aren't mentioned in the XBL thread's long title. That said, these are both good deals on games I already own.

I highly recommend Vesperia. I like Eternal Sonata (but to a lesser degree) and recommend the PS3 version to those wanting the best experience with that game.
If you follow the thread, you wont need to read the title. However, Bloomy always updates the title normally on Tuesdays since it's the official day the sales start and it isn't until today the whole weekly sales are confirmed.

Eternal Sonata is my favorite RPG battle system.  Also weirdest story concept ever.  First game I played through it twice to get the 1000 GS.

I picked up Vesperia earlier but couldn't get into it as much as Symphonia or Xillia.  

I don't follow the megathread because I don't care. However, I do like Tales of Vesperia and thus would have bought that and dumped my physical copy. But alas, I am not a gold member.

Vesperia is a must-have on 360 (it would be on PS3 if they localized it); Eternal Sonata is much better on PS3 and is worth an experience least once for any RPG fan.

Eternal Sonata is absolutely tremendous.  Totally neat twist on the JRPG genre that I don't typically like. TONS of fun, a few points of frustration, but a captivating story, neat characters.

Really, really good game.

Thanks for the topic OP! I can never get the first page of the xbox thread to load, so I never know what games are on sale. Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia are tempting, but I would prefer to get those as physical copies. 

Oh wow, thanks for this thread. I didn't know about these deals before I saw this thread. In for Tales of Vesperia. I strongly prefer getting disc versions (and would gladly pay SHIPPING in order to get a disc copy), but can't argue with the price. I've been wanting to get Tales of Vesperia for a long time now and this is a great deal. I like the Eternal Sonata Demo and I'm considering buying that as well. But I dk, something is making me hesitate getting that lol. 

i cant have my backlog increase....NO....NO!!!!!!....(purchased) I'll eventually get to it.  *goes back to finishing NES backlog*

Oh wow, thanks for this thread. I didn't know about these deals before I saw this thread. In for Tales of Vesperia. I strongly prefer getting disc versions (and would gladly pay SHIPPING in order to get a disc copy), but can't argue with the price. I've been wanting to get Tales of Vesperia for a long time now and this is a great deal. I like the Eternal Sonata Demo and I'm considering buying that as well. But I dk, something is making me hesitate getting that lol.
I have a sealed Vesperia I'll sell for $12.50 shipped (Amazon Payment).

Thanks, OP. Might have to bite & sell my physical copy.

86% of the posts in this thread are arguments not involving the games.  Perhaps that's a good threshold to delete the thread.  Love or hate mega threads, they're a big part of CAG now.  If you have a XBL or PSN deal, good chance it's been covered and bumping the thread is more worthwhile than posting a new thread.

have Tales (disc) and love it, played demo of Eternal Sonata.... thought it was interesting.

interested in Eternal Sonata (disc) in VG+ cond @ $10 shipped, if anyone wants to get rid of their disc, move on to digital and make a couple bucks. PM me

btw, yourmom, you know they don't delete threads around here. maybe more accurately, it just doesn't seem like it

86% of the posts in this thread are arguments not involving the games. Perhaps that's a good threshold to delete the thread. Love or hate mega threads, they're a big part of CAG now. If you have a XBL or PSN deal, good chance it's been covered and bumping the thread is more worthwhile than posting a new thread.
Happy my mom found someone, but I don't know where you got your 86% statistic, Dad. :) There is quite a bit of discussion about the games here. I think it is a deal worth posting about, but I am biased in that I like RPGs and don't read the Xbox thread. (I keep close track of the various Nintendo and Sony megathreads, though...)

Oh, I'm the king of the swingers, oh
The jungle VIP
I reached the top, and had to stop
And that's what's been bothering me

(sorry I had this song pop in my head, and suddenly had the urge to put the lyrics in the first thread I commented on)
Anyway, I JUST freaking bought Vesperia for $15.  Anyway, both of these games are awesome, and VERY worth $5.

I'm torn.  I have these on disc in my backlog.  I kind of want the digital versions just in case Xbox One gets a 360 emulator or something that will play at least digital 360 games on Xbox One.

D4 is up on Xbox One for $15. Bought it and am pretty deep into it. Been playing it for the last 9 hours.
First X1 exclusive that has really 'grabbed' me and made it where I couldn't put the controller down.

Buy it!

Tales of Vesperia is a very good JRPG purchase.  It's probably the best last gen JRPG.

Eternal Sonata is a bad game.  Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and starts out fun but after a few dungeons it quickly goes downhill both in terms of dungeon (aka: Maze) design and story.  The story is so convoluted at the end that they're clearly trying to copy the ambigious WTF endings of anime and by the time I got to the end...I really didn't give a shit.  Bottom line, this game is not good.  I wouldn't spend $5 on it because why bother owning and playing a game that's not good when you can play a game that is good?

I saw these deals in the XB Deals Mega Thread, but there's no reason not to talk about these games in particular.

I tried the demo for Eternal Sonata years ago, and thought it reminded me of the Tales games.  Overall, I couldn't really get into it.

I tried the demo for Tales of Vesperia years ago, and didn't understand what was going on.  The last time it went on sale, I re-downloaded the demo and tried it again.  I got to the boss fight at the end of the demo and lost.  I feel like if I can't beat the demo boss, I probably shouldn't be playing their game, lol

Tales of Vesperia is a very good JRPG purchase. It's probably the best last gen JRPG.

Eternal Sonata is a bad game. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful and starts out fun but after a few dungeons it quickly goes downhill both in terms of dungeon (aka: Maze) design and story. The story is so convoluted at the end that they're clearly trying to copy the ambigious WTF endings of anime and by the time I got to the end...I really didn't give a shit. Bottom line, this game is not good. I wouldn't spend $5 on it because why bother owning and playing a game that's not good when you can play a game that is good?
Couldn't disagree on Sonata more. I followed the story throughout. There were two maze sections that were a nightmare, and I cheated by looking at a map online to get through them, but the gameplay was deep, the item power ups were rewarding and fun to chase after, the enemies and the light/dark element made it fun and unique.

The ending was emotionally engaging and I felt like I actually accomplished something in beating it. Then the post-credit movie was quirky and nutty, which suited the whole thing well. Top 5 RPG of all time for me. I think I bought it digitally for under $4, and I'd pay up to $20 for it knowing what I know now.

i wouldn't notice these on the XBL thread, as i predominantly use the mobile browser for updates - and it only seems to show the top 20 threads at any one time.

Thanks!

bread's done
Back