When do we normally find out all of the Black Friday deals?

Ginger Junk

Banned
I know Black Friday is a couple of months away, but when do we start hearing about what sales retailers are planning for the event?

On a related note - do you think I'll be able to get a good deal on a Wii U by shopping online or will I have to go to a store to take advantage of it?

Near the end of October would be my guess, mainly because they want to push Black Friday really hard. Maybe mid October then. I am ready this year though as I'll finally be able to purchase some things. :D

Looking at last yr if you wait till Friday everything will be gone. Some store will be the first to start on Weds night 11:59 till noon then reload at 8 or 9 pm.

I really do think it's becoming a thing of the past. Online sites is what started the demise of BF and within the last 5-10 years the incidents involving all these fucking morons killing each other has really changed retailers in how they go about this period. There will always be sales that week since it's the biggest shopping week in America but BF itself will probably fade away as time goes and it won't be THE day to shop for the best deals anymore.

Right now stores have Halloween, Thanksgiving & Xmas stuff sections set up. Black Friday with become Black Friday shopping week then stores will compete to win each day, stores struggling at the beginning of the week will get desperate resulting in good Fri-Sun deals. Each yr the strategy will change I guess.

From the way some of the "losing" retailers spoke we may see some cyber monday deal change based on how well the store(s) does thru BF. So if a store like Walmart has sales that hurt target`s expected BF results they may add/adjust offers in the customers favor to hopefully recoup sales on the backend. Love when retailers get desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those articles that talk about a catalog, like Target and Lego, is there an actual physical catalog I can order online somewhere?

bread's done
Back