Smash Bros 3DS and control-wear

Yikes. Perhaps a devious strategy to force upgrades to the new 3DS? =)

Also, if this is happening, I'm surprised games like SSF4 didn't make this a problem 2 years ago.

I bet the people who break their 3DS while playing Smash are the same people who broke their TV while playing Wii Sports. :p

My god, the destruction!
This doesn't surprise me at all actually. Everytime I play the demo I feel like I'm going to rip the system in half.

This reminds me of the Mario Party joystick wear.

Well mine broke the first time fighting Master Hand.  I probably won't be only person with this problem.

My friend and I were playing and suddenly, he stopped playing. Then, he messages me saying that his circle pad pro ''skin'' broke.

I've learned to adjust to the slide pad like it should be as a SLIDER, not a stick. Does the control set up allow using the Dpad instead?
The game is unplayable without the joystick. There is, as of yet, no way to switch movement controls to the d-pad (and frankly, it's not meant for the d-pad).

I've been meticulously watching my joystick since I got the game. It's been fine so far, until today. I noticed the rubber part is slowly creeping up on one side. :( Really don't want this to mess up my joystick (especially since I have the LOZ XL), but the game is so much fun lol. I'm really not an intense player. Most of my matches consist of playing level 5 and below CPU. The joystick is really just not meant for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo is PURE EVIL.  Released a good fighting game  let consumers destroy they old 3DS and upgrade for "NEW" 3DS in 2015 :) 

I just wish somebody would hack the 3DS infrared port like the Circle Pad. Would be easier for some to use a GC Controller on it. But the Wii U version is coming out anyway. Disappointing that there is no D-Pad, considering it didn't stop certain people for going gaga over that demake.

Aaannd I cracked the top part of my slide pad. I know this, because there's a big X indentation in the rubber and I can feel the cracks.
It happened during a match, I guess I was pressing it down into the system accidentally? It is still working but, idk how long until it cracks in the wrong place and breaks right off. :/

What to do now...

Aaannd I cracked the top part of my slide pad. I know this, because there's a big X indentation in the rubber and I can feel the cracks.
It happened during a match, I guess I was pressing it down into the system accidentally? It is still working but, idk how long until it cracks in the wrong place and breaks right off. :/

What to do now...
Follow Nintendo's master plan and upgrade to the new 3DS in 2015?

What to do now...
There's lots of guides online that tell you have to fix them. If you go that route, let us know how it worked for you.

Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Replacement

Edit: Note, if it's just the pad's cover, don't use the above guide; that's like swatting a fly with a buick. They do make replacement covers that can be changed out easily (supposedly).

]
Edit: Note, if it's just the pad's cover, don't use the above guide; that's like swatting a fly with a buick. They do make replacement covers that can be changed out easily (supposedly).
Thanks for the guide, I keep finding regular 3DS guides so I needed this. Looks fairly simple except it's only for the actual joystick part. I wonder how I can replace the thumb part (it's the plastic piece underneath the rubber that is broken).

its ovbious they are trying to do skill moves and the game does not play that fast or need to be played with speed. i play the game with slow movement. you have to anyway as sometimes youll be facing the wrong way.

bread's done
Back