Generic Gaming Component cable?

Aegis Runestone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm looking for a generic component cable for gaming consoles because I heard that a generic one does work on a Gamecube, so it would be cheaper. I believe it's mutli-platform. Can someone help me?

Htz, using your hitman skills and remove the op from existence

Last edited by a moderator:
>make sure computer is plugged in
>turn on computer
>find internet explorer
>open internet explorer
>download Firefox or Chrome
>install Firefox or Chrome
>open Firefox or Chrome
>google.com
>type what you want
>find what you want
>buy what you want
>wait for shipping
>wait some more
>get package
>open package
>plug in cable from package to what you want
>enjoy

... what? I thought this was a gaming trade place? There's no need to be rude.

>make sure computer is plugged in
>turn on computer
>find internet explorer
>open internet explorer
>download Firefox or Chrome
>install Firefox or Chrome
>open Firefox or Chrome
>google.com
>type what you want
>find what you want
>buy what you want
>wait for shipping
>wait some more
>get package
>open package
>plug in cable from package to what you want
>enjoy
That's the problem. I dunno which cable will work. That's why I asked.

This is the wrong subforum for this topic. This is for non-regional video game deals.

You might wanna try here: 

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/13-deal-requests-advice/

(Though I have a feeling a mod will move your thread there or delete it soon enough.)

Anyway, cheap GCN component cables are tough to find. There's not a generic version available that I know of. None of the universal component/video cables (like Gamestop or Rocketfish branded cables, or generic Chinese cables) that I'm aware of include GCN connectors-- they tend to be limited to PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii.

So you've pretty much got a few choices:
1) Suck it up and deal with composite or S-video
2) Buy a Wii
3) Play on a CRT TV
4) [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Use an emulator[/SIZE]

This is the wrong subforum for this topic. This is for non-regional video game deals.

You might wanna try here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/13-deal-requests-advice/

(Though I have a feeling a mod will move your thread there or delete it soon enough.)

Anyway, cheap GCN component cables are tough to find. There's not a generic version available that I know of. None of the universal component/video cables (like Gamestop or Rocketfish branded cables, or generic Chinese cables) that I'm aware of include GCN connectors-- they tend to be limited to PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, and Wii.

So you've pretty much got a few choices:
1) Suck it up and deal with composite or S-video
2) Buy a Wii
3) Play on a CRT TV
4) [SIZE=14.3999996185303px]Use an emulator[/SIZE]
Ah... I figured at first I should have posted it in non-gaming, but... I saw lego posts and reconsidered it. I apologize.

I also have a Wii, but it's the flat black version which has no GameCube support. :/

I guess I'll just live with it.

As if the CAG newbie question posts polluting this forum wasn't enough, now the vets have to join in the "fun".

There has never been a generic GameCube component cable. The only GameCube component cable ever released was released by Nintendo themselves, and was only sold from their on-line store. It never got a standard retail release. The regular MSRP for the thing was $40, and it never sold particularly well. Who wants to spend $40 for a video cable that not all games supported anyway?

I was fortunate enough to find a used GameCube component cable at a GameStop about five-six years ago. I snatched it up immediately, I think I paid $12 for it. One of the better finds in my constant quest for good deals. But purchasing a used cable is about your only option. They are not easy to come by.

One of the best alternatives for GameCube component video support is to simply buy an original-model Wii. The Wii had near-full backwards compatibility for GameCube games, and that included component support. And while the GameCube never had third-party component cables, component cables for the Wii are as common as mud. You can find them almost anywhere. If you get a standard Wii you will be set for playing back GameCube games in 480p.

There has never been a generic GameCube component cable. The only GameCube component cable ever released was released by Nintendo themselves, and was only sold from their on-line store. It never got a standard retail release. The regular MSRP for the thing was $40, and it never sold particularly well. Who wants to spend $40 for a video cable that not all games supported anyway?

I was fortunate enough to find a used GameCube component cable at a GameStop about five-six years ago. I snatched it up immediately, I think I paid $12 for it. One of the better finds in my constant quest for good deals. But purchasing a used cable is about your only option. They are not easy to come by.

One of the best alternatives for GameCube component video support is to simply buy an original-model Wii. The Wii had near-full backwards compatibility for GameCube games, and that included component support. And while the GameCube never had third-party component cables, component cables for the Wii are as common as mud. You can find them almost anywhere. If you get a standard Wii you will be set for playing back GameCube games in 480p.
I think he/she's referring to the ones made my third parties that supported multiple systems (PS2, XB and GC). But I take it that OP doesn't realize that those cables only output video through the component cables and do not support progressive scan.

As if the CAG newbie question posts polluting this forum wasn't enough, now the vets have to join in the "fun".
Aegis Runestone
Member Since 22 Jun 2007

he's not a newbie. he's just trolling. the site is getting hammered by it lately.
That was TooPoor's point, he's not a newbie...

OP, the quickest way to drag out the SD thug in people with keyboards is to post something in the wrong CAG forum. It's like you are a mouse coming out of the wrong mousehole and the cat catching you and batting you around. :D Just be glad that you got some legit replies. :)

Stop using twitter. I've never had such a problem.
CAG's twitter feed is great when it isn't polluted with these kinds of posts. And Twitter is just another technological tool. It is what you make of it. Sounds like you haven't bothered to find a way to use it to your advantage.

What the heck is up with all these threads lately? Is CAG getting trolled or something? Geeze.
Yep.

There aren't enough mods on this site and the few that are left, either can't or won't, bother cleaning things up. I'm guessing it's more of the "can't" since it seems like there's too much to do and I can only imagine how much it sucks to do their jobs since they don't get paid to do it.

Yep.

There aren't enough mods on this site and the few that are left, either can't or won't, bother cleaning things up. I'm guessing it's more of the "can't" since it seems like there's too much to do and I can only imagine how much it sucks to do their jobs since they don't get paid to do it.
We're better off. It's better to have no moderation than too much moderation. Let the people govern themselves. Most of us already live in a police state, we don't need that lifestyle to flood the internet.

bread's done
Back