EXCLUSIVE NES, PERSONA, AND SMASH 3DS XL COMING TO GAMESTOP

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
On September 19, gamers will be able to walk into their local GameStop and walk out with a Smash Bros. themed 3DS XL in anticipation of the game's release on October 3. A week after Smash hits the handheld, another GameStop exclusive 3DS will be available, this one modeled on the console that started it all for Nintendo, the NES. The system itself is modeled on the NES controller, while the box will resemble the console itself.

Finally, it was announced that on November 25, GameStop will offer a Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 3DS XL. 

All three of the handhelds will retail for $200.

3dsxl-smashbrosrenderredsmjpg-3a49c3_960w.jpg

3dsxlnesbundlebox-1jpg-b3447d_960w.jpg

3dsxlpersonaq-1jpg-b3447e_960w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its old considering the new 3DS XL is on the horizon, but I will probably get one of the limited editions announced today so I can have a limited edition 3DS of some kind

I would like to have the NES one, even though I'm going to get the upgraded model when I comes out, as I don't have a custom 3DS as of yet.

I've said this before but Nintendo is really milking these 3DS variants. 

Yes, they've historically done color variants for their portables but it seems like there's more 3DS variations than all GB/DS variations combined. 

Not gonna lie though, the box for the NES version is bad ass.

The NES one is cool but who is going to buy one knowing the new type will be out next year. I've waited this long for one I can wait for the new version...

Yes, they've historically done color variants for their portables but it seems like there's more 3DS variations than all GB/DS variations combined.

Just be glad they are giving us more special edition 3DS consoles. Nintendo used to be incredibly stingy in bringing special edition Japanese consoles to the US.

Nice if you have $200 to waste but there is going to be a new 3DS likely next year that is going to play games that these systems won't. I don't care about the color of the system if it doesn't play the latest games it's pointless. I also assume if they are releasing a new 3ds that most big releases will be moving to the new system.

Too bad it doesn't include a free game so the OP can return the 3DS and keep the game since it's "free".

Just preordered the NES one online.  These are the only US Variant 3DSes that have been exclusive to just one retailer.  Adding in the quality of the look, I think this could be worth more than MSRP down the road.

Just preordered the NES one online. These are the only US Variant 3DSes that have been exclusive to just one retailer. Adding in the quality of the look, I think this could be worth more than MSRP down the road.
That's not true. Gamestop has had other 3DS exclusives as has Walmart.

Just preordered the NES one online. These are the only US Variant 3DSes that have been exclusive to just one retailer. Adding in the quality of the look, I think this could be worth more than MSRP down the road.
Pre-ordered the NES one for now. I like the packaging, too.

So wait I'm confused. Is the Smash Bros one exclusive or not? It was shown in a leaked Walmart ad, and NoA on Twitter announced both colors being sold.

So wait I'm confused. Is the Smash Bros one exclusive or not? It was shown in a leaked Walmart ad, and NoA on Twitter announced both colors being sold.
No the smash one is available at any retailer....the reason you may have thought that is because they were announced at Gamestop Expo.

Are you kidding? There were A LOT more DS variations.

Damn it, Nintendo!

I just got a Fire Emblem one. I was going to get the Smash one before a New 3DS.

I didn't know about the Persona one and now there's a Nintendo one. I'm going to miss out.

The NES one is cool but who is going to buy one knowing the new type will be out next year. I've waited this long for one I can wait for the new version...
Yea, I would go for the Smash 3DSXL and/or the NES 3DSXL if they were the new model since I'll need one anyway. Since they aren't though, guess I'll wait for the superior Xenoblade "New" 3DSXL....I may get 1 of these though depending...

I have purchased multiple ones because it is so cool to have them... but then they just sit there since you only use the one. I so tempted about these 3 but I already have 3 of them. The black and blue from Mario Kart Bundle, Zelda Gold, and MArio and Luigi versions. I had the Pikachu one and sold it for about $530 on ebay... That was my favorite. The NES one looks cool because of the nostalgia but is the least favorite from these 3 upcoming ones.

NES one is pretty goddamn sexy but yeah no new 3DS' for me until they are the new model, seems dumb to pay MSRP for a model that has a definitive ticking shelf life.

I'm sure all of these will sell out though.

bread's done
Back