Various Titles 16.xx - 22.xx and ps4 bundles for 399.00 at Sam's Club - YMMV?

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
I was just at my local Sam's Club and they had a sign up for COD Ghosts (a sign for each console) for 19.81.  

But looking at the rest of the games, there were more than just Ghosts at that price.  Other titles and prices were:

:wiiu:

Wind Waker HD - 22.81

Lego City Undercover - 19.81

:3ds:

Pokemon X - 16.81

Mario Kart 7 - 19.81

New Super Mario Bros 2 - 19.81

Paper Mario SS - 12.81

And a few more I can't recall off the top of my head.

Also, they had PS4 console bundles w/ either Killzone SF or Infamous SS + second controller for 399.00.  

Possibly YMMV.  All had yellow tags, so take that as you will.

Time to call my local store. Hopefully they do have Pokemon X and Wind Waker HD. Thanks for the heads up.

What is the item number for Pokemon X?

EDIT: Items don't show up int he system when I called. Going to have to go over there and check myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey OP, any sign of Pokemon Y?

Are the games even different enough to get both of them?  Spoken like a true 3DS noob. :)

Hey OP, any sign of Pokemon Y?

Are the games even different enough to get both of them? Spoken like a true 3DS noob. :)
No idea - that was the only Pokemon they had. Judging by all of the other first party titles being discounted, I can see it being a possibility.

Oh yeah, another title I just remembered was Luigi's Mansion :3ds: for 19.81.

The Glendora, CA store has:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D $19.81

Brain Age Concentration $14.81

New Super Mario Bros. $19.81

Pokemon X $29.71

Pokemon Y $35.98

Zelda ALBW $23.71

Just Dance 4 $19.81

Just Dance 2014 $24.81

PS3 - Madden 25 $14.81

PS3 - Deluxe Bundle Afterglow AP.1 Controller with Bluetooth Communicator $19.81

No Wind Waker, Lego City, NSMB2 or MK7 on the shelf.

The Glendora, CA store has:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D $19.81

Brain Age Concentration $14.81

New Super Mato Bros. $19.81

Pokemon X $29.71

Pokemon Y $35.98

Zelda ALBW $23.71

Just Dance 4 $19.81

Just Dance 2014 $24.81

PS3 - Madden 25 $14.81

PS3 - Deluxe Bundle Afterglow AP.1 Controller with Bluetooth Communicator $19.81
No Wind Waker, Lego City, NSMB2 or MK7 on the shelf.
Are these the stickered prices or the actual prices as they ring up at the register? I had to take GTAV to the register to see it was priced at $14.98 when it was stickered at $29.98 a few weeks ago.

If these are real prices, this sounds like an overwhelming (underwhelming?) YMMV.

Are these the stickered prices or the actual prices as they ring up at the register? I had to take GTAV to the register to see it was priced at $14.98 when it was stickered at $29.98 a few weeks ago.
If these are real prices, this sounds like an overwhelming (underwhelming?) YMMV.
These were the prices stickered over the original price.

Just got back from my local store that had Wind Waker HD for $22. The tag showed $45 but we had the girl scan it. 

Going to head out to another store to get the other games.

I haven't been in a Phoenix Sams Club in...ages. Last time I was there there was a bunch of bargain bin games there only. Maybe I'd better see if there's anything left.

I can definitely confirm that Sam's Club is still selling the $399 PS4 bundles. I believe last week in another forum someone mentioned getting the bundle for around $360 so on Sunday I went to see what my local club (Beavercreek, OH) had. My club wasn't even as organized as the photo the topic creator showed because there was no display of the consoles or even a plastic cutout to show what came with the bundle. Literally I didn't think they sold the console at first. 

I just grabbed a paper ticket that said "PS4 Bundle" and asked an employee what came with the bundle. He kept going back and forth between where I was at and the cage they keep the systems in providing a little more information each time but eventually he got the Infamous bundle with the extra controller. For around $420ish not the world's greatest deal or bundle but it was good enough for me to buy in.

How many times does a open box item drop in price? My local store has an open box PS4 that has dropped in price 3 times (now at $270). Waiting for it to go $200 or less before I get it though.

I just grabbed a paper ticket that said "PS4 Bundle" and asked an employee what came with the bundle. He kept going back and forth between where I was at and the cage they keep the systems in providing a little more information each time but eventually he got the Infamous bundle with the extra controller. For around $420ish not the world's greatest deal or bundle but it was good enough for me to buy in.
Is this not a good deal? I only ask because I've come into the market for a PS4 recently and I'm unsure if I should wait for a better deal. I'm a bit eager to get one. Would it be better to wait for around Black Friday to see what PS4 deals pop up then?

Is this not a good deal? I only ask because I've come into the market for a PS4 recently and I'm unsure if I should wait for a better deal. I'm a bit eager to get one. Would it be better to wait for around Black Friday to see what PS4 deals pop up then?
I guess it depends on how badly you want a PS4 and if you like Infamous or Killzone and what other consoles you have. I think it's a good deal because Infamous is probably still more than $30-40 (plus it's a physical copy) and I don't have to pay an extra $50-60 for another controller so it's close to $120 in savings depending on what you pay for the game and controller.

It wouldn't shock me if you could find a better price for the system on Black Friday but I can't think of many or any bundles they'll have around then which brings up another issue for me with PS4/Xbox One right now. Right now for me there's not a wealth of next-gen exclusive games that will be out until next year so I basically will be buying games I could've gotten on PS3/360. If you have other game systems right now to play most cross platform games I'd say pass unless there's specific games you want to play on PS4.

3DS

Mario Tennis Open - $12.81
Pokemon X - $16.81
Pokemon Y - $19.81
Luigi Dark Mansion - $19.81
New Super Mario Bros 2 - $19.81
Super Mario 3D Land - $19.81

Black Wii Remote plus - $19.81

The store I'm at has at least 4 of each.

I'm at the store right now but if this has been posted already, plz delete it htz

Dang!!! Pokemon X is a steal for that price. I bought Y a few days ago (for $23) and I've been playing a lot.

You have no shame..
This is a ymmv post, in the last couple like this we get 4 pages of sarcastic responses.

Kickzrockz post good info on the site but I thought this one was going to fill up with "in for 10" and "shipping kills the deals" comments.

I don't even want the game I should have made a lower lowball offer.
Just going for a laugh, Sorry I'll see myself out...

Don't know if this has been posted already but Sam's Club has Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U and also Mario & Sonic at Sochi Wii U for $14.81, they have the sale price marked on the shelf but the game still had the $44.xx price sticker on it. I just picked up a copy of Zelda at the Pearland, TX store and it rang up $14.81.

Don't know if this has been posted already but Sam's Club has Zelda Windwaker HD Wii U and also Mario & Sonic at Sochi Wii U for $14.81, they have the sale price marked on the shelf but the game still had the $44.xx price sticker on it. I just picked up a copy of Zelda at the Pearland, TX store and it rang up $14.81.
Thanks, live extremely close to Pearland. Will stop by Monday to grab me both. Thanks for the heads up. Hope they still have some by then.

Thanks. I think I saw a copy of Wind Waker HD at my local Sam's Club, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow, the soonest I can go.

They were sold out of Windwaker at Pearland store unfortunately. :(

I did grab Mario and Sonic but it ranged up $29.xx but I got it for $13.71 since that was the price advertised in the gaming section. Lady took the sign down so maybe those are over. They had the sign up for $14.81 on Zelda but I left my phone at the house so I couldn't take a pic to try to pm at BB.

bread's done
Back