PS4 is on sale for $360 again at Buy via eBay, brand new. Authorized Sony reseller.

If you purchase from Buy via eBay you will get a packing slip that is identical to if you purchase from Buy's (i.e. rakuten) actual website.

There is nothing to worry about. Someone who wasn't well informed created some hysteria that if you bought from a marketplace like eBay Sony wouldn't honor their 1 year warranty. That doesn't apply to places like Newegg, Best Buy, Toys R Us, Buy, etc. who are already authorized Sony resellers. Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Thank you.
I took the plunge and bought it. Should arrive October 6th. Now to find Shadow of Mordor used before the 6th so I can use my GS B2G1 with Destiny and Diablo.

I used to have both and regretted it, so I sold my PS4. Paying for online services for both was too much for me.

Had both as well but got rid of my Xbox One. The Kinect novelty wears off fast...without the Kinect it's just a less powerful PS4..

But if you already have a next gen console then there is no point in getting another.

If your jumping into next gen and have the choice get a PS4. The games play better, remote play is nice, PS plus is cheaper and is a better value than Xbox live, and game sharing.

I used to have both and regretted it, so I sold my PS4. Paying for online services for both was too much for me.
I brought this up a while ago... it was silly to buy a PS4 last year and even earlier this year. Of course people were going to regret getting it, it had only two games at launch, and then Infamous 3 came out five months later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I brought this up a while ago... it was silly to buy a PS4 last year and even earlier this year. Of course people were going to regret getting it, it had only two games at launch, and then Infamous 3 came out five months later.
still not worth buying either, if you hold off until they have more than a handful of games you will end up getting a much better deal on the console. I imagine there will be some nice packages after this holiday season. I'll keep watching prices and wait for a better deal on both. My wii u is my go to system right now when I'm not on my PC. I didnt think I would ever say that.... but the wii U has some great nintendo titles. 3d world is probably the best mario game ever made

Fan boys aside if I have an xbox one is there any point to a PS4 yet?
I don't see a point to own either one at this point, but at least the bone has Halo and Sunset Overdrive coming if you're into that kinda thing.

PS4 has a bright future with Bloodborne and a couple of exclusives somewhere down the line next year, but nothing of worth until then. Unless you really love watching playing The Last of Us.

I bit on the Sams Club PS4+Infamous+Plus 2nd controller deal earlier this week. or else I'd be on this one. Didn't really need an XB1 AND PS4, but that deal was BF-like for me.

so i got 131.67 in reward points from chase. do i wanna use that for the ps3 for 267.33. or just buy it right away on ebay for 360.99
These kind of posts make no sense to me, credit card rewards can be used as cash to pay credit card bills, i.e. They are real money that you can spend to pay for food and living necessities (except for American Express rewards). Therefore they should not affect entertainment purchase decisions. It's like saying "I have a hundred dollar bill in my pocket should I go ahead and buy a PS4".

These kind of posts make no sense to me, credit card rewards can be used as cash to pay credit card bills, i.e. They are real money that you can spend to pay for food and living necessities (except for American Express rewards). Therefore they should not affect entertainment purchase decisions. It's like saying "I have a hundred dollar bill in my pocket should I go ahead and buy a PS4".
Some people don't have loads of money to waste on entertainment, and so use things such as cashback as their entertainment fund. Maybe he's one of those people, and he's set it aside for just that purpose, as all his other needs are taken care of with his paycheck. Some people treat their cashback as a treat to themselves, and specifically don't use it on those types of needs, as spending on those types of needs is what earned it in the first place.

How did you know that I have $100 in my pocket?? o_O.

I am kind of in the same boat. I am buying pretty much all of my games for the Xbox One simply because I currently have Xbox Live while I don't have any PS+, not to mention all of my US mates mostly play on the Xbox One (whereas my European buddies tend to play PS3/PS4). Ultimately I got a PS4 just for Sony exclusives, but I am definitely considering purchasing future single player games for the PS4. This might be a rather silly question, but does the PS4 also require you to install games to its Harddrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back