Free Steam Key through GMG, XCOM: Enemy Unknown

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 05:46 PM

Last time they did something like this I know there were some issues and they ran out so if you need the game might as well jump in now!

http://blog.playfire...-free-xcom.html

Note that the instructions for the free game will be given AFTER the voting period ends. This does require a little bit of leg work but the reward is such an amazing game!

#2 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:20 PM

I did the voting but it only mentioned being entered into a drawing for an iPad. It didn't mention XCOM at all. They don't notify you about it at all?

#3 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:22 PM

I did the voting but it only mentioned being entered into a drawing for an iPad. It didn't mention XCOM at all. They don't notify you about it at all?

After voting (period) ends, mate. After it ends.

#4 HaloGX

HaloGX

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Right on the page it says they'll direct you how to claim the game once voting has ended.

#5 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Reporting this to Playfire.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#6 CocoCrisps

CocoCrisps

Posted Yesterday, 06:25 PM

sigh i need to create acct for CVG

#7 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

Keep getting errors wit the site anyways. Don't know why I have to click 3 damn times to vote for something. Think I'll just saw screw it and call it a day, I made it 4 votes in.

#8 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

After voting (period) ends, mate. After it ends.

Yeah I know you can't redeem until voting ends. Just a heads-up like "We'll e-mail you soon about how to get your free XCOM" or something would be nice. I guess I'm just paranoid because I couldn't be arsed to do the whole thing.

#9 whitereflection

whitereflection

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:33 PM

Keep getting errors wit the site anyways. Don't know why I have to click 3 damn times to vote for something. Think I'll just saw screw it and call it a day, I made it 4 votes in.

Right? After you choose your nomination, you're led to a page where they puff up the game, you submit the vote, then you have to click to continue voting. Something something queues in Britain.

#10 indef

indef

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 PM

They gave away your choice of Mafia 2 or Civ 5 last year. Worth the clicks, you lazy bastards.

#11 Malkan

Malkan

No, ALL!

• CAG in Training

Posted Yesterday, 07:56 PM

At least this year it didn't time out on every selection.

#12 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

How do they associate voting with Playfire / Steam account? I had to create a CVG account in order to submit the vote, but there wasn't any linking option for the XCOM giveaway.

vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#13 Malkan

Malkan

No, ALL!

• CAG in Training

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

How do they associate voting with Playfire / Steam account? I had to create a CVG account in order to submit the vote, but there wasn't any linking option for the XCOM giveaway.

I don't recall exactly how it worked last year, but I still have the activation email which came from GMG.  I'm assuming you'll get an email from CVG, you log into GMG to confirm, then they'll send you the key.

#14 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM

I don't recall exactly how it worked last year, but I still have the activation email which came from GMG.  I'm assuming you'll get an email from CVG, you log into GMG to confirm, then they'll send you the key.

Can't remember either but that sounds right hahah

#15 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 PM

This is what I am thinking. I was worried once I submitted and thought I screwed up. I wonder how many keys they have...

Join Swagbucks  referral link

Join Bing Rewards referral link

Plus refer your friends and family and increase your points, cash out bucks/points for gift cards

#16 Prezza

Prezza

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:34 AM

too many clicks for another game I may never play... I'll pass.

76561197997710796.png