The Darkness 2 (Xbox 360) $4.99 @ Best Buy

I would play this game for fun again even though I already have the 1000 achievement points.   Love the artstyle and the Darkness powers are great.

I didn't like it as much as the first one but it was still a good game. Definitely recommend it at this price.

Great price. The game is like 10 seconds long but fun.
It only took me 5 seconds :whistle2:

But seriously this game is really fun and it was one of my favorite games of 2012.
That's odd. I must have very shoddy memory because I remember the first gameplay part where you can only shoot being longer than that. Unless I missed some secret where you somehow unlock Chuck Norris and he takes everyone in the game out in ten seconds or less with his ultra powered roundhouse kick.

That's odd. I must have very shoddy memory because I remember the first gameplay part where you can only shoot being longer than that. Unless I missed some secret where you somehow unlock Chuck Norris and he takes everyone in the game out in ten seconds or less with his ultra powered roundhouse kick.
I'm pretty sure I beat the game in something like 5 hours.

Game was never on my radar but checked out the trailer and it looks good. $4.23 after GCU and tax. Now only question is should i play the first Darkness?
Yes. Yes yes yes, yes. Definitely play the first one. The Darkness is one of my favorite 360 games. Great story, voice actors, gameplay, very unique, it has it all. I unfortunately played the second one first because of people on here saying to skip the first one because it wasn't as good, and I instantly regretted it.

However, if you do decide to skip the first one, The Darkness 2 has a 'previously on The Darkness' video you can watch that recaps the first game. But I really recommend playing it yourself.

Edit: The Darkness was made by the same team that made Wolfenstein: The New Order and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, if that helps your decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Yes yes yes, yes. Definitely play the first one. The Darkness is one of my favorite 360 games. Great story, voice actors, gameplay, very unique, it has it all. I unfortunately played the second one first because of people on here saying to skip the first one because it wasn't as good, and I instantly regretted it.

However, if you do decide to skip the first one The Darkness 2 has a 'previously on The Darkness' video you can watch that recaps the first game. But I really recommend playing it yourself.
Thanks! I already made up my mind to add it to my backlog once i saw it's only $4.49 @ GS but now I'm actually hyped for the game.

Pretty easy 1000G if you're into achievements.  Already own a couple copies,but this is a fantastic deal.  I'm always up for a sub-$5 XBox 360 game, especially one that's actually pretty fun to play.

It wasn't a brag post. My son and nephew both REALLY like this one, so it stays in their permanent collections. That's all I meant by it. My son is way more fickle about games than my youngest nephew. Son has maybe twenty games he keeps instead of trading in, nephew has something like 250. Son has specific tastes, nephew will play and like just about anything.

It wasn't a brag post. My son and nephew both REALLY like this one, so it stays in their permanent collections. That's all I meant by it. My son is way more fickle about games than my youngest nephew. Son has maybe twenty games he keeps instead of trading in, nephew has something like 250. Son has specific tastes, nephew will play and like just about anything.
:applause:

Great timing. The original Darkness is like 4th in my backlog order due to it's release year so I'm down to pick up the sequel already. Not sure when I'll get to it but wont see a much better price for a new copy.

4 player co-op? I always thought this was a single player only type game.

Wow, $5?!?  The first one was quite good (as are Starbreeze' other games) so I'm sure the reviews about this one being great are true too.

True. You'd think they'd at least have an option to ship it to the store.
not really that option is getting less and less of a option as time go by since about 8 months ago best buy started not stocking there warehouse as much as before and instead shipping items for online orders from other stores that has the item in stock.

Hard to imagine but it appears I have not started the first one, so lol ordered and added to my backlog. Either gonna play the first game or get Metro 2033 started.

I played th e first one like crazy. Awesome story. Although, i felt a part 2 was not necessary. I own both, minus that part 2 is sitting in my shelf sealed. I wonder if it would be worth opening my sealed copy. Decisions to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to my best buy last night.  Even though the best buy website said there were no copies in the area, my best buy had 2.  Huzzah.

bread's done
Back