Will you upgrade your PS4 HDD?

mackie619

CAGiversary!
I've had the PS4 since May and am already down to about 40 GB left. I feel like that is way too low too soon. There are demos and games in there that I can delete to get back some space but my question is: Should I upgrade to a 1 TB hdd now? Or should I play the "what game don't I play anymore" deletion game and hold out for a 2-3 TB hdd? Price is clearly a concern for me as a 1 TB can be sought for under $65.

Last edited by a moderator:
If price is a concern keep deleting stuff you don't play.  You will use up 1TB very quickly, hold out for at least 2TB

I had a launch system and bought the Destiny bundle to replace it because I wanted a white one. That would have been a good opportunity to swap hard drives before I downloaded everything again, but I still decided to wait. I was eyeing a 2TB drive on Amazon for $100, but decided I would rather wait until it is actually a problem and the drives are cheaper. As long as I keep deleting installs for games I no longer have, the current hard drive should last long enough for me.

I bought the 2tb Seagate Slim back up plus and removed it and installed it. The drive only is on Amazon for a little over $100 now. Don't think they make a 4tb and this is the only 2tb drive I know of.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momentus-SpinPoint-ST2000LM003-Notebook/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1412597343&sr=1-1&keywords=Seagate+2tb

I'd recommend doing this ASAP and it's super simple. Playstation actually makes it really easy to upgrade your HDD. There's a few guides online. If you look in the ps4 thread, Someone else and myself both detailed our installs.

I am not aware of any 4 TB drives in the proper form factor.  I believe 2 TB is the limit.  I am waiting until I move and can properly utilize my PS4.....until then it is not needed.

I'd recommend doing this ASAP and it's super simple. Playstation actually makes it really easy to upgrade your HDD. There's a few guides online. If you look in the ps4 thread, Someone else and myself both detailed our installs.
I got these instructions for this hard drive from a thread a couple months ago when it was being discussed for anyone interested.

I have a fast enough internet connection to re-download digital content and the PS4 installs from disk really quick, too. Deleting stuff off the stock hard drive is fine for me. I will most likely be trading in my launch PS4 at some point in the future, for a revised/special edition/slim PS4, by then Sony will have larger stock hard drives.

500gb is also enough for me. Don't really feel like paying extra for a hard drive. I just delete anything i don't need to make room for new stuff.

bread's done
Back