Refer a Friend to Upgrade to Xbox One, Split 50,000 reward points

scottsteuck

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I just received an email from Xbox with a pretty cool offer: Refer a friend to upgrade to Xbox One, and both of you split 50,000 reward points. Here's the email I'm supposed to send out to a friend to do this:

Your friend JohnTKreese upgraded to Xbox One – and they’re inviting you to do the same. Buy an Xbox One now and you’ll earn 25,000 Rewards Credits ($25 cash value), plus we’ll give JohnTKreese 25,000 Credits of their own just for referring you!

Here’s how it works: When you upgrade to Xbox One and join Xbox Live Rewards, 25,000 Rewards Credits will be converted into your country's local currency and deposited into your Microsoft account. From there, you can use Rewards to get the stuff you want in the Xbox Store, like games, movies, TV shows, and more.

So why not reward yourself? Be JohnTKreese's first friend to grab an Xbox One between October 7 and October 26 and join in the fun!

Enjoy,

Xbox Live Rewards Squad

Fulfill this offer in 4 simple steps:

• 1. Sign up for Xbox Live Rewards
  • 2. Purchase an Xbox One
  • 3. Log in to your Xbox One with your Gamertag
  • 4. Be the first friend and you'll enjoy 25,000 Rewards Credits!
This is only good for the first friend that does this (I can send this out to five GamerTags). I don't have any friends making an upgrade soon, but I'm happy to work with someone here to do this. Send me your gamertag if you are planning on buying an XB1, I'll follow you on Xbox, and then send you this offer. I'm not sure how many dollars this amounts to, but it would be free money if you are already planning on doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how they know someone bought an X one. I could refer my brother and have him log into Xbox live with my Xbox one.

Hey guys,

Just got this in my Inbox today!!

Experience Xbox One with friends, earn 25,000 Rewards Credits.
Invite your friends to experience the next generation of games and entertainment, and you'll both earn 25,000 Rewards Credits! Simply refer your friends; if they pick up an Xbox One console between October 7 and October 26, you'll both be eligible for your Reward!* But be sure they hurry! 

Not sure if anyone is interested, or looking to buy an Xbox One before the 26th.  If interested PM me your gamertag, and I can send you a referal link.

[quote name="Snipes1332" post="12147921" timestamp="1412809394"]Hey guys,

Experience Xbox One with friends, earn 25,000 Rewards Credits.[background=rgb(58,58,58)]
Invite your friends to experience the next generation of games and entertainment, and you'll both earn 25,000 Rewards Credits! Simply refer your friends; if they pick up an Xbox One console between October 7 and October 26, you'll both be eligible for your Reward!* But be sure they hurry! [/background]

[background=rgb(58,58,58)]
Not sure if anyone is interested, or looking to buy an Xbox One before the 26th. If interested PM me your gamertag, and I can send you a referal link.[/background]
[/quote]

I got this too, but how do you actually do this?

Hey guys,

Experience Xbox One with friends, earn 25,000 Rewards Credits.
Invite your friends to experience the next generation of games and entertainment, and you'll both earn 25,000 Rewards Credits! Simply refer your friends; if they pick up an Xbox One console between October 7 and October 26, you'll both be eligible for your Reward!* But be sure they hurry!

Not sure if anyone is interested, or looking to buy an Xbox One before the 26th. If interested PM me your gamertag, and I can send you a referal link.
Wrong forum to post in should be posted here in the referral section http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/57-referral-central/

You have to have your friend's gamertag and have them link an Xbox One to their gamertag during that time period.  That is what I got from reading all the info.  I just broke down and got an Xbox One last week, and got the email today.

[quote name="Snipes1332" post="12147930" timestamp="1412809622"]You have to have your friend's gamertag and have them link an Xbox One to their gamertag during that time period. That is what I got from reading all the info. I just broke down and got an Xbox One last week, and got the email today.[/quote]

ok thanks

If anyone else is interested in doing this. Please pm me your gamertag, because it's basically first come first serve on this. I'll even try and arrange to ship a couple more pts your way if possible. Thanks. :)

If anybody wants to do this pm me, just remember you must sign up for Xbox Live rewards first. Pm me and I'll invite you so we can both enjoy 25,000 points($25 XBL credit) 

Make sure you are going to buy an XB1 by 10/26

-gone

I also got this and have not reffered anyone yet so if anyone is interested PM me your gamertag and make sure your signed up for Xbox rewards and that your going to be getting an Xbox One by 10/26.

If anybody wants to do this pm me, just remember you must sign up for Xbox Live rewards first. Pm me and I'll invite you so we can both enjoy 25,000 points($25 XBL credit)

Make sure you are going to buy an XB1 by 10/26
Do they need to sign up Xbox Live Rewards before or after getting the invite?

I just tried to add someone who was signed up for Xbox Live Rewards and it said they were inelligible, and these are required steps from the instructions it says you must complete these after getting invite:

1. Sign up for Xbox Live Rewards
2. Purchase an Xbox One
3. Log in to your Xbox One with your Gamertag
4. Be the first friend and you'll enjoy 25,000 Rewards Credits!

So it may be that you can,t have rewards account already. Not positive though, anyone have any luck with this that wants to share what worked for them would be appreciated.

And i am still looking for someone to refer, hit me up if you want to try and figure it out with me.
Thanks,
TJ

Has this actually worked for anyone? I referred my friends and made them log in to their new XB1s and nothing comes out for me. It still shows pending invites...

[quote name="SherlockLogic" post="12162110" timestamp="1413391602"]They are supposed to sign up for Xbox Live Rewards before signing in to their Xbox One.[/quote]

That's the way we did it and no pending rewards come out. 😔

The person i referred just finished last step last night it is still showing pending, but hopefully it will update soon, has anyone thats succsefully done this got a time frame from how long it took to finalize?

[quote name="Bigbadwolfe911" post="12164236" timestamp="1413466799"]The person i referred just finished last step last night it is still showing pending, but hopefully it will update soon, has anyone thats succsefully done this got a time frame from how long it took to finalize?[/quote]

My friends tried the steps like it says in the rewards page but nothing shows pending. It just says I invited him and it says pending. But no rewards pending.. How do you do it?

I need to know something. 
I sent my Nephew a Invite to the program.  He bought a Xbox One October 11.
The issue is whenever he was signing in he wasn't paying attention and created a new account.  He thought Xbox One let you pick a new name whenever you join if you wanted to.  So I told him to sign in to his real name and register his Xbox One under his real name.  Will we still beable to split the points or did he screw up and it's not going to allow us to do so?   

[quote name="Bigbadwolfe911" post="12166404" timestamp="1413554664"]No pebnding points either. Mine just says:

Pending friend requests[/quote]

I've checked several times and no change. 😔

If anyone has just gotten an xbox one and wants to do this, or plans on doing this in the next few days I got the email and will gladly share.  Just shoot me a PM.

So apparently we won't get the points until on or around November 15th... what a load of crock -_-, now I won't be able to use the points towards buying the master chief collection :/. which is why I wanted the points in the first place for

BTW, for the people who have messaged me about doing this, someone already referred me  sorry

So apparently we won't get the points until on or around November 15th... what a load of crock -_-, now I won't be able to use the points towards buying the master chief collection :/. which is why I wanted the points in the first place for

BTW, for the people who have messaged me about doing this, someone already referred me sorry
Did you recieve some sort of notification of this? I reffered someone about a week ago, and it still says pending?

[quote name="InfernoCage" post="12169762" timestamp="1413682009"]So apparently we won't get the points until on or around November 15th... what a load of crock -_-, now I won't be able to use the points towards buying the master chief collection :/. which is why I wanted the points in the first place for

BTW, for the people who have messaged me about doing this, someone already referred me sorry[/quote]

Does it show in your pending rewards? I tried it several times with different friends and nothing.

Did you recieve some sort of notification of this? I reffered someone about a week ago, and it still says pending?
I referred him, I don't think anybody will get any kind of notification. We did it correctly, mine still says pending too. If everything went right, you should have your points sometime after the promotion has ended.

This is very last minute, but someone please send MC Spendsalot a referral! I have my Xbox One waiting at home to hookup!

I'll take the first one I get.. thanks!

Not sure if there is a limit to how many people you can refer, I was going to have a friend to refer, but he won't be getting an :xb1: until the holidays more than likely, so if anyone wants to pm me their GT, 25 dollars to each of us, win win. :)

My 25,000 points has been added into my account and the person I reffered has also gotten their 25,000 points. So check your accounts hopefully you all have gotten yours as well.

My 25,000 points has been added into my account and the person I reffered has also gotten their 25,000 points. So check your accounts hopefully you all have gotten yours as well.
When did you do this? Nothing has showed up in my account yet.

EDIT:

It shows up on the rewards, not my actual account. Good deal!

Yeah mine are still pending deposit on the 6th I think but I was just glad to see they were pending as it had only shown pending request previously.

Invited 2 friends each got the 25K credits, but I only got 25K was thinking it was 25K per each friend.

BTW I saw microsoft pushed the deposit from the 6th to the 20th.

Invited 2 friends each got the 25K credits, but I only got 25K was thinking it was 25K per each friend.

BTW I saw microsoft pushed the deposit from the 6th to the 20th.
Nope it was only 1 25K credit per account. And I noticed mine said the 20th now too, thought maybe I had misread it before but I guess not.

Yeah mine shows pushed to 11/20 and I can't request an early deposit now.  I didn't do it the other day because the 6th was right around the corner, now I gotta wait.

I just received anew offer from Xbox a Rewards in which I n refer new Xbox owners so if your thinking of getting an Xbox One - Let me Help you get $25 in Xbox Live Credit for Free! (Expires March 8, 2015)

To do so send me a Friend Request through Xbox Live, my Gamertag is BigBadWolfe911 and then PM me and I will send you the referral. 

Here are screenshots with details straight from Xbox's site:

bread's done
Back