Alien Anthology Blu-ray 24.99 Amazon

The packaging is awful! "Oh please Fox, can I have a box set where the discs are hard to get out and get scratched up every time I take then in or out? What's that? I CAN?!? Cheers lads!"

This is up there with the Indiana Jones and Weeds Complete Series as some of the worst packaging ever.  BTW, Best Buy also has this for 24.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
The packaging in no way sucks.
Ignoring the fact that cardboard always scratches blu-rays eventually (if nothing else, the slightest spec of dust between the disc and the cardboard will scratch even the most "robust" blu-ray"), it's just a cardboard book with a few rather low quality picures..... one of which was backwards. It's pretty damn obvious this "case" was just shat out in the quickest, lowest budgeted way possible. The only way I could think of it being any cheaper is if they just slid each disc into those little white envelopes.

My first copy of this set came with a broken copy of Aliens, because the manufacturer scratched it getting it into the cardboard sleeve (or at least got some dust into it when he put it into the sleeve). I returned it and my 2nd set ALSO came with several scratched discs.... but at least they still work. I cut my losses there and just bought real cases for these discs, but this + the Indiana Jones set is where I learned to avoid all cardboard releases that aren't dirt cheap AND easy to return/exchange in the future.

Seriously, what's the appeal you people see in cardboard packaging? It's a few shitty stills from the movie, it's not an artbook or anything. Why wouldn't a standard case suffice for you people?

If you are scratching BDs, you're doing something wrong. DVDs are prone to scratching, but BDs are much more robust.
....no, I'm not. You seem to imply that I'm using Freddy Krueger gloves or Wolverine Claws or something to get the disc out. It's a fucking cardboard sleeve, how do you think I'm getting it out? I don't know where the idea that blu rays are made of some magical adamantium come from, because they aren't. Even the discs that use the good scratch-proof coating are far from scratch resistant. Doubly so if you are rubbing it against cardboard everytime you remove/replace the disc.

Last edited:
....no, I'm not. You seem to imply that I'm using Freddy Krueger gloves or Wolverine Claws or something to get the disc out. It's a fucking cardboard sleeve, how do you think I'm getting it out? I don't know where the idea that blu rays are made of some magical adamantium come from, because they aren't. Even the discs that use the good scratch-proof coating are far from scratch resistant. Doubly so if you are rubbing it against cardboard everytime you remove/replace the disc.
+1 for creativity. Not going to get into an argument, but we've definitely had different experiences with this set.

Personally, I like to foil underlay of this case. Check it out under low light, and the alien reflections really pop.

+1 for creativity. Not going to get into an argument, but we've definitely had different experiences with this set.

Personally, I like to foil underlay of this case. Check it out under low light, and the alien reflections really pop.
That's all well and good, I just don't like people telling me I'm doing it wrong like I'm some drooling ape with a single digit IQ who can't figure out how to slide a disc out of a cardboard sleeve. Anytime I (or anyone else) ever discuss the detriments of cardboard packaging in discs, there's always one who likes to imply that..... until it happens to them of course.

I didn't think I was being snarky, just blunt like shovel. Cardboard packaging for important movies is a sin, I really wish I'd waited for this bad boy now:

bread's done
Back