So how draconian is eBay in regards to closing and then opening a new account there?

Kagutsuchi

Banned
I made a few selling mistakes on eBay and ran into some... people with questionable intelligence. So I have some minor negatives and a major selling limit. I can't deal with it so I want to make a few eBay account. If I close my old one and make a new one with the same information, will they have a problem? I know that Amazon has a major problem with this, but what about eBay? Will they close my account if I do that?

I rotate ebay accounts. Use my 2nd account for riskier items, where I dont have to worry about scammers trying to take advantage of my perfect feedback.

I set up my 2nd account with my middle name and a different credit card, and its never been closed. Like any new account, I had to get over that initial selling limit, but now like on my main account I have access to my money right away. 

I'm surprised they allow this at all. I know their system examines all account info and even if you use a different card/bank account whatever your address always give it away. I know there are different people that live in the same household obviously but still they're pretty uptight about that stuff, especially if it involves getting involved in auctions as it will flat out disable you from participating.

I rotate ebay accounts. Use my 2nd account for riskier items, where I dont have to worry about scammers trying to take advantage of my perfect feedback.

I set up my 2nd account with my middle name and a different credit card, and its never been closed. Like any new account, I had to get over that initial selling limit, but now like on my main account I have access to my money right away.

I'm surprised they allow this at all. I know their system examines all account info and even if you use a different card/bank account whatever your address always give it away. I know there are different people that live in the same household obviously but still they're pretty uptight about that stuff, especially if it involves getting involved in auctions as it will flat out disable you from participating.
Thanks for the helpful responses. I guess I'll just open a new eBay and Paypal account with a new bank account and keep the old one open just in case. I don't even really care if they ban me because I don't buy much anymore and this account is no longer viable for selling, so I don't have much of a choice.

I would like some more users to chime in with their experiences, though.

You should have just stopped your question at "is eBay".
Not helpful. Though funny.

I hope so.
Thank you for going to hell.

You can have multiple eBay accounts. You can have multiple PayPal accounts. That is fine (to an extent). They will be able to tie them together though and if one gets banned they will eventually all get banned.

Also keep in mind that if you create a second or third eBay account to sell "riskier" items and that accounts gets banned or "purged" they will eventually purge your account(s) in good standing.

keep in mind new accounts have seller limits and likely ebay holds funds until item is delivered...

at least thats how it works for my friend who started selling last month

bread's done
Back