Owning both PS4 & Xbox One

Hush

CAGiversary!
Something I've been thinking about lately (first world problems/I need to get a life)...

I own both the Xbox One and PS4. As a new father, I just don't have as much time to game as I used to, but still would like to have at least one current gen console around the house. If I could only keep one, it would be the Xbox One for the following reasons:

1. Better all around console for media functionality - I like the voice commands and TV integration, the ability to switch between different things quickly, and the Plex app just came out.

2. I like the controller better

3. I'm more invested in the Xbox ecosystem at this point

4. Social - most of my friends are "Xbox guys"

I realize that the PS4 has edged out the Xbone in most head to head graphics comparisons, but the difference is negligible to me. Plus, I don't like when I own both consoles I feel like I have to wait and see which version of a multiplat game is better, instead of simply picking up the game I want on the only console I own and not worrying about minor differences in the graphics.

I'm considering selling my PS4 and sticking with the Xbone for now.

The only real PS4 exclusive I'm excited for is Uncharted 4 but I'm sure I could just watch a Let's Play of it when the time comes.

What do you think, will I regret selling my PS4? Should I keep it?

I'd say that if there's only one exclusive on the PS4 you want, then keeping the console is kind of pointless. You'll obviously play the multiplayer games on the Xbox, since that's where your friends are, so that also give the Xbox a clear advantage. Personally, I don't want a PS4 because The Order: 1886 is the only game which has intrigued me at all, but that's me. You sound like you're in a similar position, but with Uncharted as your one game (and that's not even close to release).

I'd say sell the PS4, if you can get a decent price. Then, when the game you want is out in a year, look for a price drop on the base console or see if there's a bundle with that game (Uncharted 3 got one).

Thanks for the response. I'm with you on your final point, I figured I could pick up the inevitable Uncharted console bundle when it comes out (if I even care enough at that point) and then go back and pick up the other handful of PS exclusives that may interest me for cheap if I wish.

The only thing stopping me is I've regretted selling and re-buying consoles in the past. In this case I'm pretty sure I could almost make 100% of my money back if I sold the PS4 since I got it for relatively cheap to begin with.

bread's done
Back