Gamestop: Some games removed from PSN still available at Gamestop.com (and a few other "deals")

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was comparing the prices of digital games on Gamestop.com to store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and noticed there were certain games that weren't coming up. After I got the list of what I could find, I checked PSN and sure enough they are missing from the store. Hopefully someone can find a game that they are interested in. I also found a few other "deals," which are games that are less than PSN.

Games not on PSN
Gungrave Overdose (PS2 Classic) $9.99
Raiden III (PS2 Classic) $9.99
Wanted Corp. $9.99
Gatling Gears $9.99
Ring of Red (PS2 Classic) $9.99 (credit to ECM)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2 Classic) $29.99 (Credit to Crankshaft)

Other Deals
PS3
Section 8 Prejudice $9.99 PSN $14.99
Cars 2: The Video Game $14.99 PSN $19.99
Gravity Crash $7.99 PSN $9.99
Sega Bass Fishing $4.99 PSN $9.99
PSP
Prinny: Can I really be the hero? $7.99
Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! $9.99 (credit to GuardianWolf.)
If you guys see anything else like this please let me know in the comments and I will gladly update the OP.

Note:
Gotham City Imposters is available to purchase at Gamestop.com for PS3, but this game was shutdown when GameSpy's servers shutdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for a GameStop employee to sell these codes at the register?  Whether they can find it in the register system or not is a separate matter, I know, but can they?

I've never bought a Sony Digital Download card before, but I take it that they are not like the Xbox Live cards that only give you Microsoft Credit to use towards the game on the card, these cards contain a code for the specific game?

I've never bought a Sony Digital Download card before, but I take it that they are not like the Xbox Live cards that only give you Microsoft Credit to use towards the game on the card, these cards contain a code for the specific game?
Indeed. These codes are for specific games.

I know due to a certain vita hack that games end up getting pulled from PSN prematurely... but I don't believe that is the case here... so why are these games not available via PSN?

Tempted to get Ring of Red. So this runs on any PS3 (not just 60gig system)?
Yep. It's a "PS2 Classic" so it's made to be emulated on any PS3 hardware.

Does anyone know if these purchases would contribute to the "Spend $100 in October" promo? I would guess not, but I was just wondering if anybody was sure.

Yep. It's a "PS2 Classic" so it's made to be emulated on any PS3 hardware.

Does anyone know if these purchases would contribute to the "Spend $100 in October" promo? I would guess not, but I was just wondering if anybody was sure.
I'm as close to 100% sure that they are not because if you buy a PS+ sub from say Gamestop or Best Buy it doesn't count, but if you buy a $50 PSN card and buy the PS+ Sub on PSN, it will count.

I had no idea Simpsons Arcade and X-Men were delisted from PSN. Just did some googling to make sure. After all the interneting i do every day it sure would have been nice to get a notification from sony or gaming websites about it being delisted so i couldve had a chance to buy them without jumping through hoops. Which is what Im about to do. :)

I had no idea Simpsons Arcade and X-Men were delisted from PSN. Just did some googling to make sure. After all the interneting i do every day it sure would have been nice to get a notification from sony or gaming websites about it being delisted so i couldve had a chance to buy them without jumping through hoops. Which is what Im about to do. :)
What hoops are you jumping through if you don't mind my asking?

What hoops are you jumping through if you don't mind my asking?
Going to gamestop to see if they can print a code (nope) asking people who have the game to gameshare, looking on other PSN region stores and buying their respective PSN cards to purchase the game (games have been removed on all PSN stores worldwide). Searching Forums, ebay, amazon for digital codes.

Tempted by Prinny 2 but is that code just for the PSP itself or will the code work on my Vita?

I just bought the Prinny games and downloaded them onto my Vita this morning, so yeah they work.

Disgaea Infinite and the two Disgaea PSP games are also cheaper on Gamestop than on PSN, as well as the Mana Khemia PSP port.

bread's done
Back