How Do I Transfer Games To My Playstation TV

Marbles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
There are a bunch of PS1 games that work with the Vita and PSTV.. but I had to originally download them onto the PS3, then transfer them to the Vita.

I am trying to figure out how I'd do that with the PSTV, short of putting a card in my Vita.

Yeah, I was wondering about this too, but maybe in different terms..

I downloaded PvZ from my list onto the PStv. I know my save on the Vita is backed up to the cloud w/ PS+, so before starting the game, I clicked the file save cloud icon on the PStv and the only option was for me to upload (a save which didn't exist yet) not to download anything.

And also in reverse, if I start over on the PStv, does that get uploaded to the cloud and somehow overwrite my progress on the Vita, or does the PStv carve out its own data space in the cloud? (which btw, I'm getting very filled up close to the 1gb limit with damn PS4 saves, was shocked when I once saw I had 15mb left.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an older 32gb card that was originally in my Vita, and had a lot of games on it (I now use a 64gb card in the Vita, saved the 32gb card for the PSTV).  When I put the 32 into my PSTV, it recognized all the games already on the card (but didn't carry over the folders).  So all the games were there, but some of them don't work on the PSTV, they give an error when starting up (not supported).

On a side note, I'm assuming you have a separate Vita memory card for your PSTV?  If not, you really need one.  The PSTV internal memory is only 1gb, not enough to hold much at all.  Just get a new memory card to be dedicated to the PSTV, use Content Manager to backup your existing games to a PC, and restore those games to the new memory card, then put the new card into the PSTV.

I had an older 32gb card that was originally in my Vita, and had a lot of games on it (I now use a 64gb card in the Vita, saved the 32gb card for the PSTV). When I put the 32 into my PSTV, it recognized all the games already on the card (but didn't carry over the folders). So all the games were there, but some of them don't work on the PSTV, they give an error when starting up (not supported).

On a side note, I'm assuming you have a separate Vita memory card for your PSTV? If not, you really need one. The PSTV internal memory is only 1gb, not enough to hold much at all. Just get a new memory card to be dedicated to the PSTV, use Content Manager to backup your existing games to a PC, and restore those games to the new memory card, then put the new card into the PSTV.
I got 32 gig for my Vita.

The only thing baffling me, there are 3 games on my PS3 I can't transfer to my Vita or TV.

The one I really wanted to play was Blood Omen.

Least I got Silent Hill, MGS1, and one more (still sick so I can't remember well)

bread's done
Back