Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Best Buy AD 10/26 - 11/1 [Gamers Club Unlocked for $30 with purchase of any new game $39.99+]

• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#841 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 06:27 PM

So it has been confirmed that if you put down $5 towards Sunset Overdrive, you can still get $30 for GCU when you're paying off the game?

#842 Claus DuBois

Claus DuBois

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:13 PM

I'm not anywhere remotely close to a Costco, it was just an observation that I can't use my Wal-Mart or Best Buy credit on eneloops, despite my impending need for them.

Use your best buy gift cards / certificates to purchase Amazon Kindle gift card (I think they come in $25 & $50) at best buy store. Apply them to your Amazon account & buy your eneloops.

#843 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:15 PM

Use your best buy gift cards / certificates to purchase Amazon Kindle gift card (I think they come in $25 & $50) at best buy store. Apply them to your Amazon account & buy your eneloops.

Best Buy stopped carrying Amazon cards. If you get lucky and you're store still has some left they will sell them but they dont restock them anymore.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#844 chnandler_bong

chnandler_bong

There are...no strings on me

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Yes, I just got sick of the same, dumb question that's answered on every page, so I thought I'd let him learn the hard way.

No offense, but it's probably better to not reply at all than to reply with misinformation...

However, this thread could stand a FAQ section in the OP.

However, people sure could learn to read...................

ach.png

xkcd comics: Zealous Autoconfig | RTFM | Borders | A random comic strip

Start a new OneDrive cloud storage account with 30.5 GB free using my referral link!  :arrow: https://onedrive.live.com/?invref=afc51643977efa00&invsrc=90.  Let me know if you use my referral and get a free Vudu credit, UV movie, or game DLC!

#845 Pig

Pig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 07:45 PM

That's only off the top of my head. If I went thru my order history I would get more. Madden last gen was boomerang a few weeks ago. Buy it for $31.99 then trade it in for $44.

So in these instances how do you know? I see where the TIV is $40+10% but i'm assuming there was a sale for last gen that you took advantage of and locked in the price somehow? Can you break it down alitte more or go into more detail?

What I see on madden is:

-$31.99 - purchase 

+$44 - TIV 

$12 x 6 = $72

+152 x 6 = 912 points or $9.12 

If those all had $10 certs for pre-order/purchase +$60

Grand total earning on that transaction = $141-ish

Do you just take the initial hit on the purchase of the 6 copies ($190ish) and roll that into a never ending supply of free rentals and a growing balance of credit until you want to buy something large?

#846 Lil Frier

Lil Frier

Posted Yesterday, 08:28 PM

No offense, but it's probably better to not reply at all than to reply with misinformation...

However, this thread could stand a FAQ section in the OP.

However, people sure could learn to read...................

Oh, I know. I usually don't, and let someone else take it. However, after 17 pages and probably 25 iterations of the question, I couldn't resist.

#847 no658ea3

no658ea3

Come at me Bro

• CAG Veteran

Posted Yesterday, 08:32 PM

So in these instances how do you know? I see where the TIV is $40+10% but i'm assuming there was a sale for last gen that you took advantage of and locked in the price somehow? Can you break it down alitte more or go into more detail?

What I see on madden is:
-$31.99 - purchase
+$44 - TIV
$12 x 6 = $72
+152 x 6 = 912 points or $9.12
If those all had $10 certs for pre-order/purchase +$60
Grand total earning on that transaction = $141-ish

Do you just take the initial hit on the purchase of the 6 copies ($190ish) and roll that into a never ending supply of free rentals and a growing balance of credit until you want to buy something large?

I used existing gift cards and traded those in for new gift cards. No initial investment. Just $12 a copy plus points. Not the best but BB credit to BB credit. This was back in mid September.

jac522.png

#848 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

My wallet is ready.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

Points take 30 days to go through. You still earn points for price matching. $1= 1 point. Sometimes people end up with multiple accounts. I recommend finding out what your Member ID # is and sticking to that one. Also using the my best buy card in store ( the one with the member id and the barcode)

Source: I am an BB employee. 

Points post after 15 days now, although promos like the $10 preorder can sometimes take up to 20.  Source: my points going through after two weeks for the past year without fail.

So it has been confirmed that if you put down $5 towards Sunset Overdrive, you can still get $30 for GCU when you're paying off the game?

Yup, since it'll be treated a normal transaction.  The situation this deal doesn't work with is trying to pay off the preorder of a game that comes out after 11/1 and get the discounted GCU; it won't work since putting down money for a preorder isn't considered a regular transaction and thus won't work with promos.

uc.png

#849 LonelyBacteria

LonelyBacteria

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM

I'm glad Bayonetta 2 didn't come with anything extra so I can get it for this and forget about gamestop

#850 ccanfield1

ccanfield1

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

I'm so getting this tomorrow !

#851 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 PM

I used existing gift cards and traded those in for new gift cards. No initial investment. Just $12 a copy plus points. Not the best but BB credit to BB credit. This was back in mid September.

That was glorious and I did the same (even better when buying them the cashier only scanned 5 Maddens instead of 6)

Garrus_Lannister.png

#852 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:56 AM

Will I get my GCU discount when I go to pick up Sunset Overdrive though it's on the same transaction for buying GCU?

#853 alextastic

alextastic

keepin' it real.

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 12:58 AM

Will I get my GCU discount when I go to pick up Sunset Overdrive though it's on the same transaction for buying GCU?

Yes.

Also, I hate this thread now.

#854 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 01:00 AM

Yes.

Also, I hate this thread now.

Thank you.

And, I'm sorry?

#855 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:31 AM

if it's a online order and pick up in store = no pre order in store with it to be paid off yes

#856 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 02:54 AM

I might have to get back onto GCU. I was looking for a deal on Bayonetta 2 anyway

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#857 imme2007

imme2007

CAG Ultra Noob

• CAGiversary!

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

I went today to preorder SSO and i signed up for the free gamers club but I dont see anything about it,I also dont see anything about my preorder in mybestbuy account,did I do it right?

on my best buy account I see no mention of gamers club and i see no page made for gamers club login,how do I know I have it? does it auto merge with my best buy? also in my best buy I seen no mention of my preorder,does it usually say anything about preorders?

thanks

EDIT:I found my gamers club in my best buy but still dont know about the preorder, should it be showing up anywhere?

#858 guessed

guessed

Posted Today, 03:30 AM

if it's a online order and pick up in store = no pre order in store with it to be paid off yes

If it were an online order for in-store pickup, it couldn't be the same transaction as purchasing GCU.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#859 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted Today, 04:01 AM

I went today to preorder SSO and i signed up for the free gamers club but I dont see anything about it,I also dont see anything about my preorder in mybestbuy account,did I do it right?

on my best buy account I see no mention of gamers club and i see no page made for gamers club login,how do I know I have it? does it auto merge with my best buy? also in my best buy I seen no mention of my preorder,does it usually say anything about preorders?

thanks

EDIT:I found my gamers club in my best buy but still dont know about the preorder, should it be showing up anywhere?

If you pre ordered in store it won't show up online until you pick it up