Uplay Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity / Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition $64.99 and Steelbook Only deals (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I know this is a MSRP "deal." but I figured I'd post for awareness sake. I think the steelbook looks pretty badass and I know a lot of us are suckers for them.  Link The sooner you preorder the earlier you can play Ubisoft's spin to win game. More details below.

Far Cry 4 Steelbook only

Far Cry 4 Steelbook Edition

Assassin Creed Unity Steelbook only
(Credit to YBX87 for the additional finds.)

Uplay Exclusive Offer The Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook edition is only available on the Uplay Shop.
Limited Quantities Available. Order today!
  • Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook Edition includes:
  • Exclusive Assassin's Creed Unity Steelbook (illustrated by Tony Moore)
  • Assassin's Creed Unity official soundtrack
  • Assassin's Creed Unity art book
  • Assassin's Creed Unity game (PC, Xbox One, PS4)
  •  
Pre-order Now and Get
| FREE SPIN TO WIN CODE |
Every single week through launch, Assassin’s Creed is giving away incredible prizes. For a chance to win, go to AssassinsCreed.com/play and spin the Guillotine wheel and try to hit the jackpot.

Every Friday brand new prizes will be given away and you will get 5 new spins and chances to win.

Offer #1 - Play the Spin to Win Game!
Pre-order early and don’t a miss a single week because once a prize is gone, it’s gone forever.

Prizes Include:
• Exotic trips – Paris, Ubisoft Montreal, Comic-Con
• Games and digital content
• Exclusive apparel and gear
• Home Entertainment Systems
• And more

Product Description
Paris, 1789. The French Revolution turns a once-magnificent city into a place of terror and chaos. Its cobblestone streets run red with the blood of commoners who dared to rise up against the oppressive aristocracy. As the nation tears itself apart, a young man named Arno will embark on an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the Revolution. His pursuit will throw him into the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation, and transform him into a true Master Assassin.

Introducing Assassin’s Creed® Unity, the next-gen evolution of the blockbuster franchise powered by an all-new game engine. From the storming of the Bastille to the execution of King Louis XVI, experience the French Revolution as never before, and help the people of France carve an entirely new destiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get it if they didn't charge me about $82 for next day makes me wanna spend the extra $50 and get the collector's edition.

who handles their shipping/ order? digital river?

i was right, it is digital river. so no way in hell i am giving them a single penny. i wouldn't even spit on them if they were on fire

Wow. That steelbook is perty. Like others, I would absolutely purchase that as a standalone item. I might even hit up ebay after the game launches. But no, I will be grabbing my copy in-store.

Hey OP, take your non-deal post to HDN where they slobber all over Steelbook cases.  J/K! :D

Thanks for the reminder to register my five losses on the Spin & Win this week.

FYI, if anyone is interested I have a few extra pre-order codes for AC:U so you can take part in the Spin & Win "sweepstakes" too.  Send me a PM if you are interested.  Gone.

Ugh...there's a Far Cry 4 steelbook edition as well.  I am very annoyed they didn't include these in the CEs of each respective game.

Where? I tried removing just the game from the cart and it takes away the steelbook as well despite the listed $12.99 price.
i just posted it

What are the chances of getting this the day it releases if I were to pre order today?
I would say pretty poor given my past orders with Uplay and Digital River. Even if you pay for the overnight shipping, it still usually takes them a day or two after release to process the order.

if i preorder just the steelbook alone is it pretty easy to cancel before release date if i change my mind? and is the funds charged right now or when it ships? i never ordered from them before so have no idea

if i preorder just the steelbook alone is it pretty easy to cancel before release date if i change my mind? and is the funds charged right now or when it ships? i never ordered from them before so have no idea
not if you are dealing with digital river, because that would make too much sense.

not if you are dealing with digital river, because that would make too much sense.
yea im skipping it anyhow now. I preordered the CE for $60 at best buy and like this steelbook since the CE dont come with a steelbook but after Shipping and taxes my total is almost double what the item price is.

That art style looks like a cartoon drawn in ghetto 3D glasses colors as a 'rad swag gamers' Penny Arcade collaboration. Or is it just me seeing this and feeling so sure about not liking physical mass produced cases anymore?

I'm trying to find a Uplay promo code, but can't find anything.  Anybody have one that's working?

Nice find, OP.  This is a nice little special edition for AC for the price. 

That's a cool steelbook. I love the one I got from the black flag ce
Exactly why I'm not buying this. Ubi once again is screwing customers. The steelbook was included last year with the $130 CE. This year it's a $12 plus shipping add-on.
Wait, are you not buying it because it's a cool SB or because he loves his from ACIV? :)

Is anyone else having trouble checking out?  I was able to check out on the AC steelbook edition, but when I try to check out on the FarCry 4 one it tells me payment not accepted.  Tried with mutliple cards and PayPal.  On PayPal it doesn't even send me to the paypal login screen.

Good ol' Digital River...

Is anyone else having trouble checking out? I was able to check out on the AC steelbook edition, but when I try to check out on the FarCry 4 one it tells me payment not accepted. Tried with mutliple cards and PayPal. On PayPal it doesn't even send me to the paypal login screen.

Good ol' Digital River...
don't worry, digital river will find a way to charge you, even without a order #. they are that good. kinda like the NSA

I ordered the Assassin's Creed steelbook edition, this was exactly the type of LE that I wanted at the price that I wanted. I'm not that interested in statues and big collector's boxes at the $129.99 price point, I'd much rather have something like this for $5 more than the regular version of the game instead. I wish every game would do this kind of like this game and Dark Souls 2 did.

who handles their shipping/ order? digital river?

i was right, it is digital river. so no way in hell i am giving them a single penny. i wouldn't even spit on them if they were on fire
I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.

Is anyone else having trouble checking out?
Nope, I was able to check out fine with the Steelbooks through PayPal.

I know DR deservedly gets a lot of flack from customers, but the one thing I will say about them that is positive is that the stuff I get from them consistently arrives in better condition than the stuff I get from Amazon or BB.
Same for me, DR packs items a lot better for me than Amazon Prime. :lol:

Thanks so much OP! Ordered AC since it's pretty much the exact LE I'd want plus it has the actual potential be limited since it comes from one retailer and the steelbook doesn't seem to be available anywhere else. I'd love to know if has some sort of slip or case to contain the artbook and CD though.

I'm considering Farcry but not sure if I'd be better off getting the steelbook and waiting for the game to clearance.

I saw, and I'm shocked. They're only weeks too late, and getting their info from here too?
I've seen them post deals from CAG before. It's probably because the weekends are generally slow for gaming news. Regardless, this has to be one of my best CAG moments.

I've seen them post deals from CAG before. It's probably because the weekends are generally slow for gaming news. Regardless, this has to be one of my best CAG moments.
Really? May I ask how/why?

This was posted on 10/1 on another forum I frequent. The info is weeks old, for here, and for joystiq.

Really? May I ask how/why?

This was posted on 10/1 on another forum I frequent. The info is weeks old, for here, and for joystiq.
I just think it's cool that my primary gaming news site posted something without me tipping them off. It's like getting on the Jumbotron at a sports game. No one else will care, but it will be the highlight of your night.

I just think it's cool that my primary gaming news site posted something without me tipping them off. It's like getting on the Jumbotron at a sports game. No one else will care, but it will be the highlight of your night.
By all means it is really cool. I just feel it's extremely poor journalism to source your info from a forum, especially when the info is ancient by internet standards. Emphasis entirely on joystiq, not on you.

It isn't a deal. In actuality it's a rip off. Anti deal, etc.
Really? $5 more than the regular edition of the game and you get a Steelbook and all sorts of physical extras. Of course this is just my opinion, but that sounds like a deal to me.

he does have a point though that there no reason ubisoft shouldnt of included a steelbook with the CE since the CE is $130 just like last year which did include the steelbook
No no, I agree with that part, Romeo posts things like this in multiple topics to try and cause problems. I agree though, for $130, a steelbook should be included for both of those CE's, but $5 more for a steelbook and other extras is definitely a deal

It isn't a deal. In actuality it's a rip off. Anti deal, etc.

bread's done
Back