My 3ds XL is broken. I need a new one. Best deal out there right now?

Well Frys has the Smash bundles for $179.99 in store only, how is it broken, you might be able to get it fixed. Just wait for black friday if it involves the hinges replacing the housing unit or buying the right case will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had looked at replacing the top screen on mine (some scratches), and it seemed rather complicated. If the wiring gets messed up it is a rough situation since the top screen is the 3D aspect of the machine.

You might consider checking into getting it repaired. Is your warranty still valid? Even without the warranty in some cases it does not cost too much for a repair.

If you do get a new one, look to eBay for selling your old one "as is" for parts. You can get more then you might think.

Sorry I wasn't able to point you towards any good deals but I wish you the best in whatever you decide. :)

Oh yeah, I know the Nintendo online store has (or had) in stock the Zelda 3DS XL's refurbished for 150 bucks. That comes with a one year warranty also. I threw thus out there as I considered grabbing myself one but decided to wait for the new model dropping next year (if I'm not mistaken).

circle pad deteriorated due to smash
You can replace it though it will take some time and you will need to buy the replacement circle pad. Plus you may not have the tools and you can pay someone else to fix it which with shipping will most likely cost around $50-$90 to fix which may not be worth it for you. Nintendo sells refrub units for around $150 with tax and shipping plus you could wait for the new 3ds.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat50005

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back