Have you ever cried in your games?

adalew

CAG Newbie
I know people get really emotional at the end of some games and others don't so do you cry or ever cried in your games and if so can you name them.

The real question is has a game ever made you cry?
Yeah, I think this is what the OP meant to ask.

I have two that immediately come to mind:
- To the Moon
Not the ending, but the part where you start to wrap up your mission, and see that the client's wife and lifelong friend seems to have been completely erased from his memories.
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two
This one's for the ending, specifically the bit where the Combine Advisor comes and kills Eli right before your eyes, and you're helpless to stop it. It's such a shame Episode Three hasn't come out; I really want to know what happens next...

With both of these, I didn't cry right away-- rather, I was shocked, which was only then followed by my grief.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know people get really emotional at the end of some games and others don't so do you cry or ever cried in your games and if so can you name them.
russell-westbrook.jpg

No, but the intro to The Last of Us was emotional. What a way to start a game. I might have shed a tear if I wasn't in the company of some friends.

Nope never cried playing a game. If i was to cry though, the ending in Last of Us is pretty sad and the ending in Shadow of Colossus too.

Mareg's death in Gradina 2 on the dreamcast.

... holy shit that was the first and only time I cried for a video game character.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. All the games are about manly men do manly things which involves shooting people to death.

I did feel sad for Batman for putting up with all this fuck .

The closest I ever came to crying was probably in The Walking Dead season 1 by Tell Tale. Season 2 had a sad ending too, but it wasn't even close to how sad the first season of the game was. 

Can't remember how old I was at the time but I remember crying a bit at the death scene of Aerith in FFVII. The first and only time I remember real tears in a game.

I cry in my beer from time-to-time because I'm a cariciture of country music songs, but I've never cried in a video game... how does that even work? That's some Matrix shit right there.

bread's done
Back