$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle: 11/2/14 - 1/3/15

asspickle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year’s most anticipated games - Assassin’s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Sunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there’s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Walmart.

Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Best Buy.
Sunset OverDrive Bundle at Microsoft.

Amazon
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart
Target
Newegg
ToysRus
Microsoft Store *Text "Play" to 29502 to receive a 5% off coupon from Microsoft - Thanks dreamer131313!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm curious as to how retailers approach Black Friday with this. I can't imagine that profit margins are all that high one the consoles as it is. We might see another "buy any console, get any game free" promo, but it's hard to see a way that they can significantly improve upon this offer for that week, unless they say "to hell with profits," and slash the console to $300 or throw in 2 free retail titles.

I'm guessing that we'll either get that free game offer, or we're going to see the only decent deals offered in limited quantities at retailers. Maybe they throw in XBL or XB Gift Cards...

Does anybody know if BestBuy gives the gamer unlocked 20% off for game bundles?  I am assuming they don't, but if they do, I'll scoop up the Assassin's Creed Bundle and get a second XB1.

Is GameStop a participating retailer?
from the article:

This special promotion will be available nationwide at most major national retailers in the U.S., including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys ‘R Us and Walmart.

I'm feeling a little salty about this deal now, its definitely a solid promo but there's a small little thing I think they glossed over. Some people such as myself preordered the widely SOLD OUT white xbox one Sunset Overdrive bundle which releases tomorrow...this specific console is part of the deal but sold out at almost all major online stores (Amazon, Bestbuy, ect ect.) I really wish those of us who are getting the white console would be able to take part int his promo since its only a few bucks away from a free copy of Master Chief collection or whatever.

I'm almost tempted to cancel the white and order the CoD bundle (50 extra bucks for a 1 terabyte hardrive instead of $100 is a bit more reasonable)

Ok. I have the SO bundle preordered there and paid in full with trade credit. If it was best buy it wouldn't be a prob but GameStop only holds preorders for a couple days. If I don't pick up the trade credit card automatically is credited the $399? Or do you think they can hold it until Sunday for me to recoup the $50?

I was thinking this might be a possibility, I'm ordering mine off of Amazon and they are usually pretty good about this sort of thing.
Amazon is great, Im 100% positive they'll give you the PM.

Ok. I have the SO bundle preordered there and paid in full with trade credit. If it was best buy it wouldn't be a prob but GameStop only holds preorders for a couple days. If I don't pick up the trade credit card automatically is credited the $399? Or do you think they can hold it until Sunday for me to recoup the $50?
Return and rebuy might be possible? Im not sure.

I would call them and ask them to hold it until the promo starts, then go up, cancel, and rebuy on the spot to get it for the $350. If one retailer is def not going to do a price match its GameStop.

Talk about crapping all over the people who are getting the SO bundle tomorrow. Lawl Microsoft you've done it again!

Was going to go get the SO bundle tomorrow and use movers coupon. I'll just pay full now, then come back Monday and return/rebuy for $349 and use movers on that.  :D/ $341 after tax sounds good to me. Will only be my second time using it, saved my last for a time like this. Thanks Op!!!

I dunno. Microsoft has tired a lot of things and nothing so far has been able to make a dent in Sony's lead. Im sure they will have a bundle with a game or two.

GOOD NEWS! : D

Just contacted Amazon, they will credit me $50 (probably in amazon credit, didn't ask) after I receive my console. 

Really pumped now, tomorrow can't come soon enough. Thanks Amazon, this is why (and the fast shipping) you get

my Prime dollars every year : D

Good stuff I might actually buy an Xbox now. If the SO and AC bundles are already only $350 though I wonder what the Black Friday deals will be. $300 for them? Or $100 gift cards? Tough to decide whether to buy now or wait.

Blah went ahead and cancelled my SO bundle from Amazon. Oh well, worst case is I can pick it up in store at Target and do a return and rebuy on Sunday. I actually might just wait until BF at this point.

Though, if its anything like the white PS4 bundle...it was sold out everywhere but the day it launched (or a couple days after) it was in stock at Amazon again, so it will probably be back by Sunday.

I dunno. Microsoft has tired a lot of things and nothing so far has been able to make a dent in Sony's lead. Im sure they will have a bundle with a game or two.
This will finally push them over. I dont think Sony can match $350+ games and people with eat this deal up at that price. Maybe a GTA 5 bundle at $399 can happen but unlikely.

Good stuff I might actually buy an Xbox now. If the SO and AC bundles are already only $350 though I wonder what the Black Friday deals will be. $300 for them? Or $100 gift cards? Tough to decide whether to buy now or wait.
I would wait if you are on the fence, the deal is good until next year haha.

Blah went ahead and cancelled my SO bundle from Amazon. Oh well, worst case is I can pick it up in store at Target and do a return and rebuy on Sunday. I actually might just wait until BF at this point.
You should have contacted them first, Amazon CS is excellent!

This will finally push them over. I dont think Sony can match $350+ games and people with eat this deal up at that price. Maybe a GTA 5 bundle at $399 can happen but unlikely.

I would wait if you are on the fence, the deal is good until next year haha.
Lol... you say "push them over" as if they only need to sell a few consoles to close the gap.

Edit: and this isn't a price cut... it's a temporary price cut. MS did this the last few holiday season with the 360; they'd drop the price of the 250GB model and 4GB with kinect to $249.99 and then afterwards they went back to MSRP of $299.99

Lol... you say "push them over" as if they only need to sell a few consoles to close the gap.

Edit: and this isn't a price cut... it's a temporary price cut. MS did this the last few holiday season with the 360; they'd drop the price of the 250GB model and 4GB with kinect to $249.99 and then afterwards they went back to MSRP of $299.99
Push them over in finally winning a NPD month, and the gap will close considerably with this deal for sure. I hope Sony does something to match since I know people are wanting to buy a ps4 and are waiting for a good deal this holiday.

Push them over in finally winning a NPD month, and the gap will close considerably with this deal for sure. I hope Sony does something to match since I know people are wanting to buy a ps4 and are waiting for a good deal this holiday.
I bet you're right... I don't see how with the temporary price cut, release of Halo and Sunset overdrive and increased advertising they don't at least take November.

I think this is a great move but I've never been a big fan of publicly annoucing you're going to drop the price of your consoles for two months and then raise them back the rest of the year

Guys, I already have an Xbox One but I'm thinking about moving it to the bedroom and picking up the COD bundle for my game room. Does anyone know if I can use my Xbox Live Gold subscription on both consoles and be able to play my digital games on either console? I'm still kind of on the fence but if I can access my games on both consoles without jumping through hoops, I'll bite.

Guys, I already have an Xbox One but I'm thinking about moving it to the bedroom and picking up the COD bundle for my game room. Does anyone know if I can use my Xbox Live Gold subscription on both consoles and be able to play my digital games on either console? I'm still kind of on the fence but if I can access my games on both consoles without jumping through hoops, I'll bite.
You can use it on both consoles and play your digital games as long they are downloaded to each console.

Well considering this is for 2 months and not a week like the free game this could help a lot. With the movers coupon I might just buy the assassin's creed bundle sell the codes and get halo and sunset

I'm not mad because I got the madden/destiny deal last month which is nearly the same thing, just missing a free skin/hdd upgrade which is not a big deal.

If you're planning on getting one go for the 1tb HDD with CoD.  

350$ with a free game ? Any profits that are made with this console will be taking a hit surely with these bundle sales. That being said I love things like this cause it creates holiday deal wars with the big three lol, I say to nintendo, Sony and micro to BRING IT !!!

This is tempting as hell, but the only game I want is SO. Im not interested in any other MS exclusive and multiplats are better on the PS4 so thats where I would buy those. Im not sure if its worth it for 1 game. :whistle2:k

I bet you're right... I don't see how with the temporary price cut, release of Halo and Sunset overdrive and increased advertising they don't at least take November.
Yep, MS went for the jugular with this promo. It will be hard to top.

I doubt that sony needs to do anything. Nothing has worked so far what makes you think this will?
They will never lose their global sales lead... but this could put a noticeable dent in their U.S. sales lead.

Since both consoles released at the same time this generation (people tend to overlook the fact that the 360 launched a year sooner, had wild success in the U.S. and still lost in overall global sales to the PS3) I don't see the PS4 ever falling significantly behind in any market though unless the X1 marketing staff consistently puts promotions like this together

This is good news.  That means an even cheaper price or some good bundles come Black Friday/Xmas....

decent drop, but I doubt that sony needs to do anything. Nothing has worked so far what makes you think this will?
How about the fact that PS4 has zero console exclusives this holiday season aside from that stinky video game suppository, Driveclub? I love my PS4. I love my Wii U. I love my Xbox One. I'm not biased. The Xbox One has some great exclusives for the holidays. I think this sale and those games will help them out a good bit.

bread's done
Back