* * * * - 8 votes

Official Mass Effect: Andromeda Discussion (Hype/Speculation/Anticipation)

#masseffect #andromeda #mea

#721 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

Argh! I just got to the point where the campaign is gated. Guess I'm going to spending the rest of my 10 hours on multiplayer.

#722 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:53 AM

Argh! I just got to the point where the campaign is gated. Guess I'm going to spending the rest of my 10 hours on multiplayer.

Yeah I have strike missions where I could go into multiplayer but I don't want to run out of time for the campaign but yeah I bet you can do both right lol.

#723 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

How long did it take you to get there?

#724 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2470 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

Cheapest (free) way to get Access to access?

#725 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

Another thing to get used to, Holding Y while in the Nomad will do an extraction lol, well whoops I thought it was to exit the vehicle.

#726 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

Cheapest (free) way to get Access to access?

None.  Go spend $4.99 on a month sub to EA Access. 

#727 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5406 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

I finally got to play this tonight and I love it!  I only played 2 hours of the multiplayer, didn't touch the campaign and I doubt I will until Tuesday.  The MP is so perfect!!!   It's the right blend of familiar from ME3 and new with the controls.  I love the jet pack, that works seamlessly. 

The music at the menu/start screen is great, too.  For all the talk of this game in the past few months, there has been very little about the music and that is one of the key ingredients to a ME title, I think.  I hope the overall soundtrack and score are good.  Do we even know who the composer is? 

#728 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 05:18 AM

Yeah it's just $5 and you can experience some other great games in the vault.

Companion app coming where you can manage your multiplayer info & stats, including strike teams.
http://www.gameinfor...panion-app.aspx

#729 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

How long did it take you to get there?

About six hours, but that was including doing Habitat 7 twice because I wanted to remake my character. I also took things pretty slowly and talked to just about everyone.

#730 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

My steelbooks shipped from Best Buy. Just waiting on the Deluxe. Hopefully I get that early.

#731 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

4 Days and Counting!

IMAGE_01.jpg

Did some more snow removal today, now the UPS guy can turn around in our driveway lol. So much snow!

Edited by Spybreak9, 17 March 2017 - 04:27 PM.

#732 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

Apparently BB decided to make a joke and ship my two Nomads first before the games. :wall:

EDIT: Now my two SBs are being shipped out, by themselves.  Oh lovely. :wall: :wall:   Time to pray for no damage. 

#733 6er   Hoping "The Wall" has Gold doors CAGiversary!   2794 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:10 AM

I'm cancelling mine. I was a big fan of the series(I have the big limited edition Normandy statue, once owned nearly every ME2 lithograph), but that video of the NPC shooting their gun backwards, along with the news there is no real timeframe for fixes, did me in.

#734 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

Yeah it's ridiculous that a few bad apples spoil the bunch. People are blowing the facial animations running animations out of proportion. I get it, it's the internet but other than a dumbfounded look on my character that's all I've seen that fealt "off".

Well it said I had about 6 hours left when I started the trial today and prob 30 - 45 mins in I came up to the gate's finish. So I started playing multiplayer and trying to do strike team missions. Man am I rusty and it only took me 1 match to realize I need supplies and that those exist lol. Nice to have loyalty packs up for grabs if you, I've assumed, linked your origins account with said game, Inquisition & ME3 in this case. I see a bunch of stuff in the multiplayer, this'll keep me entertained for days, as did ME3's.

#735 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7673 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

The multiplayer is enough for me haha I was so engrossed in ME3's multiplayer that I decided that my 10 would just be dedicated to the multiplayer this week and I am almost out of time now! Lots of fun and cannot wait for the actual release!

#736 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

3 Days and Counting!

mass_effect_andromeda_e3_trailer_2.jpg

#737 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I got up to the last part in the campaign for this trial as well, still got a couple hours left to dump into the MP.

#738 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:21 AM

My trial just expired during wave 6 of a multiplayer match. :(

#739 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:23 AM

That sucks.

#740 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7673 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:39 AM

My trial just expired during wave 6 of a multiplayer match. :(

That is what I have been worrying about... I wish they would just have a small countdown starting with your 10 hours. Clearly they are tracking the time, would it be that to have that timer visible to us as we play??

#741 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

Ahh man Ryu, living the high life and then sorry guys I'm poor again. User signed off.

Also now that I got to the end of the campaign trial I'm listening/watching/reading to a lot of critics talking about their run with the beginning of the game and it sounds to me that everyone wants The Witcher 3 in space?! I don't, I want Mass Effect, (and I love The Witcher 3 as well). Mako, scanning, crafting, exploring, reading a bunch of lore are all things I like because other than the awesome combat and meaty dialogue, that's what Mass Effect is to me. Shrugs, I had a wonderful time with the trial, looking eagerly towards when the full game gets shipped to my house. Come on Amazon don't let me down, you said release day shipping.

#742 simosaurus   Corruptible CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

simosaurus

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:33 PM

Is it Tuesday yet?  No?  

[Sigh]

After seeing days of people screaming "Broken game!" over the facial animations, I think the cooler heads on the internet are starting to prevail (I know..."cooler heads" and "internet" don't really go together).  This morning I read a couple good summations of the situation that put things in perspective.  Talking to people who have actually played the trial over the past few days has me very excited.  The game sounds like the Mass Effect I know and love.  However, I had so much fun with the MP last time around, I'm worried that if I step into it too soon I will get distracted and forget to play the SP campaign.  

#743 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11182 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

The Pathfinder weapons look great.

#744 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7673 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

So I played a ton of ME3 multiplayer but largely going in solo so I never really realized the one huge downside that apparently is here too.... You can't party up?!?! There is no way for you and a buddy to group up and then go look for a quick match together. WTF?? You either have to make a private game and then open it up to the public and wait for people to join or you quick match and hope there is an open slot that stays while you invite your friend. How the eff is this feature missing... it is online gaming 101. Bah.

#745 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

2 Days and Counting!
Yeah I checked out a few Nomad skins I got from playing the EA Access trial. I went with shiny, even though yeah yeah I know reflective armor gives away your position but come on it's cool! Lol
Spoiler

#746 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

You can fix the facial / motion animations much easier than broken plot, right? 

#747 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

Also, Target better put up that damned exclusive ME: A Funco already, I refuse to buy it from eBay at 2-3x the price on principle. 

#748 tukai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Apparently BB decided to make a joke and ship my two Nomads first before the games. :wall:

EDIT: Now my two SBs are being shipped out, by themselves.  Oh lovely. :wall: :wall:   Time to pray for no damage.

My sons regular edition shipped Friday who is in Austin at school. My deluxe coming to Dallas hasn't. But both steel books have

#749 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49876 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

In case anyone wanted the Target ME: A Funco, they are street-dated for Tuesday and my local store has 8 of them.  They're limiting to 1 per person, so hopefully if you get there around opening, you should be able to get one.

The non-specific ones showed up today from Amazon, including the 6" Archon one that was mis-priced @ Amazon.   Just need the Target one to complete the set. 

#750 Spybreak9   $exy Game Scholar CAGiversary!   9435 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

I was playing more of the trial today, which opened telling me I had under 4 hours remaining!!!, debriefed my strike teams and did a few APEX missions myself. I finally got a good group that extracted on an APEX mission, bronze I think - it helps when you're not a level 1 lol. For a bunch of the rewards it said I can only access them in single player so I went back to my campaign and did that. Also decided to just dick around more as I had gotten most of the story in the trial done. Went back to the Galaxy map

Spoiler

Wow, I'm just in love with this game already; I think if you're a Mass Effect fan you're gonna love it. Can't wait to discover more of Andromeda, which I think is gonna feel pretty vast.