* * * * * 3 votes

Sticky: Fred Meyer's coupons valid upon Xbox & Playstation GC's

Fred Meyer Xbox Playstation XBL PSN SEN

#211 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2162 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:51 PM

BAD NEWS ... they’ve gone back to stocking Fastcard GC’s behind the register. At 1 store, neither the shelf tag nor the GC had Fastcard’s brand (just obvious white space in the corners), but neither XBL nor PSN cards allowed the coupon.

At the 2nd store I went to (in a flurry of sad emotion), they’d just remodeled & don’t stick GC’s behind the register anymore. Instead the employee pointed to Fred Meyer’s own gift card rolling 3-sided display with a “get 2x has rewards” sign on top. And I already knew I was in trouble because the “display only” shelf tags (at the 2nd store) had Fastcard’s brand on the back where the 1st store’s had blank white space ... but the shelf tags were otherwise identical in instructions, fonts, UPC code, etc.

If I had to guess, I think Kroger has negotiated a deal with Fastcard for all their GC’s, but some stores still have unbranded cards from when Kroger was activating some GC’s themselves.

Crap.

Thanks for doing the homework.

Sucks that we're back in this predicament again.  ...I'll check my local branch next time I see a %-Off coupon to see if I'm impacted, as well.  (I'm sure I am.)  Sounds like the end of an era.  Again.

#212 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   1930 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:44 AM

BAD NEWS ... they’ve gone back to stocking Fastcard GC’s behind the register. At 1 store, neither the shelf tag nor the GC had Fastcard’s brand (just obvious white space in the corners), but neither XBL nor PSN cards allowed the coupon.

At the 2nd store I went to (in a flurry of sad emotion), they’d just remodeled & don’t stick GC’s behind the register anymore. Instead the employee pointed to Fred Meyer’s own gift card rolling 3-sided display with a “get 2x has rewards” sign on top. And I already knew I was in trouble because the “display only” shelf tags (at the 2nd store) had Fastcard’s brand on the back where the 1st store’s had blank white space ... but the shelf tags were otherwise identical in instructions, fonts, UPC code, etc.

If I had to guess, I think Kroger has negotiated a deal with Fastcard for all their GC’s, but some stores still have unbranded cards from when Kroger was activating some GC’s themselves.

Crap.

thanks for the heads up but...you gotta be kidding me. Right before their annual triple dip coupons?! literally next week!

ugh...i hate liking a post with bad news :(

hopefully some of you were able to load up using walmart's online coupon last week. it ended up being almost 30% off.

#213 io   ... Super Moderators   24718 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:53 AM

I don't get the paper any more so I'll be looking here for the gift card deals/savings coupon combos.  As far as I'm concerned that is the only really good gaming deal left in retail any more.  It sucks that they've eliminated the gaming sections though (especially for a stupid sports apparel section that no one is ever in when I'm there).