* * * - - 31 votes

Limited Run Games Thread - The Switch is on!

limited run games omg so rare ps4 vita

#22621 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   457 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:46 AM

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 CE for switch shipped.

Dont be ridiculous. That game is just an urban legend

#22622 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20826 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

KoF on Vita tomorrow?

I may have to actually partake again, if just for this title.

It's something I'd actually play on my Vita while out and about.

Better get some stretches in for tomorrow,

tumblr_mybsdhZEGR1skkm8no2_500.gif

#22623 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

Ready to order some animu waifu fighter game. Slowly counting down the LRG games I want to get...which is likely 2 or 3 now.

#22624 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

They just added a new KOF bundle with a hat.  Why are they trying to spread the stock so thin?  If people want the hat they will buy it separately.

#22625 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

They know they will sell out of the Vita version regardless i'm sure.

#22626 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Whew, what a nightmare. It used to be that I could have multiple windows open for each item I wanted to order, and add to cart from each. But now it seems that adding to cart from each will overwrite my cart contents if I don't first refresh to pick up whatever was added to my cart from another window.

C'mon, LRG, browser tabs exist.

#22627 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, this was the first time I ever had add to cart issues on their site.  Added first item to cart but it disappeared.  Added anther and it seemed to go through but then it disappeared after I added another.  It wasn't until about 10:02AM when the site was finally acting normal and I was able to add everything I wanted to cart and check out.

#22628 falsedichotomies  

falsedichotomies

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

~4.5 - 5 minutes on KoF Vita., although the listing went up a minute or so late so maybe slightly less Not bad, easy to get. One per person item limits really do make a difference I think.

#22629 podunk320   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

podunk320

Whew, what a nightmare. It used to be that I could have multiple windows open for each item I wanted to order, and add to cart from each. But now it seems that adding to cart from each will overwrite my cart contents if I don't first refresh to pick up whatever was added to my cart from another window.

Actually i think it was buggy today. I kept adding to cart but it would keep saying it was empty. Finally I was able to add to cart but when i tried to checkout with Paypal, nothing would happen! So i kept refreshing, and clicking Paypal checkout until it finally worked. This is probably the 1st or 2nd time this has ever happened to me. All around buggy

#22630 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

redman77

Yeah, I mean wtf? Took me a while to figure things out after I kept going to my cart and there was only 1 item even though I kept ordering multiple items. Got the two things I really wanted and just said screw the other two things I tried to buy since I was worried things would sell out while I was trying to figure out the screwy new system. LRG always full of last second surprises.

#22631 CommanderShiro   Teal Mecha CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

CommanderShiro

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

Yeah I was starting to panic when my cart totals seemed off, after using different tabs. 

#22632 MasamuneNKX   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

MasamuneNKX

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Same, also had some weird issues as described. The "add to cart" button didn't show up for a good 30 seconds or so, and when it did it would either tell me my cart was empty after adding something, or when adding all three games on separate tabs I ended up with an empty cart at the end somehow. Finally got my order in after a minute or two by doing it all on the same tab, and going back to the main page after each cart addition. Hoping that's just a fluke.

#22633 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2674 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Standard editions for me this morning. One of each, no Vita. For one-on-one fighting game I always go for the PS4 version. Vita isn't a particularly good platform for local multiplayer. I was sorely tempted by the Neo-Geo box, but managed to resist. My collection is unwieldy as it is. I need to keep the special editions to a minimum.

#22634 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6992 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Yeah, this was the first time I ever had add to cart issues on their site.  Added first item to cart but it disappeared.  Added anther and it seemed to go through but then it disappeared after I added another.  It wasn't until about 10:02AM when the site was finally acting normal and I was able to add everything I wanted to cart and check out.

Yeah, I had the same issues, and thought I was going to miss out, but I finally got an order through. 

#22635 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2321 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

They just added a new KOF bundle with a hat. Why are they trying to spread the stock so thin? If people want the hat they will buy it separately.

Agreed, pretty sketchy way to push extra merchandise on people. But I guess it worked, looks like the hat bundle sold out too.

#22636 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2564 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

I wonder if the multi-tabs thing was their attempt to curb the bots dominating sales.  In a sense it crippled regular customers but if it also stopped some of the bots so everyone here that wanted the games got them then cool.

#22637 redman77   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

redman77

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Agreed, pretty sketchy way to push extra merchandise on people. But I guess it worked, looks like the hat bundle sold out too.

Yep. They knew it would. They have gotten to Gamestop "bundle" level. If people want that overpriced crap hat then they would buy it separately. Easier to move it by throwing it in with a game that will sell out fast and charge $20 more.

#22638 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:21 PM

Same here with the glitch issue. Clicked on it like 5 times and nothing in cart then all the sudden I had 5 items in cart. By the time I was checking out I didn’t think there was a chance but thankfully it wasn’t just me.

#22639 dragonx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

Experienced the same issues as well but got what I wanted so it all worked out. As far as bundling, at least they didn't go so far as to bundle the game with the pin, key chain, and shirt. lol

Good to see SNK titles getting some love from LRG and good news considering the other games available for PS4 currently as PSN exclusives are all top notch, Last Blade 2, SSVS, and Garou. Hope we can get those in print too. 

Other than those would love to see a hard copy for the Castlevania and Phoenix Wright Collections. Time will tell.

#22640 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2564 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

Other than those would love to see a hard copy for the Castlevania and Phoenix Wright Collections. Time will tell.

The Phoenix Wright Collection info is dropping next week from Capcom.  Hopefully if they do a physical it'll be regular retail.

#22641 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:56 PM

The wife comes through while I was stuck in a 9:30 meeting and was able to order standard editions of KOF Vita and Koihime Enbu.

#22642 flybrione   Guitar Solo CAGiversary!   3354 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

Got the standard copy of KOF 97 for Vita. I super excited to add this game to my vita collection and very happy I passed on this game multiple times digital when it was on sale. Can't wait to see what other SNK games they may bring to vita. Fingers crossed for Samurai Shodown and Mark of the Wolves please!

#22643 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36994 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:08 PM

The Phoenix Wright Collection info is dropping next week from Capcom.  Hopefully if they do a physical it'll be regular retail.

I hope so--I must own a physical Switch version of that collection.

#22644 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12218 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:01 PM

I hope so--I must own a physical Switch version of that collection.

Not sure if this is wishful thinking but Play-Asia seems to have a listing up for the US version as "announced - preorders coming soon."

https://www.play-asi...ilogy/13/70cbid

#22645 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2564 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:07 PM

Not sure if this is wishful thinking but Play-Asia seems to have a listing up for the US version as "announced - preorders coming soon."

https://www.play-asi...ilogy/13/70cbid

Nice find.  They also list X1 & PS4 versions.  The news dropped on Thursday that next week they'd announce the release date... hopefully then Amazon and other places will have it up for preorder.

#22646 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8123 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

I just hope that @Squarehard remembered to get buy the two new games with anime people on the front cover so that his life continues to be complete. 

#22647 srocky26  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

#22648 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Sweet another Kemco game to skip! I have played them on my phone from sales, but yeah I'm not into buying those.

#22649 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2674 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

Sweet another Kemco game to skip! I have played them on my phone from sales, but yeah I'm not into buying those.

Fighting games like KoF I frequently get for the PS4, as having one-on-one gameplay is way easier on that platform. (for some very rare titles it is possible to make it work on a PSTV, but most Vita titles don't support the option) But Kemco almost exclusively makes single-player JRPGs with relatively low-res art assets. I frequently get their LRG titles on Vita only. Most of them usually run on the PSTV, and that style of game works well on the big screen as well as on the go. I like collecting for my Vita, but don't feel the need for a complete set, and I like to optimize the game to the platform.

Of course, if single-player JRPGs aren't your thing, or even if you only prefer the high-end releases, I can totally understand passing on the LRG Kemco releases. Even I can't deny that there have been A LOT of them. And while they do tend to be better-than-average efforts, few of them can be held up as shining examples of their genre. (none of them has reached Chrono Trigger or Suikoden levels of acclaim) And of course, there's the fact that they are all JRPs, which as a genre have always been fairly massive time-sinks. Time-sink + tons of releases = no time for any other games.

#22650 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9215 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

I play them on the phone...they're simple enough to play on the phone. Usually those cost me about a dollar during sales. They are OK enough, but I wouldn't ever recommend at full price. Still enjoyable enough and not too long.