* * * * - 22 votes

SNES Classic Discussion Thread

SNES Classic Super Nintendo

#31 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Hopefully we can actually preorder this time around

lol, fill the thermos and get out the folding chair, lottery tickets are getting handed out at 7.

I don't think I'll be able to resist if Star Fox has decent performance and Star Fox 2 is even more refined than the beta rom. My other big conflict is that the Eu/Jp version of the Snes looked a million times better than the horrible NA version but that's the one I played 24 hours straight when I get it for Christmas.

#32 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

Any chance a pre-order goes live today? lol I'm scared to go to lunch. 

haha I love these comments.  People pay $60 for a single new release game, CAGs pay $48.  The perception of pirates is priceless. 

Sorry, chief, but I'm not drooling over whatever Nintendo throws out at whatever price point they want to charge like a little lap dog.

#33 mariokart64   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   156 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

mariokart64

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:33 PM

fuuuuuuu

#34 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:34 PM

Sorry, chief, but I'm not drooling over whatever Nintendo throws out at whatever price point they want to charge like a little lap dog.

k.

:D/

#35 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

There will A LOT of salt when it's all over. 

#36 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

So about them NES classics.... One of you HAS to have 1 at a reasonable price right?.... Right?

#37 Cheapchuck   CAG Elite CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Cheapchuck

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

If I can order one from Amazon, I may just order some salt to hopefully get it all sent in a box and not a bubble mailer!

#38 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1629 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Interesting that there's Super FX Chip games on there.  I'll probably try a lot harder to get one of these than I did the NES classic.

#39 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1626 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:37 PM

Did nobody learn from the first time?

#40 FadeToOne   It's CAGtastic! CAGiversary!   1888 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

FadeToOne

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:38 PM

The only glaring omission is Chrono.

#41 Ferrari Racer   Banned CAGiversary!   6701 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Ferrari Racer

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

QuPfIm1.jpg

I would Photoshop the new box but don't have the time.

#42 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Can't wait to flip one. Lol!

#43 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

mackie619

I ultimately settled for a European version nes(that I haven't touched since january), so I predict I will end up getting the same for the snes

#44 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   329 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Can't wait to never see this in a store.

#45 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Will be getting this. Still really salty I could never get a NES classic tho :(

Same. I really, really hope they do actual preorders for this. 

#46 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Did nobody learn from the first time?

I learned that I could make hundreds or thousands of dollars, if I wanted.  I also learned that I could enjoy some of the best retro games with legitimate first party controllers and some sleek branded hardware. 

#47 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3536 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

The only glaring omission is Chrono.

They should have also put in Super Street Fighter 2 instead of Turbo. Turtles in Time or even Final Fight would have been a great co-op brawler. They didn't put any in the set which is a big omission when shipping with 2 controllers.

#48 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6421 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Awesome selection of games.

#49 Cheapchuck   CAG Elite CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Cheapchuck

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:46 PM

Remember folks, the NES Classic *was* available for pre-order, it's just that many of us (me included) thought $59.99 was a bit too much, so I was waiting for a price reduction after the holidays.  Once released, it was immediately a top item and extremely hard to get.  But it *was* available for pre-order... 

Now given the rarity and value that Nintendo has established through limited availability, I'm not foolish enough to believe the pre-orders this time around will last more than 5 minutes.

#50 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Oh man, so many of my favorite games. Ff3, smw, eb, z3. But since all yall are going to be reselling this for ridiculous prices ill play on my phone. At least i finally got a switch recently.

#51 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

So about them NES classics.... One of you HAS to have 1 at a reasonable price right?.... Right?

I have a spare unopened NES that I've been hoarding for this exact moment. I would trade it for a SNES classic lol

#52 ghost1914  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Oooooo boy here we go again. Hope I can snag one of these as this was the first video game system I ever owned.

#53 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

A few things in favor of this being less of a shitshow than the NES Classic:

- Nintendo is slow to learn and adapt, but they MUST see now that there's a demand for this and increase production. ...right? RIGHT?

- Hopefully fewer games + higher price point makes this more profitable for Nintendo than the NES C. With the thin margins (including 3rd party licenses) on that device, I'm sure it wasn't worth it for them to keep making them. Especially considering:

- The Nintendo Online service is only confirmed to have NES games in its library. I'm sure that was a factor in killing the NES C early. The SNES C can comfortably exist alongside the online service, as it won't directly compete.

- Original rumors said that Nintendo killed the NES Classic to focus on the SNES Classic so in theory they've been in production for some time.

ALL THAT SAID, because everyone will expect this to be super limited, no matter how well the SNES Classic ends up being stocked it will be impossible to get for a while because scalpers will buy them all. I expect a big reason Nintendo is releasing this in September is so that the supply chain has a chance to even out before holiday shopping season. We'll see if that plan works for them.

#54 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

QuPfIm1.jpg

I would Photoshop the new box but don't have the time.

Already happening

#55 Hairlesswookiee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   87 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Hairlesswookiee

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

This is like a SNES greatest hits volume 1. Can't wait to get one.

#56 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   8111 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

An Ebay listing is not news, nor is it interesting. When will people get over that?  I could make a listing for pocket lint for a thousand dollars in one minute.  WHO CARES!

#57 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1465 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

A few things in favor of this being less of a shitshow than the NES Classic:

- Nintendo is slow to learn and adapt, but they MUST see now that there's a demand for this and increase production. ...right? RIGHT?

- Hopefully fewer games + higher price point makes this more profitable for Nintendo than the NES C. With the thin margins (including 3rd party licenses) on that device, I'm sure it wasn't worth it for them to keep making them. Especially considering:

- The Nintendo Online service is only confirmed to have NES games in its library. I'm sure that was a factor in killing the NES C early. The SNES C can comfortably exist alongside the online service, as it won't directly compete.

- Original rumors said that Nintendo killed the NES Classic to focus on the SNES Classic so in theory they've been in production for some time.

ALL THAT SAID, because everyone will expect this to be super limited, no matter how well the SNES Classic ends up being stocked it will be impossible to get for a while because scalpers will buy them all. I expect a big reason Nintendo is releasing this in September is so that the supply chain has a chance to even out before holiday shopping season. We'll see if that plan works for them.

You must be new to Nintendo? You're naive optimism is cute and refreshing though.

#58 Petey Parker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Petey Parker

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

I have a spare unopened NES that I've been hoarding for this exact moment. I would trade it for a SNES classic lol

I do as well. I'd trade it without hesitation if I'm not able to secure one of these.

#59 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2282 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:54 PM

This I want. 

#60 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   775 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

You must be new to Nintendo? You're naive optimism is cute and refreshing though.

I owned a SNES when they were new, if that means anything. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. "Planned scarcity" is nonsense. Nintendo likes money. They may do this as a small run for some weird reason, but plenty of signs point to this being better stocked than the NES Classic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SNES, Classic, Super Nintendo