* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy gift card buy $150 get $15 savings code

#31 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Since when can you not convert this way? I believe it's just YMMV as some stores allow it while others don't.

It came up when I was trying to buy some eShop cards online with BB GCs.  Gave an error I've never seen on BB before about "cannot purchase gift cards with gift cards."  Tested it on a regular BB GC online, too, and it got the same error.  This was a few weeks ago.  Haven't tried it in store, yet, but figured that since it stopped working online, it's probably stopped in-store, too.  Has anyone purchased GCs with GCs in-store in the last few weeks that you know of?

#32 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

This is a good deal for those looking to buy the white PS4 Pro that comes out on 9/6 with Destiny 2.

I'm going to use the 2x reward points and $30 off $300 at Best Buy through Amex and use the $150 GC+ $15 bonus to top off the total.

Total after tax is $489-$30-$15=$444.  Then sell Destiny 2 ($60) and the expansion pass ($35) and you have a pretty good deal on a day one white PS4 Pro.  I'm personally going digital for D2 so I'll be selling the disk for sure.

Thanks to NY, I'm basically saving on tax, but whatevs.  This almost eliminates the need for the Amex deal.  Amex is $30 off $300, so effectively $270 for $300.  This would be $300 for $330.  A small percentage difference.  Amex is still better, but this is close enough that anyone without an Amex is fine.

#33 CripplerJones   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

CripplerJones

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

This is a good deal for those looking to buy the white PS4 Pro that comes out on 9/6 with Destiny 2.

I'm going to use the 2x reward points and $30 off $300 at Best Buy through Amex and use the $150 GC+ $15 bonus to top off the total.

Total after tax is $489-$30-$15=$444.  Then sell Destiny 2 ($60) and the expansion pass ($35) and you have a pretty good deal on a day one white PS4 Pro.  I'm personally going digital for D2 so I'll be selling the disk for sure.

Thanks to NY, I'm basically saving on tax, but whatevs.  This almost eliminates the need for the Amex deal.  Amex is $30 off $300, so effectively $270 for $300.  This would be $300 for $330.  A small percentage difference.  Amex is still better, but this is close enough that anyone without an Amex is fine.

This is exactly what I'm doing, sans the Amex deal. Had it pre-ordered through Amazon, but this is too good to pass up. It also allows me to buy D2 digital guilt-free until I'm able to flip the physical copy.

It's a shame that they don't have store pickup, though. I'm close enough to Delaware that I could grab tax-free. Tried calling today to see if they're still taking pre-orders on it in-store, but the customer service rep told me they're not. Oh, well!

#34 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Does anyone think the white ps4 pro will be sold out if I wait until the promo $15 codes are sent on 9/5 to order it?

#35 asgaga   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   434 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

Does anyone think the white ps4 pro will be sold out if I wait until the promo $15 codes are sent on 9/5 to order it?

could always buy it. than return it on 9/5 and rebuy it using the 15 codes.

#36 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

could always buy it. than return it on 9/5 and rebuy it using the 15 codes.

I had trouble getting my points converted to certs. Customer service I could bring in my receipt and certificates later and they would credit back to my card in the amount of the certs. Not sure if that would apply to these promotional certs too, but worth a shot.

Not sure if it's true for every state but in California I have not had to pay sales tax for the amount covered by BB certs (almost like it's a coupon).

#37 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

This is exactly what I'm doing, sans the Amex deal. Had it pre-ordered through Amazon, but this is too good to pass up. It also allows me to buy D2 digital guilt-free until I'm able to flip the physical copy.

It's a shame that they don't have store pickup, though. I'm close enough to Delaware that I could grab tax-free. Tried calling today to see if they're still taking pre-orders on it in-store, but the customer service rep told me they're not. Oh, well!

I went in to the store today and they WERE able to manually pre-order.  The employee put the SKU in to the system and it said minimum $50 reservation.  Unfortunately, they aren't doing a midnight launch where I live so :/

#38 gthirst   Esper CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

edit: it's 2017 and I doubled posted :( 

#39 CripplerJones   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

CripplerJones

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

I went in to the store today and they WERE able to manually pre-order.  The employee put the SKU in to the system and it said minimum $50 reservation.  Unfortunately, they aren't doing a midnight launch where I live so :/

Oo, that's good news! I wonder if I can go into a store and have them adjust my existing order for me. Otherwise, I can probably just re-buy it.

Thank you for the update! I sincerely appreciate it. :)

#40 TooLegitToQuit  

TooLegitToQuit

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

It came up when I was trying to buy some eShop cards online with BB GCs.  Gave an error I've never seen on BB before about "cannot purchase gift cards with gift cards."  Tested it on a regular BB GC online, too, and it got the same error.  This was a few weeks ago.  Haven't tried it in store, yet, but figured that since it stopped working online, it's probably stopped in-store, too.  Has anyone purchased GCs with GCs in-store in the last few weeks that you know of?

I've never had success online so I haven't even tried it in forever. Order always autocancelled and BB told me the reason because I asked after getting the automated email reason, which was bogus. As for in-store, I did buy gc with gc in July to consolidate what I had, but it's still going to be YMMV. Some stores seam to allow it and others don't. I have both around me.

#41 Odinsfury   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Odinsfury

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

If you buy something and return it will they give you a physical card?  I'm not really enjoying the idea of holding the gift card digitally. 

#42 nddave   CAG4LIFE CAGiversary!   1065 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

Savings code time limit kills the deal

#43 rdigit   Banned Banned   655 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

rdigit

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

Savings code time limit kills the deal

If you're buying the new Metroid then it's perfect timing.

#44 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3593 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

If you buy something and return it will they give you a physical card?  I'm not really enjoying the idea of holding the gift card digitally. 

Yes if you ask them.  Otherwise they usually ask if you still have the card to apply it back to the original card number.  The $15 promo card amount is probably handled differently though.

#45 EinCB  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:46 AM

Is anyone else having problems purchasing digital games? I'm entering different verification codes but they're all incorrect or expired according to Best Buy. I tried it on my phone and different laptop and different browsers.

Edit: Problem fixed by clearing everything on Firefox.

Edited by EinCB, 20 August 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#46 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4998 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:51 AM

Would there be any issue with buying 3 to use towards an X1X preorder?

#47 bengi15  

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:58 AM

• We're sorry, but this transaction has been declined. If you continue to have this problem please contact customer support.   gj bb

#48 sjchmura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

sjchmura

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:42 PM

Would there be any issue with buying 3 to use towards an X1X preorder?

Looks.like pre orders sold.out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

I didn't like having just a code as well.  So I followed my own plan.  Use the card right away and preorder everything I know I am buying through the rest of the year.  DONE.

#50 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4056 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Can you stack the savings code and get $30 or $45 off an item?

#51 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Can you stack the savings code and get $30 or $45 off an item?

When you get the bonus, from what I understand its not like a savings code, it will be a $15 e-gift card, just like the $150 you bought in order to get it.  I plan to double my 2 up, and get Metroid for essentially free.

#52 fenz4ever   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   201 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

Was anyone able to redeem these gift cards? I received two & when I tried to redeem on BestBuy.com I get an error:

The gift card number or PIN you entered is not valid. Please try again.

Anyone else having a similar problem? If so, were you able to get around it? I've been working with Best Buy customer support for an hour now & they have no clue about this promotion.