* * * * * 1 votes

Ni No Kuni 2 Premium Edition $19.99 @ Bestbuy ($15.99 GCU)

#181 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12201 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Asxsoon as the sale is over, it's miraculously/instantly back in stock again.

How are they allowed to get away with this?

Most likely they only had a limited quantity of the title that they were selling at the sale price, so when that allotment was sold out they marked the item itself as sold out.  Amazon does this a lot too, especially with their Lightning Deals.

#182 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2018 - 06:23 PM

Returns brotato. The neorotic peeps who return thier creased boxes due to their first world dilemmas

It's available for shipping. Timeframe doesn't match if account return shipping and processing at the warehouse. And let's be real, most people are keeping theirs at the sale price despite being mildly annoyed at the damage.

I said it before but "People just want undamaged goods to buy. How hard is it to understand that.".

It's not about the weebaboos who needs to have everything super perfect, and even then why give them grief about it.

#183 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4112 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:11 PM

It's available for shipping. Timeframe doesn't match if account return shipping and processing at the warehouse. And let's be real, most people are keeping theirs at the sale price despite being mildly annoyed at the damage.

The return thing was meant as a joke. What Josef said is the most likely reason. BB sold as many as they wanted to at that low price, then held back the rest to sell later at regular price. It helps them move some stock while getting others interested.

We can deal graveyard this beast now.

#184 Anutha1   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:29 PM

Most likely they only had a limited quantity of the title that they were selling at the sale price, so when that allotment was sold out they marked the item itself as sold out.  Amazon does this a lot too, especially with their Lightning Deals.

I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.'  Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't.

It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it.  There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again.

Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice.

You know how it works these days.  Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.

#185 srocky26  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:44 PM

I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.' Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't.

It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it. There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again.

Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice.

You know how it works these days. Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.

Hopefully this is a joke, because this might be the dumbest thing I’ve read in awhile.

#186 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   3940 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:00 PM

Asxsoon as the sale is over, it's miraculously/instantly back in stock again.

How are they allowed to get away with this?

This happens all the time. I missed getting Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for $19.99 on the early BF Best Buy sale as it says sold out. But I guarantee it will back in stock after this coming weekend at regular price.

#187 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

I think it happened last year with Disgaea 5. It was sold out for early access and they didn't restock for a long time.

#188 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4454 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2018 - 10:00 PM

None in stock within 250 miles... Damn. Thanks for the post anyways, OP.

Ya know what, I call bullshit. I was in a store over the weekend and saw plenty of copies. I’d say best buy just disabled online ordering for it.

I thought normal operating procedure would be if you are going to place an item on sale, actually sell out of said item and then mark it as 'sold out.' Not sell however many of said item and then once your system has sold 90% or whatever of said item, have your system state it's been sold out when in fact it isn't. It's just a bad practice no matter how one tries to spin it. There is no way it is coincidental that their system indicates that they are sold out and the instant they end the sale price of it they all of a sudden have stock of it once again. Do like I did and e-mail Customer Service and Corporate Headquarters (both of which are a headache to obtain e-mail addresses for on-line [I wonder why]) and communicate with them that you find this a deceiving and unscrupulous business practice. You know how it works these days. Unless enough people bring it to their attention and complain about such practice, they will continue to use it.

It’s interesting how I posted about it last week saying that Best Buy disabled the inventory of the item though it was available in many stores. Members here told me I was a conspiracy theorist and full of it. I replied then and still stand with the same knowledge, I know how best buy works internally very well.

#189 lutz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1342 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:25 AM

Some people believed you because they saw it first hand. Lazy naysayers thought it was easier to dismiss you as crazy instead of verifying themselves.

#190 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:49 AM

I said it before but "People just want undamaged goods to buy. How hard is it to understand that.".

It's not about the weebaboos who needs to have everything super perfect, and even then why give them grief about it.

Because they cross the line when they give employees excessive grief over every single item not being at least a 9.8 CGC quality. Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all that.

#191 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1290 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:07 AM

I think it happened last year with Disgaea 5. It was sold out for early access and they didn't restock for a long time.

It's on sale finally via PSN LOL. That year long wait paid off!!! sigh...

#192 Anutha1   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:30 AM

It’s interesting how I posted about it last week saying that Best Buy disabled the inventory of the item though it was available in many stores. Members here told me I was a conspiracy theorist and full of it. I replied then and still stand with the same knowledge, I know how best buy works internally very well.

What's even more pathetic is I called up the two closest Best Buy and the first store never picked up.  I called them three times and went through the menu prompt three different ways to try and get an actual person to pick up and all three times, no one ever picked up the line, it just kept ringing and ringing.  One of the times i let it ring for like twenty minutes straight as I had it on speakerphone and was doing other things waiting for a live person to pick up.  The other two times I let it only ring for like five minutes or so before hanging up.  Talk about shitty customer service.  The other store I called picked up on the first call.  I asked them if they would physically check stock as their web-site was indicating that they were out of stock but I had experienced first hand before where their web-site would indicate they were out of stock on an item when in fact I've seen before where a store actually has physical stock of it available.  The rep I spoke with supposedly checked and indicated they did not have any stock in store for it available at this time.

So my question to those most experienced Best Buy commenters here is, if you are to call into a Best Buy and request they check if physical stock is available of a sold out web-store item, will they actually check to see if there is stock of it available or are they just putting you on hold and acting like they are checking and will come back on the phone shortly later indicating they do not have stock available when they've never bothered to check to begin with?

#193 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   293 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:41 AM

It's on sale finally via PSN LOL. That year long wait paid off!!! sigh...

i think he meant the switch version tho?

#194 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4454 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:17 AM

What's even more pathetic is I called up the two closest Best Buy and the first store never picked up. I called them three times and went through the menu prompt three different ways to try and get an actual person to pick up and all three times, no one ever picked up the line, it just kept ringing and ringing. One of the times i let it ring for like twenty minutes straight as I had it on speakerphone and was doing other things waiting for a live person to pick up. The other two times I let it only ring for like five minutes or so before hanging up. Talk about shitty customer service. The other store I called picked up on the first call. I asked them if they would physically check stock as their web-site was indicating that they were out of stock but I had experienced first hand before where their web-site would indicate they were out of stock on an item when in fact I've seen before where a store actually has physical stock of it available. The rep I spoke with supposedly checked and indicated they did not have any stock in store for it available at this time.

So my question to those most experienced Best Buy commenters here is, if you are to call into a Best Buy and request they check if physical stock is available of a sold out web-store item, will they actually check to see if there is stock of it available or are they just putting you on hold and acting like they are checking and will come back on the phone shortly later indicating they do not have stock available when they've never bothered to check to begin with?

What happened with the changes internally at Best Buy over the past couple years is that stores no longer answer phones directly. This may not fully apply to all districts or regions. In my region, one office or a specific locale answer and checks stock by computer, they are not physically at the store you originally called.

#195 Anutha1   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   9 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

What happened with the changes internally at Best Buy over the past couple years is that stores no longer answer phones directly. This may not fully apply to all districts or regions. In my region, one office or a specific locale answer and checks stock by computer, they are not physically at the store you originally called.

So when you go to Best Buy's web-site and look up your local stores, doesn't it provide a different phone number for each individual store?  Can't you navigate through the recorded prompts and get someone at your local store and request that they physically look for the stock themselves?

That as long as you are not choosing the 'product availability' prompt, which sounds like it would be the one you are referencing, you should actually get a live person at the store itself?  I mean, I read what you wrote but it just seems nuts if you can't even speak with an actual person at a store any longer regardless of what region one lives in.  Hell, even if it was in Alaska, for that matter.

#196 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12201 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:29 AM

I don't have any experience with the phone, but when in store I have asked this same question.  Sometimes the rep will just check the website and use that to determine if any of the item is in stock.  At that point I usually ask them to check their actual in store stock (and whether more are on the way) and this is done through their actual in store inventory system.  This system can also bring up the next closest stores and give you an actual stock number at those stores, and whether more are on the way to the store.

#197 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1320 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:38 AM

Oops...wrong topic