CAGcast #576: I Like Toxic Waste

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks 2018 best sellers, Arbyswear, anime, anime, and more anime.

Download (1 hr 19 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Today's show is brought to you by Harry's! Claim your trial offer at harrys.com/cag
harrys.com/cag

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Mark Ronson - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart (Don Diablo Remix) [Audio] ft. Miley Cyrus
Outro - CAGcast 575 drunk clip

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The static download link is going to last weeks episode. Just FYI.

EDIT: It's fixed now.

EDIT EDIT: Wombat, your Ironman game sounds like Anthem from what I have seen. Anthem might be your Ironman game, lol.

Edit: meant to comment this on last week’s episode, oops.

For an overview of the Fyre festival, i'd recommend Internet Historians 'The Failure of Fyre Festival' on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPg5ftCMv8

It's 11 minutes, funny and interesting.

Also, my kids and I have finished all episodes of My Hero Academia.  Can someone please ask Thorbon for additional recommendations?

Love the show, thanks for everything.

I've been thinking about an Iron Man game for a long time. Honestly, I'm just a garbage casual fan who really knows him from the MCU but Anthem shows us that kind of thing could be possible. Like you said in podcast, lots of interchangeable parts. Lots of different suits. Getting out of the suit and doing stuff as Tony Stark (both for story stuff, fun stuff like just being a rich billionaire, or even stealth missions with some minor gadgets). 

Oh, and for last week's episode when you wondered who had 24/48-hour type jobs, I immediately thought of firemen. They're not active for every hour, obviously, but they're "on duty" the whole time they're at the fire station.

"Switch game or Not" keeps going strong.  Great work!  I agree Cheapy needs a way to "win" the game.  So many guesses depending on the number of games perhaps. 

It's time drop the Overwatch Onslaught name though, Cheapy seems to have finally escaped the $60 lootbox simulator.  

Glad to hear the updates on the sweatshirt.

smPgUO6.jpg

The philosophical problem with Cheapy's "they should just make it $70" idea*:

— it rewards publishers for adding F2P monetization to full-priced games

— those publishers will inevitably, gradually still add in-game purchases atop that $70 asking price once $70 becomes the new normal

The empirical problem with Cheapy's "they should just make it $70" idea*:

— Unless they're made by Nintendo, $60 games drop in price so quickly now that people have caught on to just waiting a little while and saving a lot. Odyssey, all of 2 1/2 months old, is $25 in some places now and will be $15 or less in the next Gamefly sale. But all that in-app crap doesn't drop in price, which is why Ubi doesn't care that you got Odyssey for half off. More and more people can ride out the $60 asking price, and that'll only increase if it becomes $70, wiping out whatever benefit Ubi would get for raising the asking price and wiping out in-app purchases.

Great episode this week and nearly every week. Every episode is different, but still good.

I'm kindof done hearing cheapy complain about Assassin's Creed Odyssey microtransactions every single week.  Like wombat keeps saying its not a big deal if you use the new loot you get, which is the point of a RPG right?

Thanks for another good show

So a question asked on the show was if Mortal Kombat (I guess the new one) should be rated MA. And Cheapy replies along the lines of (I don't think so... What else can they add to make it a MA game?). I believe the person was asking if the current game, with the level of graphic violence it has NOW, should be rated M. To that the answer I believe is definitely YES.

If any of the game shows hosts (or listener disagrees) then I would invite them to watch a fatality compilation with their kids, see if you still think that any kid should be allowed to watch that stuff on their own. Here is a compilation example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyJwwhKd4kY

Show Feedback:
Cheepy, you are insane if you don't think there would be a giant shitstorm if there was no $60 version of a game. I dont think you are wrong that prices should probably go up but not everyone would be on board. On top of that, I dont know if the extra $10 per MSRP would make up the difference for all the extra microtransactions these games make. Especially since games these days drop to half price in less than half a year.

Question:
Cheapy, is The Boy and the Beast just a rip off of Digimon?

Regarding the $70 game "AAA" gaming pricing debate, Cheapy has valid points. However, I am more annoyed by phone games that are filled with ads when I play. I would gladly pay a few bucks or more to turn that crap off.

bread's done
Back