Photo
- - - - -

La Pucelle Tactics $19.82

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Epic Wolf

Epic Wolf

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:33 AM

21.79 Shipped, regret paying 50 for it last year would have thought it go up like Disgaea, hopefully Atelier doesnt bite me in the ass as well

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=2607019

has anyone heard anything about a guide for Atelier ?
My Collection...
Posted Image
Every man dies but not every man lives, but who am I to decide how
every man lives or should live, but yet each mans pleasure is another's dissatisfaction...

#2 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:47 PM

Not a bad price. I'd bite if I didn't already own it.
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#3 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:07 PM

Everywhere I look, I see reviews saying how bad the graphics are. Maybe when it's $10 I'll buy it. Besides, I don't like these "chessboard" type games.

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#4 Epic Wolf

Epic Wolf

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

Seems like every 2D game gets smacked with "BAD GRAPHICS" when it comes down to the reviews if u played any oldschool pre-3d rpg this will be right up your alley, besides since when did graphics rule out actual gameplay, as for 10$ I highly doubt it but you never know, this one will most likely go like Disgaea which sold out at 50 rereleased at 30 soldout again and is currently 60+ on Ebay, you might have noticed Phantom Brave LE is OOS on EB , only the regular left, we all know which will gain value, so as a safety I just buy them on release, I save so much on other games that I can take a hit on these, funny how during its shelf life I must have gone through half a dozen or so copies of Suikoden 2 and VP's wish I had kept them all.
My Collection...
Posted Image
Every man dies but not every man lives, but who am I to decide how
every man lives or should live, but yet each mans pleasure is another's dissatisfaction...

#5 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:28 PM

It seems to me, with 2D games these days, the graphics are fine, if not excellent.

#6 GreenMonkey

GreenMonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:40 PM

I wanted to hold out for > $20 shipped...but it is new..

I ordered it. Now I have only to get my hands on Phantom Brave super cheap and I will have finished collecting these strategy/RPGs before they possibly get expensive. :D

I too am scared of them getting rare. There's a reason I've never played Panzer Dragoon Saga, Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden, etc...now I buy them when they approach $20 just to be safe.
"I have seen what power does, and I have seen what power costs. The one is never equal to the other."
-G'kar, Babylon 5, "Epiphanies"

#7 c

c

The Hottest Judge on TV

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:42 PM

Besides, I don't like these "chessboard" type games.

Then you should really pass on La Pucelle. And most Nippon Ichi games, for that matter. I sorta like the genre, and the games got repetitive even to me.

Edit - and i agree that the graphics in these games are really, really good for what they are.

And, about the guide, check this out:
http://www.doublejum...y;threadid=2104
[right]Posted Image

[size=-3]Now Playing: Etrian Odyssey

#8 purevim

purevim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:56 PM

Pretty sure i saw this at Kohl's for < $13.

#9 Escobar4Life

Escobar4Life

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:41 AM

Should I buy La Pucelle Tactics for $10? (shipping not included) I have a $10 off coupon at EBgames.com

This game looks interesting. I just ordered Phantom Brave last week and I hope it's fun. I mean it looks like a great game and I like turn-based strategy games.

Or should I get a different game? I haven't played many RPG's and Turn-Based Strategy games by the way.

Thanks!

#10 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

Seems like every 2D game gets smacked with "BAD GRAPHICS" when it comes down to the reviews

The reviews said, "the graphics don't move". That would be considered "bad" even in the NES days.

Also the reviews I read made a point of saying Disgaea's 2D graphics were beautiful..... so the reviewer wasn't anti-2D..... just anti-bad graphics.

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#11 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:35 PM

Pretty sure i saw this at Kohl's for < $13.

Actually it was $20 at the Kohl's I went to recently (stickered $24.99 but a sign said all $24.99 games were $19.99).

#12 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

you can get this used after coupons for like 13.49 at ebgames when they have them in stock. I got one few weeks back and it was brand new (just wrapper removed) it had the white price tag on it and someone just stuck a yellow sticker over it to show used (no price on sticker)

now i got one to play and one sealed (paid 20 for the sealed one)