Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

There are a few people from Dallas here that I know of, but I don't know of any special deals or info. There sure aren't any good flea markets or anything in North Dallas AFAIK.

I probably even saw a few CAGs last weekend at Dear Friends in Ft Worth, though I didn't know at the time, of course.

Yeah, Dallas does kinda suck for flea market's, etc. But occasionally you can find some good pawn shop deals (I found Rez complete for $10 a few months back :)).

Dallas has several Gamerushes and Fry's so you guys have it good. I go there about once a year to visit friends and always hit up the GR's to see if I find anything good.

Have you guys never heard of trader's Village? I think it is one of the largest flea markets in the US, and it is very close to Dallas in Grand Prairie.

I have not heard of that but I'll see if I can find some info on it. DFW is so big that Grand Prairie is actually about 75 mins or more from me, depending on traffic.

[quote name='alexjs2913']Have you guys never heard of trader's Village? I think it is one of the largest flea markets in the US, and it is very close to Dallas in Grand Prairie.[/QUOTE]
Hell yeah!! That place is pretty cool for an afternoon of fuckin off. I don't go very often anymore but they have a shop that has old games (GG, Gen, NES) for fair prices and old VHS movies. They used to sell brand new games for like $25 awhile back but I never bought from them. I really should go back soon and see what I find.

Ps: While I'm here, does anybody have any CC games they want to trade or trade for?

[quote name='alexjs2913']Have you guys never heard of trader's Village? I think it is one of the largest flea markets in the US, and it is very close to Dallas in Grand Prairie.[/QUOTE]

We have a Trader's Village very close to me in Houston, and I love going there. You can kill so much time at that place and find anything there.

Dallas is a great place to live, imo..I'm stuck in Dayton right now, but hope the situation changes in a couple months and I can get back to the metroplex.

From a gamer/movie watcher's perspective --

1) Fry's Electronics
2) Gamerush/Gamestop/EB all over
3) Netflix/BB have a distribution center for their online rental service IN Dallas. BB's HQ is Dallas.
4) Major over the air networks owned and operated by the networks themselves(except ABC), so you get the best possible HDTV PQ without multicasting.

I'm sure there are more things I can list...

Lol, yeah Trader's Village is fun but I don't really refer to it as "in" Dallas, basically because it's a long ass drive with traffic and all. But it's definitely fun to go in and kill time ;)

What are you talking about Andrew? Going out? Killing time? You are rarely exposed to the sunlight, stop foolin' round Andrew.
LOLZ!

Hi, another Dallas CAGer checking in. Anyway, since no one has mentioned it, Canton's First Monday is one of the biggest "mega" flea markets in the US. They did a documentary on it on the Discovery Channel or TLC or something. I've never been out there, but it's reasonably close (~2 hours). I hit up 3 Best Buys during their clearance (Plano, Walnut Hill, and Midway) and only got 3 games I wanted.

I'm in the dallas area too. Don't have anything to contribute yet. I've kinda slowed down on the cheapass shopping since I have a huge backlog and am busy with school.

The Mesquite BB had one copy of Growlanser for the sale that I grabbed.. of course, I went to the store the night before to hide it... :lol:

I think the Best Buy with the coolest video game section (of the ones I've seen, at any rate) is the one on 75, north of SMU. (crap, I think it's 75.. lol) It's a bit of a pain to get to coming from the north though, but whatever. It's got lounge chairs and an hdtv set up to play games on. :bouncy:

Hello, I live in north dallas. I checked out the following stores:

toys r us (lewisville)- cleaned them out of 3 galleons and some gba games. There are a few green tag games left.

circuit city/best buy (lewisville)- didn't have any games from the clearance that I found.

Im gonna hit up a few more different stores and will let u know if i find anything.

[quote name='tacklebox']I think the Best Buy with the coolest video game section (of the ones I've seen, at any rate) is the one on 75, north of SMU. (crap, I think it's 75.. lol) It's a bit of a pain to get to coming from the north though, but whatever. It's got lounge chairs and an hdtv set up to play games on. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

They just recently changed that area but I still don't like the management there and they used to have an awesome game selection at that particular store but they seem to have thinned it out a lot since they went to that new floor plan.

[quote name='toocool17']toys r us (lewisville)- cleaned them out of 3 galleons and some gba games. There are a few green tag games left.[/quote]

why all the Galleons?? Are they worth something somwhere?

[quote name='Santurio']why all the Galleons?? Are they worth something somwhere?[/QUOTE]Gamerush gives you $19 each for them. Considering you could get them for less than $7 each last week, it was a really good deal. TRU on 75 and Walnut Hill still has some, I believe.

The Trader's Village in Grand Prairie is awesome. It's been a while since I've been out there, but I've found good stuff out there before, including a ton of cart-only NES games.

If anyone happens to find a Metroid GC bundle or a PS1 screen at a Toys R Us and doesn't need it, I'd very much appreciate if you could pick one up for me:)

[quote name='banpeikun']Gamerush gives you $19 each for them. Considering you could get them for less than $7 each last week, it was a really good deal. TRU on 75 and Walnut Hill still has some, I believe.[/QUOTE]
damn, I didn't know that. I bought one a few weeks back for $10 at TRU. I may have to check for more. Thanks

just checking in...

i'm in grapevine, and i work in fort worth (closer to arlington honestly) so i stop by a lot of stores in that mid-cities-ish area... don't have a ps2 or xbox, and i've been focused on GBA and DS lately... i'd be happy to help out other DFWers when i can...

and by the way, for those thinking about heading to canton for video game stuff, don't bother... yes, it's flea market style shopping, but it's known for an seems to always focus on arts and crafts and furniture... there isn't much in the way of "technology" out there, especially video games. i went there a few months ago, hoping to find some rarities, and all i came away with was taffy. it was good taffy, but it's just not the same...

Grapevine - you're lucky in that you have the only EB in the Dallas area that carries used NES and SNES games. All the other ones ship and games they get to the Grapevine Mills mall :(

I'd go by there all the time to check it out if I lived closer, but the drive isn't worth it with the price of gas right now.

Just a heads up the toys r us in frisco has like 50 games, most of them duplicates and almost all of them are green tagged $19.99 or higher. Some games are dbz sagas, fifa 2004, the thief (xbox), dead mans hand (xbox). there is nothing really good left.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']Lol, yeah Trader's Village is fun but I don't really refer to it as "in" Dallas, basically because it's a long ass drive with traffic and all. But it's definitely fun to go in and kill time ;)[/QUOTE]

its only 30 minutes from Downtown.

[quote name='DocRamon']just checking in...

i'm in grapevine, and i work in fort worth (closer to arlington honestly) so i stop by a lot of stores in that mid-cities-ish area... don't have a ps2 or xbox, and i've been focused on GBA and DS lately... i'd be happy to help out other DFWers when i can...

and by the way, for those thinking about heading to canton for video game stuff, don't bother... yes, it's flea market style shopping, but it's known for an seems to always focus on arts and crafts and furniture... there isn't much in the way of "technology" out there, especially video games. i went there a few months ago, hoping to find some rarities, and all i came away with was taffy. it was good taffy, but it's just not the same...[/QUOTE]Darn, that's really too bad about Canton. My wife has been wanting to go, so I figured it was a good opportunity to do some poking aroud for games. But... mmm, taffy.

Canton is definately not good for snagging games. Arts, crafts, and animals are primarily what you will find out there. Not worth the two hour drive if you are looking for games (though it is worth going if you have never been non game wise)

[quote name='Backlash']Grapevine - you're lucky in that you have the only EB in the Dallas area that carries used NES and SNES games. All the other ones ship and games they get to the Grapevine Mills mall :(

I'd go by there all the time to check it out if I lived closer, but the drive isn't worth it with the price of gas right now.[/QUOTE]

i'd be happy to keep an eye out for NES or SNES games, if there's particular ones that you're looking for...

but honestly, everytime i flip through them, there's usually nothing worth picking up. it's generally the same old titles you'd find anywhere... marios, tetris, lots of licensed games... they had kid icarus once, but it's since been sold. they keep their "best" titles behind glass with the used gba games. right now, i believe they're highlighting donkey kong country for SNES. not exactly rare or expensive...

but yeah, if there's something you've been searching for, let me know and i'll check when i go in.

[quote name='DocRamon']i'd be happy to keep an eye out for NES or SNES games, if there's particular ones that you're looking for...

but honestly, everytime i flip through them, there's usually nothing worth picking up. it's generally the same old titles you'd find anywhere... marios, tetris, lots of licensed games... they had kid icarus once, but it's since been sold. they keep their "best" titles behind glass with the used gba games. right now, i believe they're highlighting donkey kong country for SNES. not exactly rare or expensive...

but yeah, if there's something you've been searching for, let me know and i'll check when i go in.[/QUOTE]Do they have any of the good rpgs?

Well, I do enjoy some slightly lesser-known titles. For example, I was looking for Faxanadu, Duck Tales, and Zoda's Revenge. But, I managed to find all those at a used game shop in Waco (actually the outlets near there) of all places, on my way back from San Antonio. I'll let you know if I think of any others :)

checked grapevine mills today... they didn't have much...

NES
dragon warrior (2 copies)

SNES
donkey kong country
donkey kong country 3
super scope 6 (2 copies)

i asked what was going on, cause there was just a bunch of other titles out for both systems last tuesday... and the clerk said they pulled them all last friday to get ready for a larger selection during the holidays. those few games that were out were "recent trade-ins" that couldn't get sent back in time. as far as he understands, all EBgames stores sent their NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBC titles back to the main warehouse, and titles will get "re-shuffled and re-shipped" to different stores in order to give each location a larger selection. i wouldn't think that EBgames really cares this much about older titles. perhaps there's some sort of classic games sale coming up we don't know about. or perhaps he was just talking shit. we'll see later on i guess. regardless, there was little in the way of classic nintendo titles.

Hmm interesting. Thanks for checking though! I already have DW and DKC, but not DKC3. Do you remember how much they were asking for it?

Are any of you planning on getting a 360?? I am but I didn't pre-order, so I was wondering where the best place would be to get one on launch. If anybody works at BestBuy, do you have any info on how they will be selling their stock and what time they will start selling them?

bread's done
Back