Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#481 coppanuva

coppanuva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

Yeah, I went to the Plano Entertainmart today, it was pretty cool. I got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for $6 with original box and manual and Fire Emblem DS for $10. I also got some CDs too. Worth going to. Only sale going on was 3 DVDs for $12 in this box.

#482 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:15 AM

Whoa, what are some good flip targets for the GS +50% deal?
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Soundtracks, manga, and artbook downloads:
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=23384

Posted Image

#483 Essence07

Essence07

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

Just make a DFW/metroplex thread. I can't stand it when people dumb it down to just "Dallas"
Posted Image

#484 Essence07

Essence07

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

DFW thread already exists.
"DFW....Fort Worth CAG's"
Posted Image

#485 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:43 PM

Whoa, what are some good flip targets for the GS +50% deal?

Dunno about flipping, but Professor Layton (DS) gets $30 for trade-in, which is a ton for a game that old that doesn't have Mario in the title, IMO.

#486 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:34 AM

Just wanted to check in. Has anybody seen any good deals in town?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#487 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

Anyone know any local console repair places? Looking for a circuit board for my PS3.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#488 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:19 AM

Anyone know any local console repair places? Looking for a circuit board for my PS3.

You would be better off getting one from ebay.

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#489 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:17 PM

If you transfer a prescription to Tom Thumb and fill it, you get a free $30 gift card which is transferable to other gift cards, such has Gamestop or TRU. See the coupon in the ad at any Tom Thumb - runs till Feb 23
"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#490 GraftonWVDiskExchang

GraftonWVDiskExchang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:27 PM

I plan on moving to McKinney, TX (just north of Dallas) this summer (June most likely). I know there's a Half Price Bookstore up there as I have visited McKinney in the past. There's also a bunch of people advertising to sell games on Craigslist.

By the way, I'm originally from San Antonio...really miss Texas! The food especially (Tex Mex) and anybody who's been to San Antonio will tell you that it's the absolutely best place to eat!

Hope you guys keep this thread open/current...want to hit all the game "hot spots" in/around Dallas and find some bargains :-)

#491 Terash Cas

Terash Cas

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

I plan on moving to McKinney, TX (just north of Dallas) this summer (June most likely). I know there's a Half Price Bookstore up there as I have visited McKinney in the past. There's also a bunch of people advertising to sell games on Craigslist.

By the way, I'm originally from San Antonio...really miss Texas! The food especially (Tex Mex) and anybody who's been to San Antonio will tell you that it's the absolutely best place to eat!

Hope you guys keep this thread open/current...want to hit all the game "hot spots" in/around Dallas and find some bargains :-)

There are a few store called Movie Trading Company don't know if they are any good since I live in Austin :P

I was in San Antonio a few months ago looking for some video game stores all you guys had were Gamestops.

#492 Kundismack

Kundismack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2010 - 06:26 AM

I go to the University of Texas at Dallas in Richardson. Living in Richardson right now!

#493 solidFire501

solidFire501

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

Saw Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time at the Wal Mart in The Colony (4691 State Hwy 121) for $26. They had about 4 copies left. It was double priced, though - sticker on the game said $32, but the sticker on the rack said $26. I'm sure they'd honor the $26 price in the event it rang up incorrectly.

#494 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Anyone know where to unload unwanted game guides? I need to free up some space not to mention they weigh a ton. I already sold some back at Half Price Books.

#495 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

Anyone know where to unload unwanted game guides? I need to free up some space not to mention they weigh a ton. I already sold some back at Half Price Books.

CGX will give you next to nothing for them... not even worth the gas. May just go to a different HPB and unload the rest there.

#496 galbyman

galbyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

I live in Plano. Hello to all you DFW CAG members!!!!

#497 dyeknom

dyeknom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

Have any other people here had bad experiences at the Hwy 75 Best Buy in McKinney, TX (not to be confused with the SW Mckinney store off of 121) regarding @gamer and Gamer RZ certificates/coupons?

Every instance that I've tried to use the @gamer and RZ coupons, I've had the employee get the manager (short, blonde) and she would tell me that the coupon voids itself because full MSRP was originally 59.99 and if I insist on using the coupon that she will have to manually mark it up to that. I'm not talking about "sale" prices, but ANY game even if the current MSRP was 39.99-49.99. I'd like to know if other people are having the same problem before I call to complain.

#498 Zygote

Zygote

Yu are the One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:59 AM

Located a Blockbuster closing at Green Oaks and Collins in Arlington. Last day is tomorrow, Dec 19.
"Do not scorn the weak cub - he may become a brutal tiger"
Ancient Mongolian Proverb

#499 Moon Spirit

Moon Spirit

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:13 AM

Used to live in Richardson, in between two Blockbusters before they closed down. Now I'm living near Dallas, near two Blockbusters, a Best Buy, Gamestop, 3 malls, and an Entertainmart.

Right now, I'm hoping for a good deal for Target so I can use my gift card. I know there's Halo Reach and Fable 3 out, but those games never piqued my interest.

#500 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

Any news or updates happening in the area?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#501 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:56 AM

Is anybody going to the A-kon convention tmrw?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#502 Endangered

Endangered

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:49 PM

From Arlington here. I hit up entertainmart often, one on cooper and one in Dallas. Also movie trading co. Is a good place to find some deals, the one on cooper next to the tru even had a collectibles section with rare toys.

I've been in tx 2 years, if anyone wants to go to traders village sometime let me know we can hang out. Always looking for new friends, I'm 27, into all things nerd.

#503 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:20 AM

Anyone know of any good clearance that has been picked clean in DFW?

#504 futilesilencer

futilesilencer

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:37 AM

evolution games in fort worth is a great place, has decent deals on games. target clearance is always a good place to hunt for gems as far as clearance goes. i picked up phantom hourglass about a month ago for 4 bucks new. super good deal. i even go as far as looking in the furniture displays in case people try to hide things. and more often than not, i find clearanced electronics.

#505 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Making a trip to Dallas next week from Wichita Falls, what are the go to places in Ft Worth and Dallas?

#506 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

Making a trip to Dallas next week from Wichita Falls, what are the go to places in Ft Worth and Dallas?

Target... and Half Price Books... lol... not sure any of the local places. I've been to Entertainmart but they tend to price their games according to online prices so it's not really a deal to be had there IMO.

Trader's Village used to be a good place for all things, but more and more it's becoming like a trashy/cheap place IMO. People selling cheaply made products and overcharging for used stuff. But it is a spectacle if you want a place to walk around on the weekends (Friday to Sunday).

I never liked Hastings for video games, but if you pass one they sometimes have great deals on used DVDs (Buy one, get one for $1). There's one in Denton and one in Waxahachie... don't know if any of those are on your way.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#507 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yeah we have Hastings, and I've only found one meh deal there (Alpha Protocol for $9.99 lol) Opening up Saturday is Game X Change, not sure how good they are but I'll check them out. Defiantly will hit up all the Targets I pass, and Half Price Books.

#508 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Never heard of Game X Change. There used to be some small retro game chain here, but I heard the prices were always through the roof. I also don't get out to Dallas at all so someone else can fill you in. I stay in Fort Worth.Arlington.Grand Prairie area for the most part.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#509 Cmw7290

Cmw7290

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

Basically just deal hunting, got any other places within 50miles?

#510 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Over the course of a weekend a few months ago I visited every Target in the DFW Metroplex, ALL 44 of them, I skipped on the Burleson location because I had no luck at any of them and Burleson is very out of the way. I've also been to every Sears in the DFW metroplex over the past 12 months give or take, found some ok deals at a few. I seem to always be a step behind on the best deals unfortunately. Do we just live in a crappy region or am I really getting beat out on some of these deals? Sound off DFW CAGS, what are some of the best deals you've found in the metroplex? I'd have to say my best deal was the $20 Band Hero bundle at Sears a while back. That and the dozen or so penny guides I've scored at Best Buy about a year and a half ago, just sold my last two on Amazon last week.