Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

• Please log in to reply
521 replies to this topic

#61 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

Well I ended up going anyway, and they didn't have anything except Donkey Kong Country 2 for $10. Meh. Be sure to read about the $20 gift card in the deals forum too, that will be going on at Grapevine Mills.
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Soundtracks, manga, and artbook downloads:
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=23384

Posted Image

#62 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Big - D holla

#63 Mistelten

Mistelten

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

Wow, so many people who love Trader's Village! I was already planning to go there next weekend, but I didn't know they had games. What games do they have? Are they all NES and stuff or can you find anything more recent (PS1 onwards)?

#64 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:23 AM

Was going past Hillsboro today and passed a place called FX games exchange or something. Anyways, they have lots of legacy system games like NES SNES N64 DC etc. They had FFIII and Secret of Mana for like $45 and $40 respectively. Would have gotten Secret of Mana if it wasnt cart only. They offered me $20 for Suikoden IV, wish I had brought all my extra copies with me.

Posted Image

#65 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

Was going past Hillsboro today and passed a place called FX games exchange or something. Anyways, they have lots of legacy system games like NES SNES N64 DC etc. They had FFIII and Secret of Mana for like $45 and $40 respectively. Would have gotten Secret of Mana if it wasnt cart only. They offered me $20 for Suikoden IV, wish I had brought all my extra copies with me.

I've been there; it's pretty great. I got Faxanadu, Duck Tales, Zoda's Revenge, and ActRaiser for about $20 total. And the guy also gave me all the black NES sleeves he could find, about 12, for free. Really nice guys.

It's too far away unless you're on your way to or from Austin though.

#66 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:02 AM

Oh wow, the other SW area threads disappeared. Let's keep this one alive!

Posted Image

#67 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:05 PM

Just wanted to drop by and say Howdy to the DFW crowd.

#68 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:32 PM

Just wanted to drop by and say Howdy to the DFW crowd.

Go change your profile so it shows you're from Dallas!

Posted Image

#69 gsr

gsr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

moving back to dallas!!!!111shift+1! ...I sold most of my things on fleabay, but still have a dreamcast, so I'll still be gaming on that for a while.

glad to be out of dayton.

#70 devilman13

devilman13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:59 PM

Arlington here...the best things I've come on to is th KB toys cheapgames and game rush

#71 499deal

499deal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:37 PM

Has anyone checked out the Kb Toys in the Vista Ridge mall yet?

#72 GHardin

GHardin

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Dallas is a great place to live, imo..I'm stuck in Dayton right now, but hope the situation changes in a couple months and I can get back to the metroplex.

From a gamer/movie watcher's perspective --

1) Fry's Electronics
2) Gamerush/Gamestop/EB all over
3) Netflix/BB have a distribution center for their online rental service IN Dallas. BB's HQ is Dallas.
4) Major over the air networks owned and operated by the networks themselves(except ABC), so you get the best possible HDTV PQ without multicasting.

I'm sure there are more things I can list...

I think the Movie Trading Company has some good deals occasionally. Don't know what the deal is with their random pricing, though. Managed to get a copy of Astro Boy: Omega Factor for $5.99 new, so I was quite happy. :)

#73 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

Has anyone checked out the Kb Toys in the Vista Ridge mall yet?

Is it open? According to the KB Website, the only KB anywhere near here is in Grapevine. Anyways, if there was one there I'm sure all the crazy clearance items are long gone by now.

#74 499deal

499deal

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:09 PM

Is it open? According to the KB Website, the only KB anywhere near here is in Grapevine. Anyways, if there was one there I'm sure all the crazy clearance items are long gone by now.

Hmm..you're probably right. I haven't been there in a year or so, but I can at least say there used to be one there. Ahh well, thanks for the update.

#75 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:31 AM

yeah, the vista ridge KB closed a long time ago... it's now a discovery zone-esque playpark for kids...

#76 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:39 AM

Yeah all the KBs around died.

Posted Image

#77 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

I'm glad this forum exists. I live in Clarksville, Tn for the time being, going to college, but I was born and raised in good ol' Fort Worth. I love the DFW area and can't wait to get back.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#78 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

so, who's getting a 360 on launch day? I just want to know what stores you guys plan on going to and what time you plan on showing up to get in line.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

There is still a KB at Northeast Mall; at least this summer there was....hahahaha. I envy you guys with so many choices to steak out for launch of the 360. I'm getting mine free through the every10minutes, but I'm helping out a family friend and waiting in line at midnight. The only benefit of being here in Tennessee is less people. I will probably be camping out anywhere from 2 - 4 hours. Good luck to you all who plan on getting a system at launch and maybe I'll see yall around come Christmas time; I'll be the weird guy hoarding the games as you walk into the electronics department...hahahahaha... just kidding.
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

Forgot to ask in my previous post, but where are some good places for cheap games? When I am town I hit almost every Target in the DFW area; Colleyville being the best. Also I look around Virgin and Half Price books. Anywhere else besides the mall areas, GS, EB, Toys R Us, Movie Trading Company and Fry's?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#81 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:22 AM

CAGers I'll be heading to the DFW area for the holidays and wanted to know if there are any hotspots for games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:16 AM

What kind of stuff are you looking for? Gamerush has 25% off everything used right now. EB and GS had the B2G1F a couple weekends ago so they may be somewhat bare.

Posted Image

#83 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:34 AM

I live in the dallas area.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#84 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:49 AM

I live in Wichita Falls, but since my family lives in the DFW area (Crowley), I'm down there almost every weekend.

We should have a DFW CAG meetup somewhere. That could be pretty fun, what do you guys think?

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#85 SuprTnr2

SuprTnr2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 05:45 AM

I'm down, not sure if I could get a ride though...
EAST DALLAS. THAT'S WHERE I STAY.

#86 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:56 AM

anyone gonna be hittin up the local TRUs for the clearance? I would go but I never seem to find anything at the TRUs near me (plano/frisco). Plus, my backlog is kinda big so I am holding off on buying games at the moment.

#87 AdvOfJet

AdvOfJet

Brotherhood of Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:57 AM

I will probably check it out. Only thing I may pick up though is Conker for $10. Missed the $20 drop at Fry's so this is the perfect chance.
Posted Image

#88 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:15 PM

I might try for RE4 for GCN. $10 is a great price, but my backlog is so big that I fell kinda bad cause I know I wouldn't play it for several months. That's assuming they even have one at the Frisco TRU.

#89 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2005 - 03:21 PM

I plan on hittin a couple. If there is anything in particular someone wants me to keep an eye out for just let me know.

All I really want from the list is:
Area 51(XBX)
Close Combat: FIrst to Fight(XBX)
Fatal Frame 2(XBX)!!!
Karaoke Revolution(XBX)
Killer 7 (GC??) or (PS2)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 toocool17

toocool17

Gamer 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:25 AM

I went to the frisco tru and the employee told me some one cleared them out as soon as they opened. I went to the lewisville toys r us and got the last: fight night round 2 (gc), and romance of the three kingdoms X (ps2). They did have some dbz sagas for ps2 left though which are like $6 I believe.